So....that Jack Eichel is on pace for over 90 points...

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I forget who did the breakdown (Sportsnet maybe?) but the way the Leafs have been paying in bonus money worked out to more advantageous than the Florida tax break.
Honestly I'd be interested to see that because it was always my understanding that Ontario was a New York or California style tax hell. I have no idea how Canadian tax laws work vs the ones here.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Good for him. The Sabres are starting to cool off a bit now so it'll be interesting to see if Eichel's talent can sustain the Sabres' cool down.
Sabres top line hasn't cooled down at all its been the depth that's cooled down along with a couple of Ullmark starts who finally got his first regulation loss.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Seems every time I come on here, there is a thread that wants to tarnish or trash this kid. His play the last few weeks has been elite and his head to head with Matthews is the start of something special between the two.

So far today Eichel has 2 goals, giving him 9 on the season. He is staying relatively healthy as well and as long as he stays healthy, 90 plus points should not be a question. I think there are a lot of posters out there that need to eat their crow, give this kid his props for how he has played for much of this season AND finally acknowledge that he is in the elite class of players in this league.

I understand many can't/won't do that, others will still turn this into a pissing match one way or another by including players like Matthews and McDavid...so my expectations are low.

But for those that can recognize what he is doing this season, I implore you to drop a line in here for a young guy that has taken far too much **** on here despite being a ppg player that has had to deal with health issues and ****ty teammates the past 2 years.

Thanks to Jeff Skinner ;)

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I have watched a decent amount of Buffalo games and lost a lot of $ betting against them this year. He is actually VERY good and should be seen as a Hart nominee if he keeps it up. He also leads the league in shots on goal prior to today.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
I have watched a decent amount of Buffalo games and lost a lot of $ betting against them this year. He is actually VERY good and should be seen as a Hart nominee if he keeps it up. He also leads the league in shots on goal prior to today.
lol he shot like 15 times today what a lunatic

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Fully agree, Eichel was a pretty nice consolation prize for Buffalo in that draft even if the GM was a complete jerk about it.

Him torpedoing the rest of the rebuild with horrible trades and signings just to make Eichel's life miserable was a bit over the top. They had the picks to draft guys like White, Konecny and Aho to compliment Eichel before the 2015 trade deadline and Tim Murray threw them on overrated square pegs with the hockey sense of Nail Yakupov instead.

Thankfully GM pedoface is out of the nhl for good

Last edited:
Reactions: EichHart

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
He just took 10 so this should still be safe

Update that thread title to 100 baby

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
15 multi point games ties him for the league lead with Rantanen and Mackinnon...who each have the benefit of playing with a guy with 15 multi point games.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
His production feels sustainable to me. Barring injury, he should end up with 90+. He shoots a ton, plays a lot of minutes, actually has a decent trigger man in Skinner, plays a lot of PP minutes, is put on the ice for empty net situations because he can bullseye it, and gets first priority for 3-on-3.

I don’t necessarily think his shooting percentage will jump up to his career percentage, because he seems to be shooting for rebounds a lot. It should increase a little though.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
I just wanted to say i think eichel has some underrated hands the puck is usually glued to his stick. He keeps the puck so tight to the blade when he handles it complete control reminds me of patty kane.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
many posters that had things to say about Eichel kept saying he hasn't hit over 70 points yet in a season, him hitting over 90 definitely silences that crowd.

as for the other players, doubtful both of those guys reach those totals, it is a long year and the dog days are coming...but regardless it has been a great year for young offensive talent, Eichel is in the top 10 in scoring right now - that is something to be talking about IMO. Rantanen also is on the best line in hockey with 2 other guys in the top 5 and 15 scoring respectively...Eichel does not have that on his line outside of Skinner in the top 35 of scoring...massive difference there...

LOL so you're going to say Eichel's projecting for a 90+ point season and at the same time dismiss the other 2 saying it's doubtful they hit their projection? Rantanen plays on the best line in hockey like you said, it's far more likely he keeps up his production as opposed to Eichel (Don't take this as hate, I believe Eichel will hit 90 if he stays healthy as well).

And Marner health permitting with that offense and powerplay doesn't look like he'll go under 100.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Marner is better than Eichel

Go away.

Jack Eichel is on pace for 74 points at even strength. Only four players have produced more at even-strength since the '04 lockout:

1) Connor McDavid - 84 points in '17-18
2) Henrik Sedin - 83, '09-10
T-3) Alex Ovechkin - 75, '07-08
T-3) Evgeni Malkin - 75, '11-12#Sabres

Reactions: Yatzhee

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I always defend eixuel from the Matthews homers but on pace means nothing to me. talk to me when he hits it

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

Yea, I see some very big differences between Jack and some other names throw in around like Mathews and Marner.
Jack is definitely, without question, the better all around player. He doesn't have the scoring support around him like them 2, but he is still excelling. Mathews and Eichel are on par, Marner not so much.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
He's good..not elite yet. Has he scored over 90 points? No, his previous high is 64 points. How does this make him elite? He's a kid..give him time and I'm sure he will be considered elite.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
He's good..not elite yet. Has he scored over 90 points? No, his previous high is 64 points. How does this make him elite? He's a kid..give him time and I'm sure he will be considered elite.
Hint: Maybe go look at games played each season !!
He has 159 points in his last 159 games.

These uneducated posts..... :help:

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
Could you imagine how upset Leaf fans will get if Eichel wins the Hart Trophy before Matthews does?

I have no preference between the two because they are both American. Doesn't matter to me which of the two is the 1C and which is the 2C for us in international competitions, but Eichel hate is almost entirely driven by Leaf fans trying to clear out the competition for Matthews.

Edit: Some of it also has to do with thinking Marner is 2OA in a 2015 re-draft.

To be fair Matthews team is too good for him to win the hart anytime soon. Eichel stands a better chance because if his team does well it’s mostly gonna be on his or dahlins back. The leafs have 3-4 players that can carry the team.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
In the last 160 after tonight ...he has 160z

216 in 241 career games.

I respect the backstrom and the girouxs and they are no doubt elite playmakers but maybe this is because I’m such a fan, but to me seeing someone so young NOT need a legit sniper produce regularly (see numbers above) it’s somehing else. Skinner is a sniper but again see above, he produced regardless....Also, I can’t believe how angry it makes people that someone posted something positive about Eichel.

I can’t count how many times on the first two Pages the usuals suspects who downplay anything positive and overblow anything negative have posted just to steer it into “so, who cares” so and so, why come in and post at all? You’d be better off not exposing yourself and ignoring thread.

Would you go into rantanen and marner threads saying the same thing about Eichel? Of course you wouldn’t.

And to the others who say “the problem is so and so said he was better then mcdavid!” So because a fool “allegedly” said he was better then mcdavid that’s stil a problem for you? Really? Three years later? Wow.

I’ve seen people call Matthews better then mcdavid, shall I hold a multiple year grudge against Matthews and and positives said about him based on this one persons “opinion”. There were comparisons about the two all draft so because one person might of suggested the possibility, it shouldn’t be that big of a concern.
The two have produced pretty similar this year anyway....not that I’m going to say he’s better or even on his tier.

yes its a long year, eichel's ppg could drop as well.

Don’t count on it.

He’s remained the same the last three seasons in the games he’s played 159 in his last 159 no matter who he has with him. (121 in his last 128 before skinner arrived.)

The guy generates multiple scoring chances by the period.

He leads the league in shots and is among the elite in transition and offensive zone possession.

Some act like this is new for him, it really isn’t....it’s just his team isn’t dead last and he’s more defensively responsible (and the new linemate kind of helps too) since becoming captain he really is becoming an all around player.

He always had elite offensive talent but now he’s putting it all together.

I always defend eixuel from the Matthews homers but on pace means nothing to me. talk to me when he hits it

It’s a good thing it isn’t just pace then, see above.

I was gonna say.

Rantanen went 8th in the same draft and is on pace for like 132 points.

There's Marner from the same draft as well pacing for 113 points.

He's a good player, but hes not getting attention because so many players have exploded in production this year and he isnt at the top of that list.

So, who’s saying he has to be the best player to have a thread like this, unless your purposely just trying to steer the conversation away from him andnon someone else like marner or rantanen who both get threads all the time.

Besides, rantanen is the leagues leading scorer. And has not only landeskog but Mackinnon. Not that he relies on them but both guys are said by everyone to be better then Eichel right now right? Well imagine how many points eichel would have if he got to play with a guy better then himself? He would have about as many pts as those two I had absolutely no doubt.

And Marner? He has Tavares...it’s no surprise his numbers jumped slightly but he doesent rely on JT, marner is an engine and fantastic but the point is he still has him.

Eichels never had a linemate who’s hit 60 pts, yet produces regardless. I’m not saying he’s better then all those guys I named but he’s as good as most of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad