So, what are y’all doing?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
We get the 13 year brood in Middle Tennessee, but unfortunately as the mid-state gets more and more built up, the brood gets smaller and smaller.

I grew up in SW Ohio and we seemed to have them every 4 or 5 years. There would be a year when you would crunch as you walked on the sidewalk. I am thinking that we had the 13 and 17 year varieties.

Indiana also has a frequent problem. Ohio and Indiana are both relatively flat with a lot of trees.

That website says that TN is getting hit in 2020 & 2021 by Brood 10, 2024 & 2025 (Brood 14), 2028 & 2029 by Brood 23.

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I grew up in SW Ohio and we seemed to have them every 4 or 5 years. There would be a year when you would crunch as you walked on the sidewalk. I am thinking that we had the 13 and 17 year varieties.

Indiana also has a frequent problem. Ohio and Indiana are both relatively flat with a lot of trees.

That website says that TN is getting hit in 2020 & 2021 by Brood 10, 2024 & 2025 (Brood 14), 2028 & 2029 by Brood 23.

My first job was at Hardee's, and it was in a cicada year. There was one week in the summer where my duty was to stand at the front door with a broom and sweep the cicadas out every time a customer came in because so many of them would spill into the store when the door opened.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Back when I was in my early twenties one summer we had what was reported to be a cross emergence of both the 13 and the 17 year cicadas. They were EVERYWHERE, either living or their shells, or them crawling out of them. You'd walk outside and they'd land on you. I was teaching then, those poor little kids--they'd go out to play and get bombarded by the things. It was awful. I'm not scared of bugs but the kids were terrified and it was all I could do to shoo/pluck them off the children and try to calm them down before another one would attack.

BFC, if every other nation wasn't experiencing the same thing I'd wonder along with you. But Australia and California have had fires, Japan has had earthquakes, the ice caps are diminishing, and Italy, home of the POPE has had its share of woe. I think it's just a coincidence, but if not maybe it's all because that Shoney's in Donelson got a BAR inside. My MIL would blame it on that. ;-)

gene vestal

May 25, 2020
Hi Smashville. I hope this is the best thread to get help but I'm returning as a member after an extremely long while and I'm going crazy with all and I mean ALL of the pop up infolinks. Can someone please direct me to the place where I can stop or at least limit seeing all about Kroger working around the clock and items being subject to availability.l
THANKS SO MUCH.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hi Smashville. I hope this is the best thread to get help but I'm returning as a member after an extremely long while and I'm going crazy with all and I mean ALL of the pop up infolinks. Can someone please direct me to the place where I can stop or at least limit seeing all about Kroger working around the clock and items being subject to availability.l
THANKS SO MUCH.

You can eliminate all the ads by becoming a sponsor. It only costs 12 dollars a year. Well worth it.

Reactions: gene vestal and Adz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad