So Babcock needs to go... (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Don't think it's that easy..........they are writing cheques for 13M on LTIR also. No other GM's are going to help him to clear cap space, to get another goalie.....he has backed himself into a corner, unless he trades Me-lander?

Don't need to trade Nylander or any other key piece to fix the backup goalie all yo need is about 1 million maybe slightly more

Piece of shit being gone saves 700K by itself so you need to find 3-500K more

That's not hard

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Don't need to trade Nylander or any other key piece to fix the backup goalie all yo need is about 1 million maybe slightly more

Piece of **** being gone saves 700K by itself so you need to find 3-500K more

That's not hard

It is, we don't have any bad contracts to offload so if we make a move to get cap space somebody useful is getting moved, like Johnsson or Kapanen type useful

This is a gigantic cluster****

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
I’ve defended him in the past but he’s definitely not the right coach for this team anymore. He’s lost the players and his system doesn’t work for this team. He’s stuck in his ways and doesn’t make the obvious choices.

I get your goalie can’t play ever back to back but when your in the very fringe state we are in and need these points, starter always gets the first game hasn’t worked even once and he keeps going back to it, either double start Freddy or try mixing it up. Maybe a tired team may benefit from Freddy in net and a fresh team can lift Hutchinson to his first win. Regardless it boggles me that it hasn’t even once been tried with all straight loses on the board.

plus a handful of in game adjustments. Mainly the ones that bother me is that he prefers a soft game and that he makes players play a different way then they like. It’s almost like he makes them play the opposite of how they would be successful. Barrie declined hard here and Muzzin got soft

welcome to the Babcock must go club. Like yourself lots has done the same over the last year.

Reactions: Leafs87

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
LMAO. I went to bed right after the game and missed this gem. File this under the category of "you can't make this **** up".

Monsieur Dubas, how much longer must we suffer with this dinosaur behind the bench? Haven't we suffered enough already? I've already been suffering longer than you've been alive, please get rid of this guy. Please!!
I agree man, enough is enough, it will only get worse. 100% wrong coach for this team.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
This year was my last straw for Babcock. I was cautiously optimistic about Babcock this year I don't know why though? Has to be some blind faith as a Leafs fan and I think the new assistants were promising but even that looks like **** atm.

I thought Barrie would be such a great tool for him but he hasn't really used him effectively.

We're pretty much at 20-game mark and I am confident in saying Babcock hasn't learned or adapted to his ways. He's still the same, stubborn coach who picks out favourites too early. Chases matchups and gets in his own way, to be frank.

He hasn't instituted any sort of system in 3 years that can be translated annually. Every new season it seems like an adventure for the team to play in their own zone. With all this time how can their not be any fundamentals down? I won't accept roster turnover as an excuse.

He can't get through to any of the core guys, except maybe JT. He is still forcing the team to play his way. Outscoring teams is no longer accepted because they can't keep it out of their net.

What's his solution? Nip all the offense in the bud and focus on playing like the '95 Devils while solely relying on your 30 year old goalie to be perfect every start. Why? Because it's beautiful.

Atleast Devils had Stevens who laid brutal punishment constantly, and Nieds who knew what to do in the d-zone and o-zone.

Dubas needs to pack the zookeeper's bags. Enough already.

I was so disappointed that they did not fire Babcock after our last playoffs. How some people still think this is the right coach for this team, blows me away.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Don't think it's that easy..........they are writing cheques for 13M on LTIR also. No other GM's are going to help him to clear cap space, to get another goalie.....he has backed himself into a corner, unless he trades Me-lander?
The guy you call me-lander has been great this season. Stop with this silly nickname. It was bad before and it's bad now. If people are still using it, then you just hate the guy.

Reactions: LindrosLeafs88

JayDog17

Dec 23, 2014
The guy you call me-lander has been great this season. Stop with this silly nickname. It was bad before and it's bad now. If people are still using it, then you just hate the guy.
While I agree that Nylander has been playing better lately, I still say the same thing as when he was lighting it up at the last two worlds...Sell high. I just don't trust his give a shit meter. Use him to get Barrie's replacement.

ps. #FireBabcock

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Easy, easy...a sense of humour is somewhat required on these boards. He is their best chip, to use to actually improve the team, but hey...
Maybe a new coach would do the same thing?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It is, we don't have any bad contracts to offload so if we make a move to get cap space somebody useful is getting moved, like Johnsson or Kapanen type useful

This is a gigantic cluster****

I said this quite a while ago, they can play with less players.

11 forwards
7 defenders
2 keepers

Quality over quantity. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->