OT: Snow Storm!!!!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Did you have to go on the 417 today ? Was it a ****ing joke ?

I'm west of Ottawa, about 45 minutes away and all it does is snow right now.

On good days getting on the 417 off of Innis, or St. Laurent it would take almost an hour to get through that. Bad weather days took over an hour. I don't miss that **** one bit
I’m in Belarus right now so missing all the action.
You must be in Renfrew then?

Home in a few days and my guess is my kid did not shovel the driveway lol

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I’m in Belarus right now so missing all the action.
You must be in Renfrew then?

Home in a few days and my guess is my kid did not shovel the driveway lol

Nice. It stopped so, maybe your kid did.

I guess that 45 minutes was more of a dead giveaway than I thought. I just say 40-45 minutes west of Ottawa because no one has heard of Renfrew. Unless they watched the NBA finals, as an athletic trainer, or something for the Raptors is from here and thet mentioned that briefly.

Reactions: jaffy27

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Did you have to go on the 417 today ? Was it a ****ing joke ?

I'm west of Ottawa, about 45 minutes away and all it does is snow right now.

On good days getting on the 417 off of Innis, or St. Laurent it would take almost an hour to get through that. Bad weather days took over an hour. I don't miss that **** one bit
Wtf where are you. I'm 45 minutes north of Belleville and we only got squalls.

Edit: NVM saw you were in Renfrew. Cool little spot. Passed through there on my way to Lac des Loups couple weeks ago. Music store there is nice

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Nice. It stopped so, maybe your kid did.

I guess that 45 minutes was more of a dead giveaway than I thought. I just say 40-45 minutes west of Ottawa because no one has heard of Renfrew. Unless they watched the NBA finals, as an athletic trainer, or something for the Raptors is from here and thet mentioned that briefly.
I assure you, she didn’t lol

ya, I deer hunt in your backyard....probably a 20 min drive past the Eganville exit (the hilly one)

cool, I did not know the trainer was from your neck of the woods!!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Edit: NVM saw you were in Renfrew. Cool little spot. Passed through there on my way to Lac des Loups couple weeks ago.
You were on the edge of the band, that’s why you barely got nothing.

:45mins north of Belleville, man, that’s no mans land lol

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Here in Sorel, the situation is quite shitty. Stores closed. Lots of roads are not usable. They'll need the weekend to make some areas safe, especially on the country side of things, and it's not over yet, it stops snowing at like 10 or 11 tonight per Meteomedia and then we only have a day without snow before we're hit with 15-20 more CMs over many days next week.

Just came home from the Tim Hortons on the 132 near the junction towards Hi-30W in Tracy and it's very dangerous, stay home if you don't have to go out. Business was good at Tim's though, I've counted 3 snowblowers in the parking.

Shame there's no Habs on TV night, this is PERFECT hockey weather.

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
Has anyone noticed how mild this winter has been so far? I don't think it got down to -20 in Montreal yet this year.
I'm a carpenter and work outside most of the time and this year I've maybe put my big winter clothes about 5-6 times. We went in the -20's the first week of december but after that nothing close to that

Reactions: dinodebino

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I bet ya the fishing is good up there!!!!

that river system must yield some monsters!! Nice retirement area :thumbu:
Sure is. Problem is that I'm not retired and I'm more of a snowboard and MTB guy. Maybe the east coast or Alberta is in the cards...

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
East coast of Alberta is pretty flat....try the west coast of Alberta, mountains there are at their greatest!!!
Yeah for sure. I meant Maritimes ( where I'm from) or Alberta. Photography is another hobby I enjoy and theirs no better place than the Rockies. Heard Yukon is incredible too so maybe I'll check that out for my next vacation

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Well over a foot of snow (thank **** it's over), I'm 25 min ish south east of Orleans as @jaffy27 knows.

Not as hard on the back to shovel as wet/heavy snow, but there was a boat load out there. Husky dogs must be so happy in Ottawa tonight. :D

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
20200207_203726.jpg

Somewhere under there is my car.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Edit: NVM saw you were in Renfrew. Cool little spot. Passed through there on my way to Lac des Loups couple weeks ago. Music store there is nice

I don't know anything about music, but I always thought it was expensive to but anything, then again I haven't been in there in 10 years, maybe longer.

Also, like Bancroft, or more wildernessy?

I've been to Belleville a bunch of times. My buddy went to Loyalist there, so I would go down and party. It seemed like a nice, "big city" that isn't crappy yet if that makes sense

I assure you, she didn’t lol

ya, I deer hunt in your backyard....probably a 20 min drive past the Eganville exit (the hilly one)

cool, I did not know the trainer was from your neck of the woods!!

That's a nice spot to hunt. I surprisingly don't hunt given that there are hundreds of spots. Hell, my inlaws have 40 some acres of land that I could go hunt on if I really wanted, too.

I'm so un-Ottawa valley it isn't even funny.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah for sure. I meant Maritimes ( where I'm from) or Alberta. Photography is another hobby I enjoy and theirs no better place than the Rockies. Heard Yukon is incredible too so maybe I'll check that out for my next vacation
Yukon is the only place I haven’t been to in this country.....but be careful, most people who go there never come back on account of their love for the place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad