So Babcock needs to go... (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Practice ( interviews today )
Babcock
“Still “ spewing that we are figuring out on how to play and win ...
How many times have you heard this since he’s been hired ?

View attachment 274033
How long has he been in the league, and he is still trying to figure out how to play and win? Well I guess since he is the only coach that has been in the league the last 7 years that has not won a single playoff round, I can see why. How long do we have to wait until he figures it out, another 7 years? More ? Christ this clown needs to go, and sooner the better.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I don't get how some people don't want Babs gone, to me even if you don't think he's the problem (or at least a major one) do you think he's a part of the solution??? Does anyone think he'll actually be the coach to lead us to the cup? The answer is very obviously no and we should look at other options

If after a coaching change the team looks the same then we look at dealing one of the core pieces, but first fire the coach and see the change in the club.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
How long has he been in the league, and he is still trying to figure out how to play and win? Well I guess since he is the only coach that has been in the league the last 7 years that has not won a single playoff round, I can see why. How long do we have to wait until he figures it out, another 7 years? More ? Christ this clown needs to go, and sooner the better.

Is that true? If so that’s embarrassing

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
All Babcock talks about is hard work!! How about developing a system that plays to your team's strengths and having players play smarter. Not demanding your players work their asses off to make up for your archaic system!!!

I honestly can’t believe I read this from an actual human being. You should be ashamed to have actually thought this was something that should be believed enough to post it.

“we shouldn’t demand that our players work hard! You’ll never get them to win that way!?”

WHAT?!? :laugh:

Reactions: egd27

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
I honestly can’t believe I read this from an actual human being. You should be ashamed to have actually thought this was something that should be believed enough to post it.

“we shouldn’t demand that our players work hard! You’ll never get them to win that way!?”

WHAT?!? :laugh:

You need to learn reading comprehension

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I totally agree with you , other than , and I’ll say it again ...
Babcock's
A good person
A good coach , not a great coach
A good coach for our first 4 years
Not the coach for us now
But I am sick if his bull and stubbornness

Go Leafs Go

Last edited:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
You need to learn reading comprehension

if your problem with Babs is that he wants a hard working group of guys, and that seems to be what you’re saying, basically saying “work smarter, not harder”, then you’re as lost as I made you out to be with my response. I understood you, but this isn’t a desk job or a warehouse job. Hard work is the way to winning Cups. Plain and simple

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I don't get how some people don't want Babs gone, to me even if you don't think he's the problem (or at least a major one) do you think he's a part of the solution??? Does anyone think he'll actually be the coach to lead us to the cup? The answer is very obviously no and we should look at other options

If after a coaching change the team looks the same then we look at dealing one of the core pieces, but first fire the coach and see the change in the club.
Firing the coach never worked in this city.

Never worked in 50 years.

The only times when the team improved was when new management was brought in. Sometimes they actually fixed things and improved the team, actually made them contenders a couple times.

How it fell apart was always the same. New management was brought in. They loss their grip on things, it begun to slide, and before you knew it, the Leafs were the laffs again.

Dubas is a joke.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

The only times when the team improved was when new management was brought in. Sometimes they actually fixed things and improved the team, actually made them contenders a couple times.

How it fell apart was always the same. New management was brought in. They loss their grip on things, it begun to slide, and before you knew it, the Leafs were the laffs again.

Dubas is a joke.

Uhh do you realize you completely contradicted yourself here?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Dubas is a joke.

Shoot we should bring Carlyle back. Maybe call up Ron Wilson and see what he's up to.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Uhh do you realize you completely contradicted yourself here?

Thing I always see them doing is lacking a vision of how to play the game. Establishing TML hockey. They get a manager that likes hard teams. They have a coach that like run and gun. They build the hard team and the run and gun coach can't do anything. They get soft players and create a hybrid team. The hybrid team doesnt work so well so they fire the coach. They hire a hard coach but the team has a lot of these soft players. It doesnt work for him either. They panic and make stupid deals fire the coach again and then repeat this process.

The whole problem is they can't decide on TML hockey. I have said this for years if you want you can search... Unified vision, template etc etc. I don't even care to watch this team playing like it is. Lucky for me I am a fresh new real Raps fan and learning more and more about the NBA every game.

Sadly, I know I am right about this, and smiles the GM has failed as I expected he would. Rogers/Bell should fire everyone top down and all consultants and everything in phases and run a small efficient army like Ottawa to start. Infact I would start by poaching Dorion, that dudes freaking smart as heck even on a shoestring budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad