OT: So....what are you going to do?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'd be more worried about transmission via mass gatherings of people at the grocery store (and elsewhere) than about transmission via items bought there (which should still be wiped clean, of course).

A large majority of grocery stores are limiting number of customers inside at a time, and telling everyone to stay a meter+ away from each other.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
I posted this a few weeks ago, but it is probably more apt now

Of Sport and Men

If you are a interested in the history of sports, you have got to watch. There are at least 2 dozen significant sport's personalities, and world personalities in it... The hockey section is unreal..see how many legends you recognize.

For F1 fans, see Monaco, before the marina and pool. And the great Juan Manuel Fangio at the end

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Of Sport and Men

If you are a interested in the history of sports, you have got to watch. There are at least 2 dozen significant sport's personalities, and world personalities in it... The hockey section is unreal..see how many legends you recognize.

For F1 fans, see Monaco, before the marina and pool. And the great Juan Manuel Fangio at the end

Cool, will check it out!

I remember going to F1 races where there was no speed limit in the pit lane. I don't understand how that existed for so long!

Reactions: DrEasy

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Of Sport and Men

Double post. Still working from home, my kids are getting on my nerves and no end in sight for that lol. At least we seem to be healthy and safe. Tried to watch "Tiger King", not getting the fascination with it

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Day 9/14 self quarantine.. all is good so far. Have to venture out next week assuming I am symptom free to restock the fridge.

What is the shopping experience like at Costco these days?

Is Canadian Tire open where you are?

How 'bout Dollar stores?

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Day 9/14 self quarantine.. all is good so far. Have to venture out next week assuming I am symptom free to restock the fridge.

What is the shopping experience like at Costco these days?

Is Canadian Tire open where you are?

How 'bout Dollar stores?

The Costco's and Walmart's seem a little more crowded. But so far my Farm Boy and Loblaws runs have been surprisingly good. It was easy to make my way through the store and never really feel my 6 ft zone compromised.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
The Costco's and Walmart's seem a little more crowded. But so far my Farm Boy and Loblaws runs have been surprisingly good. It was easy to make my way through the store and never really feel my 6 ft zone compromised.

Went to Walmart today. Packed. I probably will not go back again for the foreseeable future.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Cool, will check it out!

I remember going to F1 races where there was no speed limit in the pit lane. I don't understand how that existed for so long!

I think you are of Italian heritage!! right

See the bike racing
1) Gino Bartali is in it
2) Fasuto Coppi is in it
3) the modern day rear derailleur on bikes. That was year one of their introduction. Campagnolo introduced them in 1949

this is the 49 tour.

A man by the name of Freddi Kubler is in it. a very famous picture of him crying as he tries to fix a flat exists. Historians always believed 1950..but you see him here. you see his number 40. That was his number in 49 and not 50. Kubler was a tour champion and a star in the sport.

Coppi and Bartali are legends. Bartali was a member of the Italian resistance during the war.

this film is unreal..it is a collection of clips and not singular . It was not filmed the National film board, but was edited and clipped by them.

I could break this film down and identify about 20 different sections and historical /significant events/moments.

check out the football (soccer) section,. you see Totenham hotspurs and the 1950 community shield. You also see the queen's Uncle and Mrs. Simpson... I believe some sections are the 1954 world cup..but I am not sure. I will see if i can identify the teams and players

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wiped all my grocery packages down with alcohol. :)
Is this something others are doing?
I have and will do again. I am using the disinfectant wipes. I understand that bleach and water , 10 parts water 1 part bleach is also effective. I made up a spray bottle. Washing fruits and some vegetables with soap and water as well.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
I have and will do again. I am using the disinfectant wipes. I understand that bleach and water , 10 parts water 1 part bleach is also effective. I made up a spray bottle. Washing fruits and some vegetables with soap and water as well.

Sens..some sites, news reports, etc. suggest that you should not use soap on vegetables and fruit.. Water only..the soap will be absorbed and you end up eating it.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Is that how it works with alcohol too? @Icelevel may just be sitting around getting loaded eating bananas.

alcohol is not native to the human body. Years ago, I was warned to minimize touching it.. at least the alcohol for cleaning/sterilizing/etc. I am not sure about spirits/ alcohol due to fruit/vegetable fermentation.

I wish I could remember the whole conversation I had with the guy who warned me..at the time, he suggested that some cleaner meant for electronics was safer...

I don't know... I know we are joking and cost wise, it is unwise. But, you may be wiser to use booze to disinfect, if you want to use an alcohol..but a 40 of vodka is better drank then wiping a grocery bag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad