So....that Jack Eichel is on pace for over 90 points...

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
He is a bloody stud.

Even as a Leaf fan I was waiting and expecting him to bust out like he has. Kid is uber talented.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I was a little skeptical of Eichel when he started playing. His defence was meh and he left some on the table in games. Man has he turned it around. He chases guys down with the puck, blocks shots, and even throws his body around every now and again on top of being juggernaut in the offensive zone. He will be a top star in this era with the way he's playing. So many talented kids playing now, it's unbelievable.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Skinner is an elite finisher, it isn’t all Jack.
Maybe they help each other a bit?

Skinner never played with talent like Jack before this season. And Jack never had a winger of Skinner's skills.

Skinner already has matched his entire totals for last year. No doubt Eichel is the main factor in his success.

This is why I always maintained Eichel as a balanced goal and playmaking Center is more valuable than a predominate Goal scoring Center.

Reactions: Shootica

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
He looks like a totally different player this season. The Sabres will be a fun team to watch in the playoffs.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Well, there's a reason he was drafted so high. He's finally living up to all of that potential; just has to stay consistent for a few seasons. I'm happy for Sabres fans. Eichel and Dahlin going forward. Man.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
7th in league scoring, 10th in PPG.....45 pts in 34 games. I'd say that's pretty
"generational". Some guys take longer to develop believe it or not. Doesn't help that he never had anyone on his line who could finish a tape-to-tape pass ever. Sabres fans weren't lying when we said this. We're a pretty honest, objective bunch.

Consider also that his shooting% is far below career average at 9.2.

He would be considered on Matthew's level or a McDavid light if he was putting the puck in the net sooner in the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atticus Finch

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Eichel is the only player in top 6 scoring shooting below his career shooting %. The fact hes near the top in Shots on goal that isnt insignificant. Hes brought it back a bunch this week, but he had been shooting half his average for the majority of the year.

Rantanen 17.6% Avg 15.8% +1.8
Mack 14.5% Avg 9.9% +4.6
McDavid 16.7% Avg 14.2% +2.5
Kucherov 15.9% Avg 14.4% +1.5%
Scheifele 23.6% Avg 15.8% +7.8 - Unsustainable by far

If Jack could put himself into that outlier +2% range for the year like everyone else seems to be he would have 18 goals and be on pace for 42. Hes finally getting the puck to go in and just seems to be taking control of the team. Hes a watch my effort and match it type of player this year.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Always liked Buffalo, mainly because they have the best jerseys in the league IMO. :D

Good to see they finally have their franchise C. Also, a likely franchise D coming up. Add the fact that the supporting cast doesn't look half bad either and there are good times ahead for sure..

Edit: Typo
Nah we need to go back to the classics to have the best jerseys....those were awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad