So does Toronto now have the best centers in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallArnoldSlick

Party Fowl
May 21, 2010
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Crosby and Malkin are not elite, they are generational talents playing on the same team. Defs #1 still but the Leafs are elite but still have room to grow

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Depends on how Matthews performs but yeah better than the Oilers now, but a lil behind the Penguins for at least this upcoming season. Tavares is an awesome player so no salt from me. Great signing for Toronto.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Malkin and Crosby, if healthy (big if), are #1. Matthews and Tavares pretty clearly come in at #2, followed by caps and oilers. The really amazing thing for leafs is the all around forward depth. Terrifying.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
If it's just the top two obviously it's Pens, but Kadri is so much better than Brassard that I think at worst it's a wash and with the unrealized potential of Matthews going forward I could easily see it being in Toronto's favour soon if not immediately.

But Leafs haters won't want to admit it.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think so, yeah. Best forwards in the league.

The D is the problem.

Mar 26, 2010
Yes, no question about it.

Anyone who says otherwise is just a petty Leaf hater.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
NHL should make up an award for this. Like the Jennings but for centers. It’s the only thing the Leafs will be winning.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Lol let’s pretend for a second Backstrom-Kuznetsov > Tavares- Matthews. I’m curious, who’s your third line center that’s better than back to back 30 goal man kadri ?
how is Backstrom-Kuznetsov > Tavares- Matthews false? tavares has yet to play a season with the leafs. god knows how he will preform

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Pittsburgh still has the best Centers since Crosby and Malkin are so far ahead of Tavares and Matthews. But that likely changes in the next year or two as Crosby/Malkin age and Matthews improves a little.

I dont know a better forward group than the Leafs.

There's literally a better forward group inside your own division...

EDIT: Forgot about the Caps. They're a bit ahead of the Leafs as well down the middle, though that one is extremely close. One thing that is becoming obvious is the Cup contending teams are loading up on #1Cs, pretty much all of them are running two #1 quality Centers at this point(Crosby/Malkin, Backstrom/Kuznetsov, Stamkos/Point, Tavares/Matthews)

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
There it is. Tavares is a question mark already. Haha love it ! How about the second part of my statement ? I want your hot take.
how is Backstrom-Kuznetsov > Tavares- Matthews false? tavares has yet to play a season with the leafs. god knows how he will preform
re

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->