So Babcock needs to go... (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Special teams is said to be all coaching and the Leafs at bottom third in the league what does that tell you.

5v5 play is said to be all coaching. And the Leafs are in the top third in the league what does that tell you?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The shocking truth....

Dubs and Babs are both fine.

But do carry on...

:popcorn:

They have some good qualities and some bad

For instance our special teams make me sad and every time a new RFA contract needs to be signed I hear the Jaws music in my head

It's fair to ask if Babcock is the right guy to be coaching this team with it's roster makeup, I'd wait until everybody gets back and the group has played together for a few months before I'd make a decision on that

Also if this roster construction doesn't end up working why shouldn't Dubas head be on the block? this is a results business so if you don't get results why should you keep your job?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
That's bull****!!! Get out of here with that garbage. Defensively the Leafs are a hot mess and offensively they generate zero pressure and only score based on talent not systems.

The Leafs are 5th in the NHL for 5v5 GF, and 6th in the NHL in 5v5 CF%...

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
All Babcock talks about is hard work!! How about developing a system that plays to your team's strengths and having players play smarter. Not demanding your players work their asses off to make up for your archaic system!!!

Please explain to us the following:
1) What is wrong with Babcock's System?
2) How can Babcock make his players play "smarter"?
3) Why is it bad for a coach to demand their players to work their asses off?

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
It's amazing how upset people are at a team 16 games in, playing on a 97 point pace, despite being down Muzzin, Tavares, Hyman and Dermott, mediocre goaltending, and already have played 3-4 back-to-back games, which are pretty much insta-losses across the league.

C'mon guys.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
It's amazing how upset people are at a team 16 games in, playing on a 97 point pace, despite being down Muzzin, Tavares, Hyman and Dermott, mediocre goaltending, and already have played 3-4 back-to-back games, which are pretty much insta-losses across the league.

C'mon guys.

My only problem with the team is they look like zombies out there for like 90% of the game. Just floating around out there not interested at all and when the puck comes to them then they finally seem a little engaged until the time comes where someone challenges them and they gotta battle for the puck and then they just go back to that I don't care attitude and could care less.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
So it doesn't matter that they give up the 8th most shots per game and 11th most goals per game????

I was responding your comments on their offensive issues.

So the Leafs are a top 5 offensive team, and their defensive woes still get them into the top 3rd IMO.

All the issues this team has is fixable, and Babcock is the man to do the job IMO. Our biggest issue is work ethic. Historically, this is was Babcock teams were known for. He'll get them to smarten up.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Please explain to us the following:
1) What is wrong with Babcock's System?
2) How can Babcock make his players play "smarter"?
3) Why is it bad for a coach to demand their players to work their asses off?

1) If you can't see the deficiencies in Babcock's system then I suggest you watch other NHL teams play and if it doesn't become clear then then it never will.
2) By developing a system that works to their talent so they don't have to think too much like other teams do
3) Because not all players are Zach Hyman and you'd never win with a team full of Hymans

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
I was responding your comments on their offensive issues.

So the Leafs are a top 5 offensive team, and their defensive woes still get them into the top 3rd IMO.

All the issues this team has is fixable, and Babcock is the man to do the job IMO. Our biggest issue is work ethic. Historically, this is was Babcock teams were known for. He'll get them to smarten up.

He's had 3 years what's change all of sudden????

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
1) If you can't see the deficiencies in Babcock's system then I suggest you watch other NHL teams play and if it doesn't become clear then then it never will.
2) By developing a system that works to their talent so they don't have to think too much like other teams do
3) Because not all players are Zach Hyman and you'd never win with a team full of Hymans

1) So you have no explanation?
2) What system do you propose?
3) So players shouldn't be demanded to work hard, because they aren't all Zach Hymans...?

:huh:

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He's had 3 years what's change all of sudden????

1) More pressure on kids to perform
2) Complacency from the Kids that got paid big money
3) None of our defense pairings played together prior to this season (at least, not in the NHL)
4) Tavares has been hurt half the season
5) Hyman and Dermott hurt for most of the season to date

I could keep going, but until you show effort in answering my questions, I won't put more effort in answering yours.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
3) None of our defense pairings played together prior to this season (at least, not in the NHL)

I could keep going, but until you show effort in answering my questions, I won't put more effort in answering yours.

We were fully healthy with consistent defense pairing last year and still looked bad.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge

Complacency? Get them engaged or bench them. Injuries didn't seem effect Boston last year. Look the bottom line is every player that comes to Toronto seem to be a shadow of their former selves except for Tavares there's a reason for that.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Complacency? Get them engaged or bench them. Injuries didn't seem effect Boston last year. Look the bottom line is every player that comes to Toronto seem to be a shadow of their former selves except for Tavares there's a reason for that.

LOL, this is complete bull.

Muzzin has done well
Kerfoot is thriving
Mikheyev is thriving
Rielly became a 73 point guy
Marner became a 94 point guy
Ceci is settling in nicely
Kapanen is thriving
Johnsson is playing good enough

Barrie looks to be a bad acquisition more than anything....

Babcock is doing a good job getting the most out of our players. We haven't got into our rythym yet this season, but we will... and when we will, we'll be a difficult team to beat.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Practice ( interviews today )
Babcock
“Still “ spewing that we are figuring out on how to play and win ...
How many times have you heard this since he’s been hired ?

upload_2019-11-6_14-51-28.gif

Last edited:

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I'm not doing your homework for you. Why don't you watch Vegas, Colorado and Boston play for starters and get back to me.

When I watch those teams I see players battling and working their asses off which opens up a lot of things for their offensive players to work with and scoring every way they can. I don't see that here and that's not a coaching issue. I do love when people bring up Boston and Cassidy as an example of a coach who gets the best out of his players when I saw a lot of Boston fans doing what I see in here with Babcock during that playoff series last year. Imagine players getting paid upwards of 11 million a year and we still try and make excuses and blame a coach for them looking like they could care less about the game or the team. I always thought when you get promoted in the workplace to where you're making that much money your workload doesn't get easier and you have to work harder, especially when you're a leader on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad