So does Toronto now have the best centers in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigrigwilly43

Jan 18, 2018
Definitely still a healthy Pittsburgh and it's not even close. They are neck and neck with Washington I would say. Their overall forward depth is probably second to none though.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
boy do Leafs fans overrated Kadri....30 goal scorer? you think he's getting that kind of production playing on the 3rd line all season :laugh:

It means he gets to play against other third lines instead of their top ones. Easier competition leads to more scoring chances

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
There it is. Tavares is a question mark already. Haha love it ! How about the second part of my statement ? I want your hot take.

kadri will be getting less ice time next season so he may not even hit 30 goals next season.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
don't forget he will get less ice time

Maybe a bit but let's not forget his role under Babcock was a defensive one. I bet he'll still be out there against the other teams best lines, scoring against them. I would put money down that Leafs line 1, 2 and 3 will have almost identical ice times with the only question marks being on the PP units.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Let's take a look at what would happen if they all continued with their career-average production to date:

TOR - Matthews (75.17 points) + Tavares (76.17 points) + Kadri (52.59 points) = 203.93 points
PIT - Crosby (105.92 points) + Malkin (97.27 points) + Brassard (49.02 points) = 252.21 points

How about over the past 3 season?

TOR - Matthews (75.17 points) + Tavares (76.12 points) + Kadri (55.47 points) = 206.76 points
PIT - Crosby (91.00 points) + Malkin (94.90 points) + Brassard (50.33 points) = 236.23 points

And the past 2 seasons?

TOR - Matthews (75.17 points) + Tavares (77.36 points) + Kadri (58.72 points) = 211.25 points
PIT - Crosby (92.97 points) + Malkin (99.57 points) + Brassard (45.56 points) = 238.10 points

Your facts don't matter to my feelings. Leafs>Pens, what other team can match Matthews on the 3rd line?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It means he gets to play against other third lines instead of their top ones. Easier competition leads to more scoring chances

I doubt their shutdown C is the one who's going to be facing easier comp, at least at home. He'll be Babcocks matchup C. On the road everyone will focus on JT + Matthews.

BigBucketHolly

Apr 12, 2009
Alex is handsome
[mod]

After that, I think there's a legitamate argument for the Leafs. Personally, I place the Caps group next but its very close and alot depends on unknown factors:

1. Was Lars Eller's 2018 playoff performance an awakening he can maintain or a brief statistical anomally?

2. Who will be the Caps 4th center with Beagle gone to Vancouver?

2. How quickly and effectively will Tavares adjust to Toronto-- on the ice, in the locker room and with the media?

Regardless, great move for Leaf fans.

Sincere condolences to long suffering Islanders. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
in the future, as soon as next season, it does.
Dumbest argument I’ve seen. The leafs have the deepest center group in the league. This is a cold hard fact. No other team has a third line center anywhere close to kadri. He would be a number 1 on many teams.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Dumbest argument I’ve seen. The leafs have the deepest center group in the league. This is a cold hard fact. No other team has a third line center anywhere close to kadri. He would be a number 1 on many teams.

the leafs don't have the deepest center group in the league. that belongs to the penguins. who will be the leafs 4C? lindholm? he is not better than riley sheahan. he might be better than the caps 4C but their top-3 centers are better than the leafs top 3 centers.

as for your kadri comment, its quite absurd you think he would be a number 1 on many teams. just because he is a back-to-back 30 goal scorer, who may not repeat 30 goals next season, doesn't make him a 1C of many teams. the only teams he'd be a 1C on are carolina and montreal,

think before you make ridiculous claims

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
the leafs don't have the deepest center group in the league. that belongs to the penguins. who will be the leafs 4C? lindholm? he is not better than riley sheahan. he might be better than the caps 4C but their top-3 centers are better than the leafs top 3 centers.

as for your kadri comment, its quite absurd you think he would be a number 1 on many teams. just because he is a back-to-back 30 goal scorer, who may not repeat 30 goals next season, doesn't make him a 1C of many teams. the only teams he'd be a 1C on are carolina and montreal,

think before you make ridiculous claims
Answer my question, which team has a back to back 30 goal scorer as 3C ? Don’t twist it, don’t make some dumb remark. It’s a simple question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille