So does Toronto now have the best centers in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
boy do Leafs fans overrated Kadri....30 goal scorer? you think he's getting that kind of production playing on the 3rd line all season :laugh:

He was essentially a 3rd line C last year. He and Bozak had almost identical ice time, but Bozak got to play with Marner and JVR, while Kadri played with Brown and Komarov for most of the year. Not saying he's a lock to score 30 this season, but he can certainly do it again within the same role.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Kardi's a beautiful #3, but I'm not sure that offsets the difference in talent of Taveres/Matthews vs. Crosby/Malkin, Kuznetsov/Backstrom, McDavid/Draisaitl, Stamkos/Point/Johnson, and Kopitar/Carter. Each of those teams still have a centre (or two) who is a league above both Taveres and Matthews.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Kardi's a beautiful #3, but I'm not sure that offsets the difference in talent of Taveres/Matthews vs. Crosby/Malkin, Kuznetsov/Backstrom, McDavid/Draisaitl, Stamkos/Point/Johnson, and Kopitar/Carter. Each of those teams still have a centre (or two) who is a league above both Taveres and Matthews.

You could argue the first 3 pairs no problem, but C'mon on the bolded. You cant't tell em Point/Johnson or Carter are on the level of a Matthews.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Kuznetsov/Backstrom, McDavid/Draisaitl, Stamkos/Point/Johnson, and Kopitar/Carter. Each of those teams still have a centre (or two) who is a league above both Taveres and Matthews.

I think Crosby and Malkin are the only ones clearly better. Maybe the Caps duo, but after that I'm taking Tavares and Matthews over everyone else. Especially over the TB and LA ones. Carter is not what he once was, and TJ and Point are no where near the level of Tavares and Matthews

Reactions: BigBucketHolly

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I think Crosby and Malkin are the only ones clearly better. Maybe the Caps duo, but after that I'm taking Tavares and Matthews over everyone else. Especially over the TB and LA ones. Carter is not what he once was, and TJ and Point are no where near the level of Tavares and Matthews

You could argue the first 3 pairs no problem, but C'mon on the bolded. You cant't tell em Point/Johnson or Carter are on the level of a Matthews.

Ehh these two are fair points. Stamkos I think is a slight tier above Tavares, but Point and Johnson don't really hit that level. I'll take that one back.

Though McDavid can still outscore either of the Leafs by 20+ points, and Drai's more or less a PPG player too matching them, that one I will keep over the Leafs.

I'll hold my reservation on Carter. Admittedly I love him as a player, but Kopitar is a clear step above the Leafs duo.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Penguins
Kings
Leafs
Caps
Lightning
Oilers

Something like that for centers. Who cares we have Marner and Nylander on elc. Our forward group is top 5 and we have a legit netminder. We are contenders the power rankings don't matter.

Reactions: robertmac43

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
As a Leaf fan I think Penguins are the undisputed #1 in terms of centre. Toronto is a close 2nd.

We do have to take into account the fact that Malkin and Crosby have always played on the same team, which makes them both better. Matthews is a beast 5v5 and with Tavares on the team there is no telling how much better all 3 of them (Mattews, JT, Kadri) will get. Just a thought.

Reactions: robertmac43

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Let me know when Crosby, Malkin and brassard play a flight season together

Wtf is a “flight season”. I’m assuming you meant full season?

Considering they picked up Brassard at the trade deadline last year, this would be the first season where they could potentially play it all together.

Not really sure the point you are trying to make though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad