So... Let's talk Konecny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Boy oh boy, who could have guessed he'd start scoring as soon as he was saved from the 4th line?

giphy.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Boy oh boy, who could have guessed he'd start scoring as soon as he was saved from the 4th line?

giphy.gif

Lol on the broadcast today, Edzo and Pierre were fawning over Hakstol for knowing exactly when to move Konecny up from the bottom 6 and giving him credit for TK’s performance. Because he’s dealt with a lot of under and upper classmen and knows when to give them more responsibility.

I had to go to the ER afterwards and missed the rest of the game because my eyeballs got stuck mid-roll. They fixed one eye but the other is permanently damaged.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Lol on the broadcast today, Edzo and Pierre were fawning over Hakstol for knowing exactly when to move Konecny up from the bottom 6 and giving him credit for TK’s performance. Because he’s dealt with a lot of under and upper classmen and knows when to give them more responsibility.

I had to go to the ER afterwards and missed the rest of the game because my eyeballs got stuck mid-roll. They fixed one eye but the other is permanently damaged.
f***ing hell...

How is it that even some idiot like me on the internet has more common sense when it comes to hockey than people who have worked in hockey related jobs for LITERALLY DECADES?

I'm dumb as f*** and somehow these guys are even worse.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
With these versions of Giroux and Couturier, and his insane chemistry with the former especially, I have no doubt TK will be one of the best scoring ES players in the league over the next few years. And he’ll only get better and more well-rounded and help them more as they age.

Question to scoring upside just comes down to PP. Does he have a future PP1 spot? I’m not totally sure. Even on merit, don’t know. PP was never his forte. It’s the difference between potentially 55-60 points (with his 5v5 skill and assumed PP2 scoring) and 80.

Either way, give the kid his 6 year x $4.5 mil contract please, Ronald.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
TK is still a work in progress, and he admits it.
Today, brutal turnover in the 1st period, and after Mrazek saved his bacon, you could see him thanking his goalie for covering his butt on his mindfart.

The raw talent is exceptional, the key is him not turning out like Voracek, where his screw ups negate too many great plays. Rather, turn out like a more talented version of Giroux (he'll never be a playmaker like G, but is faster and more physical, rather, just develop the ice sense to cut out a lot of the bad plays).

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
****ing hell...

How is it that even some idiot like me on the internet has more common sense when it comes to hockey than people who have worked in hockey related jobs for LITERALLY DECADES?

I'm dumb as **** and somehow these guys are even worse.
You know what they say about opinions and assholes!

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I wish I could of kept Konecny in both of my fantasy leagues, but I traded him to help make my team better... and I had too many Flyers players on one of the teams :laugh:. Traded Konecny for William Karlsson (don't ask me why this happened) and then I flipped Karlsson for Evander Kane + 7th overall in a full keeper league. We're moving to shots next season, so Kane's points, shots and hits help a butt ton and the high pick is just very nice :).

But yeah, Konecny is so damn fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad