So does Toronto now have the best centers in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
All I’m saying is that Toronto has arguably the best centre depth in the league.

But that wasn't what you said, you started your post with "easily", referring to the thread title that asks if Toronto has the best centers in the league.

I can live with arguably, although not sure how anyone passes on Sid/Geno/Brassard/Sheahan for anything out there.

Sid or Geno alone have a bigger trophy case than the Leafs centers combined.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Crosby + Malkin are all declining. Brassard is not that good anymore.

TBH: Crosby = Matthews, Malkin = Tavares, but Kadri >> Brassard

The leafs #3C kadri is MUCCCHHH better than Brassard

Reactions: Ulysses31

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
But that wasn't what you said, you started your post with "easily", referring to the thread title that asks if Toronto has the best centers in the league.

I can live with arguably, although not sure how anyone passes on Sid/Geno/Brassard/Sheahan for anything out there.

Sid or Geno alone have a bigger trophy case than the Leafs centers combined.

Cool story, but Matthews-Tavares-Kadri is on par with what the Penguins have. End of.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Crosby + Malkin are all declining. Brassard is not that good anymore.

TBH: Crosby = Matthews, Malkin = Tavares, but Kadri >> Brassard

The leafs #3C kadri is MUCCCHHH better than Brassard

There should be a penalty on this site for people that post dumb shit.

Malkin had 98 points last year. But he’s declining. Crosby had 89 points and that’s with a well below average year of goal scoring. But somehow he is declining.

Crosby and Malkin will begin to decline eventually. May be the Maple Leafs will have the best C’s in 3-4 years, but it certainly isn’t now.

Talking about 2 guys that are generational talents and have been to 4 SC finals and won 3 of them. It’s a slap in the face to put an = sign with Matthews and Tavares and frankly downright stupid.

I’d take Kadri over Brassard though.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Crosby has been ~1.1 points per game player for four years now. I don't see how he's that much better than Matthews, who is just incredible at 5vs5 with low ice time.

Lol

I typically like you as a poster too.

Funny

Reactions: radapex

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I would like some of whatever your smoking.

Yeah. I don't argue the third one (Kadri > Brassard). But the first two aren't even close. Crosby sucked (for him) the past few seasons and still managed to outscore Matthews by 20+ in each of them. And, I mean, Malkin's worst seasons are basically on bar with Tavares's best (right around 1 point-per-game).

SirGoose

honk honk
Jan 11, 2009
golf course
top 5

definitely not better than the caps edmonton or pitt. theyre likely better than philly's depth but giroux's the most proven of the bunch. florida's centers are strong too.

don't overrate jt91. barzal outscored jt and everyone of the leafs centers and it didn't do squat for them. and a lot of the "center depth" top-end you're comparing the leafs to have 1) already won cup(s) 2) are still making less money than jt91.

Reactions: Ippenator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad