So....that Jack Eichel is on pace for over 90 points...

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
the same people bashing Eichel this year were saying Barzal>Eichel 6 weeks ago. HF is not a good judge of talent at all.
Thats a fanbase thing. People like to bag on Leaf fans for hyping, but every other team does it too. HF turns into an echo chamber.

There's a reason stuff like "quietly", "underrated" are buzzwords around here. People are always trying to be right about something so they'll hot take it so they can say they were right in the odds it pans out.

Fact is most these players aren't as good as their fanbase imagines them.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
What a weird time to put down Marner

What a weird thread to keep talking about leaf players.

So that we have 60+ players with ppg and highest scoring season since 96 (tied with postlockout 05/06) makes it less impressive. yet good numbers.

60 plus player at PPG? How many have 160 pts in their last 160 games though? Hes 22 and hasn’t had a linemate who’s hit 60 pts. Is that impressive enough? Add in the injuries, regularly playing against the toughest opposition, carries the play and regularly produces..... there’s not too many guys in this league like him.

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
Fully agree, Eichel was a pretty nice consolation prize for Buffalo in that draft even if the GM was a complete jerk about it.
I have been pulling for Jack since the beginning of his career. Tim Murray's reaction to the draft lottery is a big reason why.

When Tim Murray expressed his anger over losing the draft lottery, what he was indirectly saying was " You're OK Jack, but we really wanted the other guy (McDavid) instead."

I'm going to give Tim Murry the benefit of the doubt and say that he just didn't think this through. Nevertheless, the implied message was the same and you can't put the genie back in the bottle. It put more pressure on Jack to try to prove Tim wrong. To Jack's credit, he had delivered the goods.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
I always had the opinion even before we lost the draft lottery and got Eichel (sounds like an oxymoron) that come on this is Connor mcdavid I don’t care who the kid is, you can’t be mad about going 2nd or have a chip on your shoulder. I always thought, this guy better be good. I haven’t questioned nor thought about that thought since that very moment till this post.

If not for the injuries I believe he would be going for his third 80 pt season, people can say pace doesent matter but when your second and third seasons go 2/3 way through, and you’re still at that rate...That’s more then Just pace. It’s not about the numbers though, it’s his whole game and he’s never played with a superstar on his line. Skinner is the closest thing to that and who calls him even a legit star. He is second in goals and hasn’t even looked nearly that good this year. (To be second in goals)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I always said just judge Jack Eichel when he isn't playing on a tire fire of a team. Right now, the judgement is good for the Captain. As Bobby Mac said, had McDavid, Eichel, and Matthews been in the same draft. They would went in this order, Going 2nd behind the generational McDavid and before a great talent like Matthews is a testament of what Eichel is and he is showing it this year with a respectable team finally.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
I always said just judge Jack Eichel when he isn't playing on a tire fire of a team. Right now, the judgement is good for the Captain. As Bobby Mac said, had McDavid, Eichel, and Matthews been in the same draft. They would went in this order,

I’ll agree but also want no part of that discussion. My sanity depends on not going there, so I’m changing the subject...

How about Tennyson? ;)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I’ll agree but also want no part of that discussion. My sanity depends on not going there, so I’m changing the subject...

How about Tennyson? ;)

I added and edited.
Going 2nd behind the generational McDavid and before a great talent like Matthews is a testament of what Eichel is and he is showing it this year with a respectable team finally.

It's a compliment to all 3 and no slight to any.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Betelgeuse

Sep 21, 2018
Redlining on the generatiometer.

A real treat to watch. He has wheels but his style of play is to slow things down. He's very deliberate in what he does.

Reactions: Mitts888

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
I added and edited.

It's a compliment to all 3 and no slight to any.

Hey man I’m not a mod I wasn’t telling you what to do, I’m just saying “I” wouldn’t be discussing it, lol. I’m not going to gush in this thread, this is just my third post in it but he is what so far everything a hart trophy canadidate should be since being captain, his defensive game and leadership...both ace. (The improvement is staggering). Since skinner seems to be finishing off all of his plays some actually think he’s the one who’s been either as good or better, lol, truthfully only one Eichel hater has said that but if I was looking at stats and not watching games I’d at least think it was close, which it hasn’t been, like at all...while that’s true Reinhart has been quietly the most under appreciated player on the team but when did he get hot? The same time everyone else does, when they play on line 1.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hey man I’m not a mod I wasn’t telling you what to do, I’m just saying “I” wouldn’t be discussing it, lol. I’m not going to gush in this thread, this is just my third post in it but he is what so far everything a hart trophy canadidate should be since being captain, his defensive game and leadership...both ace. (The improvement is staggering). Only to the naked eye since skinner is finishing off all his plays some actually think he’s the one who’s been either as good or better, lol....Reinhart has been quietly the most under appreciated player, but when did he get hot? The same time everyone else does, when they play on line 1.

I know. I edited before your reply to me. Just wanted you to see the entire post.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Eichel is an amazing player. I said before he was drafted he might one day go down as the greatest American player of all time.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Uh, okay? Eichel got drafted #2 in 2015, he's currently #4 for the 2015 draft class in scoring... Good for him, I guess. But I honestly don't know why he'd deserve a thread before any of the 11 players ahead of him.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Last night was the most dominant game I have ever seen from Eichel. The only opposing defenceman who could keep up with his speed and skill, was OEL.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I have been pulling for Jack since the beginning of his career. Tim Murray's reaction to the draft lottery is a big reason why.

When Tim Murray expressed his anger over losing the draft lottery, what he was indirectly saying was " You're OK Jack, but we really wanted the other guy (McDavid) instead."

I'm going to give Tim Murry the benefit of the doubt and say that he just didn't think this through. Nevertheless, the implied message was the same and you can't put the genie back in the bottle. It put more pressure on Jack to try to prove Tim wrong. To Jack's credit, he had delivered the goods.

This just isn't true. I suggest you go back and read up on what happened rather than listen to whatever media source you are getting your information from. I dislike a lot of what Tim Murray did so I am not a defender, but he said multiple times he hated the process of the draft lottery, specifically where all the GMs gather in one spot to reveal the lottery results. He said this before the lottery and reiterated his position after the lottery, but all of a sudden after the lottery some how it is a slight against Eichel.

Reactions: Hasek

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I'd say this is proof that Eichel belongs to the truly elite. Only a superstar can board a guy, bloody him up and not get called for a penalty.

Yeah, it's great to watch him be more physical but he has to watch that shit. He's going to end up getting suspended. To be fair, he's been hit like that a few times also with no call. It's a league wide problem. Guy's turning their backs to a player coming in (like Fischer did) and not keeping thier head up is also becoming a problem also. I know turning your back is probably instincts, but it's a really bad habit. But Eichel should of let up and not extended him arms. That was bad on him.

Last edited:

Danny1237

Jun 12, 2016
Eichel is an elite player, has been for awhile. He has scored at a very strong 77 pt pace the two years prior to this one, and didn't really have a good winger. Now he's paced for 90+ points when paired with a legit scoring threat. Skinner's goal production won't likely stay at a 50+ point pace, so Eichel's assists likely fall of a little, however, he has actually increased his shot production, and his shooting percentage has been under his career average to date, so there is a strong possibility that he picks up in the goals department as Skinner slows a little and their combined production is actually close to sustainable (just different).

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
Eichel on pace for 90+ points, and gets away with boarding when other guy would get 5 and a game.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Uh, okay? Eichel got drafted #2 in 2015, he's currently #4 for the 2015 draft class in scoring... Good for him, I guess. But I honestly don't know why he'd deserve a thread before any of the 11 players ahead of him.
Eichel is pretty much carrying a team that is significantly flawed and was one of the worst ever over the past 5 seasons to where they have the 4th best record in the entire league right now. If you were voting for the Hart right now he would be among the absolute strongest candidates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad