So....that Jack Eichel is on pace for over 90 points...

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Hint: Maybe go look at games played each season !!
He has 159 points in his last 159 games.

These uneducated posts..... :help:
A number of players are a point a game..if they are all elite then wow. Plus, he is injured so much, that alone disqualifies him for elite..you are no good to your team sitting in the press box. He's had a good start to this season..let's see where it takes him and the team.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Reading on our board, he did a similar penalties (one uncalled?) on two different players in different games. He will need to watch that. Good way to paralyze an opponent.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Uh, okay? Eichel got drafted #2 in 2015, he's currently #4 for the 2015 draft class in scoring... Good for him, I guess. But I honestly don't know why he'd deserve a thread before any of the 11 players ahead of him.

He's 2nd in scoring only behind McDavid. Shockingly to no one you are wrong again.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He's 2nd in scoring only behind McDavid. Shockingly to no one you are wrong again.
Mikko Rantanen, Connor McDavid, Mitchell Marner, Jack Eichel is the top 4, right? Or do you count points differently?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Mikko Rantanen, Connor McDavid, Mitchell Marner, Jack Eichel is the top 4, right? Or do you count points differently?

Oh wow I though you were taking about in his draft class. I guess were talking about the 32 games this year. There's also zero chance Mitch Marner or Mikko Rantanen would be producing like they are if they didn't have elite centres to play with, but I'm not getting into that debate.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Oh wow I though you were taking about in his draft class. I guess were talking about the 32 games this year.
In a thread talking about this season, I'm talking about this season, indeed. Truly bizarre, I admit.

I assume that this thread should not exist in your eyes, then? Considering that a 32 game sample size is meaningless. Well, what do you know. That's my opinion as well.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
In a thread talking about this season, I'm talking about this season, indeed. Truly bizarre, I admit.

I assume that this thread should not exist in your eyes, then? Considering that a 32 game sample size is meaningless. Well, what do you know. That's my opinion as well.

okay

msgrmartinez

Dec 7, 2015

I read it the same way as the other poster did. No need to be condescending for a simple misunderstanding.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Eichel is starting to become the player that every Sabres fan knew he could be. No more dogging it on the backcheck, no more lazy shift changes, using his strength and reach effectively in board battles, regularly scoring or creating timely goals, leading by example.

I believe in rewarding performance, but some individuals improve their performance after they've been rewarded. That's what we're seeing with Eichel this season. Giving him the captaincy seems to have made a significant difference in his play.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
E. Pettersson
GP:28 G:16 A:17 P:33 PPG: 1.18 +11

J. Eichel
GP:32 G:10 A:29 P:39 PPG: 1.22 +9

Eichel is an excellent player and is having a breakout year; really clicking with Skinner. Buffalo is a good, fast, young and exciting team. However Eichel has similar numbers to a lanky rookie playing centre for the first time on a horrible team getting accustomed to the NA game, not really thread worthy IMO.

Last edited:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
E. Pettersson

J. Eichel

Eichel is an excellent player and is having a breakout year; really clicking with Skinner. Buffalo is a good, fast, young and exciting team. However Eichel has similar numbers to a lanky rookie playing centre for the first time on a horrible team, not really thread worthy IMO.
yeah Eichel is actually producing on a regular basis.......and doesn't have a Pejorative Slured shooting percentage while leading the league in shots. Maybe you should watch which players actually dominating opposition top lines regularly instead of popping out against the Blues...and not scoring for a few games.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
E. Pettersson

J. Eichel

Eichel is an excellent player and is having a breakout year; really clicking with Skinner. Buffalo is a good, fast, young and exciting team. However Eichel has similar numbers to a lanky rookie playing centre for the first time on a horrible team getting accustomed to the NA game, not really thread worthy IMO.

7.2%
26.7%

I'll let you guess which of those completely unsustainable shooting percentages belongs to who.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I’m not diminishing Eichel’s performance, IMO he should have always been on pace for 90+ point seasons, maybe I just hold him to a higher regard. When players like Marner, Matthews, Pettersson, Barzal, Rantanen, MacKinnon, Aho, Meier are ripping it up I expect nothing less from the No. 2 overall pick.

Last edited:

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Oh wow I though you were taking about in his draft class. I guess were talking about the 32 games this year. There's also zero chance Mitch Marner or Mikko Rantanen would be producing like they are if they didn't have elite centres to play with, but I'm not getting into that debate.

Likewise, Eichel wouldnt be producing like he is without a finisher like Skinner. But I'm not getting into that debate either.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
E. Pettersson

J. Eichel

Yea the Sabres are an amazing team he has played with, just dominated the past 4 years or so. Eichel is the result of a great team and those around him.

PeterForsberg

Aug 4, 2012
Only C's who I rate better than him RIGHT NOW:

Crosby, Mack, McDavid, Matthews and him are equal to me right now.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Marner has been on point per game pace for over 100 games now and most of that is without Tavares.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
4th in scoring but there are 11 ahead of him?

Am I missing something here?

"he's currently #4 for the 2015 draft class in scoring."

"any of the 11 players ahead of him"

The 11 ahead of him are not all from his draft class. 3 of the 11 are from his draft class.

I didn't look it up, just assuming he's right.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Only C's who I rate better than him RIGHT NOW:

Crosby, Mack, McDavid, Matthews and him are equal to me right now.

Probably a fair enough statement. Each has certain things they do better or that might make an individual prefer their game more. Certainly not a great degree of separation.

Reactions: newfy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad