So Babcock needs to go... (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Reminds me of all the Marner contract threads. So how many of these threads do we have before "it" actually happens? As with the Marner threads, it can't happen soon enough for me.

Viva part 2!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kerfoot and Mikheyev to start that OT was a head scratcher. But when you consider Kerfoot is the most reliable C this year it’s more a condemnation of our other centres.

Also, if we give Babcock hell for starting a small 5’10” forward, why has our GM and acquired the likes of Petan who are virtually useless?

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia

I just remembered this. He should stop watching the hunting channel and people's shoes and get up to date with today's strategies! Update or delete!!!

Reactions: Tlo1

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Kerfoot and Mikheyev to start that OT was a head scratcher. But when you consider Kerfoot is the most reliable C this year it’s more a condemnation of our other centres.

Also, if we give Babcock hell for starting a small 5’10” forward, why has our GM and acquired the likes of Petan who are virtually useless?

Is there anyone else besides Petan?

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
A lot of people recognized the situation at the end of last year. Babcock needed to be let go and replaced. It’s unfortunate we improved the roster just to keep him on and the team to have the same issues. It’s been a waste of time to be honest, the timing could not be worse to fire him now.

But, we’ve invested heavily into our roster. Not much manoeuvring can be done due to the cap situation. The only real significant change we can make at this point is to fire the coach. Get Keefe or someone else in, implement a new system that plays to our strengths, play our best players, put everyone in situations that they can excel in. We have to move forward instead of treading water with a coach that has shown no willingness to adapt.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
If the Leafs continue to play this sloppy for the month of November and Shanny & Doobie are still perplexed by the decisions the Chicken Boo makes then there is no reason not to fire it.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yeah. Carcone and Ennis also come to mind.

I liked Carcone. That guy had bite, kind of like what we are seeing out of Moore and Timashov this year. The opportunity was never going to be there for him on the Leafs though, so at least he gets a chance on a team where he may actually be able to make it some day.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Ok, I am willing to be patient. Let's see where things are around American Thanksgiving. They can't wait too long, though.

That's the timeline I'm thinking as well. Dubas didn't go All In with both Muzzin and Barrie only to watch Babcock f*** everything up for yet another season. If this team is hovering just above or below .500 in late November, then Dubas will definitely fire Babcock.

Reactions: supermann_98

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Babcock is a good coach, I don't think there is much debate on that and I like his ability to attract players to our organization

That being said I do question if he's the right guy to be coaching a team with a roster constructed like this and how good the communication is between Babcock and the players and Babcock and upper management

There does seem to be a disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad