OT: Snow Storm!!!!

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Watch it all being rain instead..."la tempête" will be for another day.

It won't be all rain. From what I gathered, Montreal was a tough forecast, as per usual. There wio be snow, but the amounts will vary depending on the location.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
It's not going to be more dangerous for you and anyone else caught up in this snow storm... Also, it's a snow storm. This is Quebec. It happens. Every year.

I don't even know why they close schools when it's just/mostly snow... I LOVED going to school on snow days, recess and lunch times with my friends were the best. If anything they should just not give classes and let the kids play outside all day.

I never had a snow day in my life growing up in Sweden. I remember when I put on skis to get to school in 5th grade with the wind beating (that was fun). Then I moved to the US as an adult and had my first snow day for work in the greater D.C. area. My kids had many snow days in northern VA and Oregon. We lived in Utah (Park City) for a year and there were no snow days there either. In Portland OTOH with the worst drivers in the US I am worried mainly because I don't want to get hit by someone panicking and hitting the brakes. :)

Last edited:

kalessin

Jun 11, 2007
Barely a sprinkle compared to what I've experienced in central Siberia while visiting extended family on my mother's side back in 2010.

During the 10 days of my stay it snowed non-stop almost throughout. 4-6 feet of fresh snow each day. The difference was the dry continental air coupled with average temperatures of below -30C. Normal for that part of the world in winter. What that does is that it makes the snow extremely fluffy and light. It's like walking in powder. So even if the snow accumulation is almost to the roof of your house, you can still easily push the front door open and go outside.

Can't believe nobody called you out on this obviously bullshit post.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Would you mind explaining what in my OP is "bullshit" exactly?
4 to 6 feet of fresh snow each day on a 10 day trip???.....that’s 40 to 60ft of snow :laugh:

plus cold -30 air does not hold moisture, that’s how it works.

in the Arctic, in winter, it never snows, amazing eh, in -30/-40/-50, it just never snows , but you do gets lots of snow, the funny thing here is it comes in horizontally via wind, it never to a hint of rarely ever comes from cloud aloft.

maybe you meant inches instead of feet??

Reactions: kalessin

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
We got heavy snow here alright. @jaffy27 I just went from Hammond to Trim & Innes in Orleans, and back. 1h40 total. That was for dropping the little one at daycare.

I literally plowed Frank Kenny for other cars. Just under a full foot of heavy snow all throughout from Innes to Russell, only big trucks had dared go through before me I guess. Saw no other cars on the road, all trucks & SUVs.

It's not powder, and therefore you're literally swimming in the mix of snow/water/slush just under a foot high, it's not fun.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We got heavy snow here alright. @jaffy27 I just went from Hammond to Trim & Innes in Orleans, and back. 1h40 total. That was for dropping the little one at daycare.

I literally plowed Frank Kenny for other cars. Just under a full foot of heavy snow all throughout from Innes to Russell, only big trucks had dared go through before me I guess. Saw no other cars on the road, all trucks & SUVs.

It's not powder, and therefore you're literally swimming in the mix of snow/water/slush just under a foot high, it's not fun.
Darn rights we did!!.....it’s still coming down.....at one point it was snowing like it does in Whistler, snowflakes were like 3 inches in diameter.

Driving today is a shitshow unless you have 4x4, then you blowing by everyone lol

They plowing those backroads RoadHouse??

Reactions: Roadhouse

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Darn rights we did!!.....it’s still coming down.....at one point it was snowing like it does in Whistler, snowflakes were like 3 inches in diameter.

Driving today is a shitshow unless you have 4x4, then you blowing by everyone lol

They plowing those backroads RoadHouse??

Once in a while. I'd say Russell Rd got 2 passes on each side all day, maybe 1 on each side for Frank Kenny. Just re-did the round trip and got home a half hour ago, it's better than this morning but not by much. This morning southbound Frank Kenny got my heart racing at times - you know it's wide open over long spots and the Westerly winds were insane along with the rate of snowfall..... so zero visibility and 6 inches to a foot of packed snow was common thing there. The AWD G sedan with Michelin X-Ice's prevails agaaaaaaaaain!!!!! ...there's one Ford Escape that was following me on Innes where it's clear, and I must have lost him in about 20 seconds on Frank Kenny.

My lower back is completely broke due to shoveling here though. Big driveways in the country as you know, and with the job I need to keep in shape so I do it all with this. Building a fort on both sides of the driveway.

0123297_L.jpg

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Once in a while. I'd say Russell Rd got 2 passes on each side all day, maybe 1 on each side for Frank Kenny. Just re-did the round trip and got home a half hour ago, it's better than this morning but not by much. This morning southbound Frank Kenny got my heart racing at times - you know it's wide open over long spots and the Westerly winds were insane along with the rate of snowfall..... so zero visibility and 6 inches to a foot of packed snow was common thing there. The AWD G sedan with Michelin X-Ice's prevails agaaaaaaaaain!!!!! ...there's one Ford Escape that was following me on Innes where it's clear, and I must have lost him in about 20 seconds on Frank Kenny.

My lower back is completely broke due to shoveling here though. Big driveways in the country as you know, and with the job I need to keep in shape so I do it all with this. Building a fort on both sides of the driveway.

0123297_L.jpg
Awesome!!! :laugh:

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
What jaffy said bud.

It didn't snow 4-6 feet a day for ten days. Either you're misremembering or you're making shit up but it makes no sense.
Absolute bullshit :laugh:
According to his numbers, that would be between 40 and 60 feet of snow over a period of 10 days. The record for a month is 32.5 feet in January 1911.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
I hear you. when I was young, I had to walk to school. rain, snow or shine. 10 km up a hill all the way. both ways.
Your dad lived up the mountain, and mom lived down in the valley, the school was in the middle, but you’re mom made your lunch. I get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad