OT: So....what are you going to do?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Herd immunity will eventually catch up. Right now the responses are to try to slow down the infection rate so that hospitals can keep up with the critical cases.

But yeah I'm worried that the markets still have lower to go.

There is an upside to all of this. Its that we won't live as long and therefore do not have to save as much as we formerly thought, so we can retire earlier. :)

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
My work did nothing yet either, but it’s because there’s no plan, yet.

I am sure we will know on Monday.

I am planning on staying home for a few weeks.

Luckily, my work is setup for multi office communications, across the globe. Microsoft Teams is good for this.
I wish I can bank on staying home. My company is really old fashioned...if they don’t see you in the office they don’t think you’re working or something.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I got a back log of video games and Neal Stephenson books to get caught up on.

Started playing Wind Waker HD today
After that I got: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dark Souls 3 DLC, Witcher 3 DLC, Luigi's Mansion 3, Vanquish.

Want to find a decent emulation of Final Fantasy 3 (US). Might splurge for Granblue Versus. Will absolutely be getting Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing next week.

Gonna start Cryptonomicon tonight by Neal Stephenson. Then onto the Baroque Cycle.

Might finally get around to watching the Wire, the Sopranos and Succession.

I'm also gonna make a point to lift weights for a half hour and learn Spanish for an hour each day.
I’ve bought Dark Souls for 3 platforms and I end up putting it down after 15 mins because I keep getting my ass handed to me after the first boss. Guess I should learn my lesson anytime...

Start Sopranos now pls...you can exchange Baked Ziti recipes with me and @coladin

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I’m watching October 12, 2016
Sens vs Leafs on HNIC
It’s Matthews 4 goal debut,
If I remember correctly, Sens win in OT, on a Matthews turnover, or lack of backcheck.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
What was that NHL-themed reality TV show that aired on CBC during the 04/05 lockout? Players competed for a shot at a tryout with the canadian NHL clubs. I'm going to go dig that out.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I’ve bought Dark Souls for 3 platforms and I end up putting it down after 15 mins because I keep getting my ass handed to me after the first boss. Guess I should learn my lesson anytime...

Start Sopranos now pls...you can exchange Baked Ziti recipes with me and @coladin
I know what you mean with Dark Souls. Its daunting but so rewarding once you find your groove. Its about knowing your openings and having good reactions to parry or dodge. You can't just mash your way through it. Gotta be calculated and patient.

If you have a ps4, I'd recommend Bloodborne. I think it's the peak of the From Soft games and a bit easier to pick up with it being more streamlined. Added bonus if you're into Lovecraft. I've played every Soulsborne game but Bloodborne was the first I actually finished. Got me to go back to Dark Souls and actually finish it. I should actually put Sekiro on my list of games to play. Never finished it despite really liking it. The games are just so taxing mentally that sometimes I wanna play stardew or overwatch to just zone out.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I know what you mean with Dark Souls. Its daunting but so rewarding once you find your groove. Its about knowing your openings and having good reactions to parry or dodge. You can't just mash your way through it. Gotta be calculated and patient.

If you have a ps4, I'd recommend Bloodborne. I think it's the peak of the From Soft games and a bit easier to pick up with it being more streamlined. Added bonus if you're into Lovecraft.
Yeah I have a PS4 pro. I’ve looked at Bloodborne before but I know I’ll just want to throw the controller across the room. Are you going to get a PS5? The beauty of being an adult now I realize I can get all the shit I wanted as a kid. So I’ll be getting a day one PS5 and whatever the new XBox is as well.

I’m replaying Uncharted 4 right now which is probably the best video game of all time IMO.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah I have a PS4 pro. I’ve looked at Bloodborne before but I know I’ll just want to throw the controller across the room. Are you going to get a PS5? The beauty of being an adult now I realize I can get all the shit I wanted as a kid. So I’ll be getting a day one PS5 and whatever the new X-Box is as well.
My partner and I are definitely getting a ps5. I'm actually more enthused about the new xbox given all the studios they acquired but all those games will likely come to PC where I do most of my gaming anyways. Eventually god of war will come to ps5 though and I will definitely want to play that. I figure Cyberpunk will release day 1 (I don't think they've confirmed it though) so she will play that on ps5 while I play it on my PC. I expect that game to run like doodoo on our base model ps4s.

Reactions: branch

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
We are actually over staffed, so I'm curious to know what happens with our extra staff! I work in a cardiac ICU, and we staff for 18 patients, we only have 10. Which means 6-7 extra nurses a shift. I expect we send them to the PICU and resp floors.

We were pretty bonkers with the flu this year though, as it hit kids hard.

Oh, hmm, I wonder then if the callouts were for extra positions! Oh man, if we got 14 nurses on our unit of 36, I'd be in heaven. And if the students come.... I'm going in tomorrow, so I really hope I am not getting my hopes up and it'll be just me alone in the hospital like Will Smith in I am Legend.

I work casual, so with this whole pandemic I kind of feel like Geralt of Rivia. I take jobs from the bounty board. Each quest giver has a good back story, and they are being plagued by the Corona Monster. I make potions and use steel (needles) on humans and silver (antimicrobial wound dressing).

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What was that NHL-themed reality TV show that aired on CBC during the 04/05 lockout? Players competed for a shot at a tryout with the canadian NHL clubs. I'm going to go dig that out.

LOOOOOOOOL I remember that! Then they'd have the actual NHL GM/coach come watch the final episode (which is normally a scrimmage) and do like a draft of the guy they want, loool.

Reactions: branch

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Making the Cut
That was a CBC show. Might be on the Gem app. Shout out to the Gem app for anyone who doesn't have it. Loads of free content there. Documentary Now! Is hilarious. The first episode with Bill Hader and Fred Armesen is my favorite. Also reccomend Barry on HBO (crave) if anyone hasn't seen it. Amazing television.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Hopefully board my flight home from Cancun on the 22nd. Not much I can do as when we left there were no travel bans and insurance wasn’t in play. Oh well, self-isolation on our list when we are back it seems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad