So does Toronto now have the best centers in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
And? if the pens top 2 is better than the leafs 4 combined...imaging adding the bottom 2 to Crosby/Malkin.
If we are talking about top 6 centers I'd say it goes... Pitts, Edmonton, Toronto, Washington

Top 9 I'd say Pitts, Toronto, Washington, Edmonton

That's Edmonton using Strome as a center and RNH as a winger.

Reactions: Smart Alek

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
All I’m saying is that Toronto has arguably the best centre depth in the league. It wouldn’t be absurd to say that Matthews-JT-Kadri could put up more offence than Crosby-Geno-Brassard this coming season.

Matthews-Tavares-Kadri is just drool worthy.

Inside the minds of millennials at 6pm. Only on hfboards, your #1 forum network.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
If we are talking about top 6 centers I'd say it goes... Pitts, Edmonton, Toronto, Washington

Top 9 I'd say Pitts, Toronto, Washington, Edmonton

That's Edmonton using Strome as a center and RNH as a winger.
WAIT so mcdavid - drai is also now better than Tavares Matthews ?? BAHAHA. I mean I knew Tavares would become trash after signing with the leafs but this is just golden stuff.

Reactions: ajpro20

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Easily still Pittsburgh.

Malkin and Crosby are two top 5 players.

Brassard is a 2C, Kadri is better but not by much.

Sheahan is a 3C playing 4C...doubt whomever the Leafs 4C is, is better than Sheahan.

Total offense is Tampa and Pittsburgh aswell. And maybe even Boston ahead of Toronto.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
WAIT so mcdavid - drai is also now better than Tavares Matthews ?? BAHAHA. I mean I knew Tavares would become trash after signing with the leafs but this is just golden stuff.
How is that calling Tavares trash?

McDavid and Draisaitl combined put up 178 points this year.

Tavares and Matthews last year put up a combined 147. Even if you say Matthews put up another 20 points in the games he pissed that's 167, still less.

Math is math.

McDavid is the best of the 4. Draisaitl is closer to Matthews and Tavares then either are to McDavid

Reactions: Frosty415

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Uh...yes? McDavid is the best player in the game. And Leon is a 70 point C. But Edmonton doesn't have a 3C anywhere near as good as Kadri.

So overall Toronto easily has a better C core. But going by just the top two Cs it's Edmonton because....McDavid.

Reactions: Frosty415

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Kuznetsov >> Matthews
Backstrom > Tavares
Eller = Kadri

I'm sure whoever is on their 4th line is better than Nic Dowd though

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018

Tavares and Matthews last year put up a combined 147. Even if you say Matthews put up another 20 points in the games he pissed that's 167, still less.

Math is math.

McDavid is the best of the 4. Draisaitl is closer to Matthews and Tavares then either are to McDavid
If they are so good why is edmonton such a dumpster ?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If they are so good why is edmonton such a dumpster ?
Because the rest of the team isn't?
Oilers have 2 great centers to build Around but the supporting cast is misbuilt. Have you not paid attention to outside your Toronto bubble?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Kuznetsov >> Matthews
Backstrom > Tavares
Eller = Kadri

I'm sure whoever is on their 4th line is better than Nic Dowd though

This is a joke right?

Kadri is much much better than Eller.

I'd take Matthews over Kuzy and Tavares over Backstrom.

islandersdynasty

May 26, 2018
Fairfax, VA
Pretty sure I didn't say HOF about him ever but whatever makes you happy. I'm a Canucks fan not a Leaf but happy for them they got better and have deepest forward group in league now. Defense needs work but I'm sure they are not done.

I didn’t say he was an average player. I’m just saying Leafs fans should temper their expections of him. He’ll help next year, then Matthews and Kadri’s rookie contracts will be up. Long-term it’s not sustainable to have all three of them.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Math is math.

And Strome, the 3C is still on a good team a 4th-3rd line tweener. The Oilers have two excellent top 2 Cs isn’t enough to get them into a debate about having good ventre depth. Because I’m that regard they don’t - they’re top heavy.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I didn’t say he was an average player. I’m just saying Leafs fans should temper their expections of him. He’ll help next year, then Matthews and Kadri’s rookie contracts will be up. Long-term it’s not sustainable to have all three of them.

Though Kadri will be older once his current contract is up - he may not be in a position to demand a significant raise. And who knows how much the cap will raise by then - ie with an incoming seattle expansion

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
And Strome, the 3C is still on a good team a 4th-3rd line tweener. The Oilers have two excellent top 2 Cs isn’t enough to get them into a debate about having good ventre depth. Because I’m that regard they don’t - they’re top heavy.
McDavid puts them over the edge imo. If they swing RNH to 3c then they are easily up there. All depends on deployment.

Top 6 center wise they are a clear second though

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I think the penguins got them beat but that's going to be a hard match up for any team now

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I agree not sustainable as I think Nylander gets moved either this off season or next for sure. They need cap to sign Mathews, Marner and a competent top 4 dman yet. See what happens .

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
People are underestimating Kadri here. Hes a 2C on most teams

BUT

Crosby+Malkin=>>Tavares+Matthews, so it depends how you view Kadri to Brassard (to be fair he was unhealthy last year, hes normally a 50+pt guy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad