So, what are y’all doing?

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I've seen the synchronous fireflies both in the Smoky's and in some mountain areas near me. This year the parks are closed to this event.

Luckily, Discover Life in America (DLIA), a non-profit based in the Smoky Mountains, is teaming up with firefly photographer Radim Schreiber to livestream the beetles. The group will launch a YouTube live stream at 8 p.m. ET on June 1, so the whole world can experience the synchronous fireflies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Update, the lightning bugs have returned and in good numbers. Phew! They're mostly yellow. I've seen scattered greens and blues, which is normal.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Last night was up @ Rocky Fork State Park area where I saw Synchronous FF's last year. Hardly a l'bug in sight.

The blotches in the sky are bugs, not spots on my camera.

850_4648.jpg

Missed the position/timing on Unaka Mountain but did grab one test snapshot.

850_4693.jpg

850_4670.jpg

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Let's see...
Still working from home.
Still waiting for the go ahead to fix up my office at the new facility.
Been preparing for a week long visit from my two granddaughters.
My mother is back in Alabama for awhile so sis and I went down there yesterday.
So I've been busy but it has been mostly mundane stuff.
Happy Fourth, all. I think sis and I are going to cook out, at least it was mentioned last night.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Work has only barely slowed down. Right now they are trying new schedules so that they don't continue to work us to death. Hope it works out cause it means cutting drives to Franklin from 6 days a week to just 3.

Holiday was nice, but I seriously need an extended break.

Reactions: PredsV82

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If I should stop sharing some photos let me know. Until then I'll do this from time to time. They will always be my photos, not something I found online.

I wish this looked as good in the forum as it does higher resolution

View attachment 352794
NEVER stop sharing. Even if 1 person for some reason objects, f them, these photos are THE highlight of the board during shut-down!
:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->