So Babcock needs to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
LOL Marleau needs to be deBabcocked or go GudPro cold turkey.

I liked this:
I think it should be very obvious to everyone that Kasperi Kapanen should go down to the third line and one of Trevor Moore or Ilya Mikheyev should get a look with Tavares and Marner. That line has not looked great, and while it’s not Kapanen’s fault, he is the easiest player to replace on the line.

No, not to everyone apparently.

Kap didn't look good with AM either

Reactions: Duffman955

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Think they are just looking to ride it out until Hyman gets back.
Is there an eta on his return?
It doesn't mean you cant change things up but yeah, I'd agree with exactly what you said. Same/same until Hyman gets back.

I don't know what the future plans are but as soon as Hyman/Dermott come back and get some games, I'd start shopping Kap around. Don't really want to mess with the bottom 2 lines (and cheaper) and maybe we could get another D for Kapanen to ease the 3 UFA D coming next year. Then we can decide on keeping one of Muzzin/Barrie/Ceci for next season and add the Kapanen D return to the mix with Sandin/Lily.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Kap didn't look good with AM either
Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
why change Moore-Kerfoot-Mich
and it's no good to have 3+ mil Kapanen on the 4th. Odd man out. Get a D either for now or signed for a few years or recover your 1st round pick for Marleau.

Reactions: supermann_98

Ifittex il Verita

Sep 11, 2019
Think they are just looking to ride it out until Hyman gets back.
Is there an eta on his return?
I don't think it would be a terrible idea to try out the other options like Mik and Moore in the meantime.
Then again I also think that Hyman should go back with Matthews and Nylander, that's just me though.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't think it would be a terrible idea to try out the other options like Mik and Moore in the meantime.
Then again I also think that Hyman should go back with Matthews and Nylander, that's just me though.
I think theree are a few reasons why they don't.
Hyman shouldn't lose his spot because of injury.
3rd line is playing great, don't want to lose that.
Don't want to artificially inflate there Mikeyev's stats when he'll need to be re-signed.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I think that Kapanen is good when he has a playmaking center and where he is the scoring threat on his line. He's good at using his speed on the right wing to get space to put shots on net. I think he'll do well on the 3rd line with Kerfoot. He's not a good fit for the top two lines because he's not a good passer, he doesn't play well on the left side, and we want Matthews and Tavares shooting the puck instead of Kapanen. If he plays on the 3rd line, it will make that line a bigger scoring threat and someone else can play in the top 6 who can help get the puck to Tavares.

Reactions: Duffman955

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
why change Moore-Kerfoot-Mich
and it's no good to have 3+ mil Kapanen on the 4th. Odd man out. Get a D either for now or signed for a few years or recover your 1st round pick for Marleau.
A first round pick for Kapanen? I'm sure teams will be lining up for that one.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I suppose your right. Like for example the leafs throw one away to get rid of Marleau's last year of the deal. But I think the rest of the league values their first rounders more than Kapanen.

He scored 20 as a rookie, can PK, is one of the best skaters in the league, is signed to a few years at a low number, and is only 23. Leafs could get a late first for him easily.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Another game
Another goal in first few mins
Another game the team starts off trailing
Another game the team is not prepared

Fire this f***ing moron

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I am actually convinced the team doesn't give a shit about what he has to say.

I know he is not a bad coach, but if you look at his first year with the leafs, that team competed at the very least. These kids have tuned him out.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for the remainder of the year. If he can't get to the conference finals with a team this talented, this should be his final year.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
So it took him 7 games until he changed his top line which wasn't working....

Thank God this isn't the playoffs.

Can't help but think Babcock will take this long playoffs or not.

justanotherleafsfan

Oct 5, 2019
Heh.

What will you do once he’s gone and you still have 22 million dollars in John Tavares and Mitch Marner playing like jags?

Funny, they talked about this yesterday on the radio - as much as I’m not a Pierre McGuire fan, he nailed it. Many Leaf fans love their players unconditionally and won’t hold them accountable. It’s easier to blame the coach or the front office when your hero looks like a zero.

Freddy was terrible, the defense was terrible.... so let’s fire the coach. Great idea!
Yeah so jealous of a bottom feeder like the Wings and their cap room.

Now brag about your cups from over a decade ago and bury your head in the sand.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
You're crazy if you dont think a team would deal a late first for Kapanen. 3rd liners who play minor roles fetch that. Hes young, cheap and has upside. Hes also an elite skater.
Ryan Hartman is the only third liner with a minor role that I can think of that fetched a first. And that was a brutal trade.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Ryan Hartman is the only third liner with a minor role that I can think of that fetched a first. And that was a brutal trade.
You never know. A team like Edmonton is off to a hot start. What happens if they falter but are still within a few points of the playoffs? I don’t think they want McDavid to miss. Certain players could be valuable for a mid to late first. It depends on how bad someone wants it.

Reactions: Gary Nylund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad