Pre-Game Talk: Smashville @ Avs Wednesday 7:30 MST - Shoulda picked Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
A chant to start the game would be nice.

Though a chant at any time is a rarity.

Honestly, the only chants I ever hear at Avs games are "GO WINGS GO! GO WINGS GO"

It's pathetic and we have some of the worst home support in the league, but I won't get into that subject now.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I'm not one to prognosticate, or put much into it, but lately I've had a feeling of this team being invincible, where getting the win comes as a matter of course. Not tonight. I've got the heebie-jeebies on this one.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Just read the Pred GDT.

Guys, I think we suck......

Half the comments say we are going to get destroyed, one fourth are random comments about goalies or lines, and one fourth think we'll win or can win. No one thinks the Avs suck; worst part about this is that one of my best friends is an Avs fan and he will be a pain in the ass for the next week if we lose.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Half the comments say we are going to get destroyed, one fourth are random comments about goalies or lines, and one fourth think we'll win or can win. No one thinks the Avs suck; worst part about this is that one of my best friends is an Avs fan and he will be a pain in the ass for the next week if we lose.

That's the worst. Being from Illinois, I'm surrounded by Blackhawks fans, but I am still friends with a variety of hockey fans. But I am having a hard time gloating to them about a win based on how we have been the last several years.

I don't want to become "that" fan haha

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Preds 5-1

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
That's the worst. Being from Illinois, I'm surrounded by Blackhawks fans, but I am still friends with a variety of hockey fans. But I am having a hard time gloating to them about a win based on how we have been the last several years.

I don't want to become "that" fan haha

I know the feeling. All the bars around my apt will have the Hawks game on, so I'll be watching on gamecenter.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
It is simply impossible to be sarcastic with the ":sarcasm:" face.

I just feel like I overuse it. Oh well.

Not predicting who wins, but I think this game goes to OT.

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
Not sure where to put this but..

Not much "shoulda drafted Huberdeau" talk in recent weeks is it? Hubby has just 3 goals and 4 assists this season. That's not good. Not even on the Panthers.

Huberdeau has to face the West more. Something like 95% of his points last year were against Washington and non-playoff teams. Having to face the west means less games spent beating up the weaker teams in the East. Some will say sophomore slump but its more a case of the quality of opponents Florida faces has greatly improved.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Friedman's 30 thoughts is a great read and always seems to contain alot of Avs thoughts for whatever read.

3. Here's a snippet of why the Avalanche are playing so well. With 14:37 to go in the second period of Saturday's 4-1 win over the Montreal Canadiens, Avalanche defenceman Ryan Wilson leads the rush. Watch how Ryan O'Reilly covers for him at the blue-line when Wilson is cut off. PA Parenteau sees O'Reilly chase the play, so he waits to make sure he's above the puck in case of a turnover. O'Reilly forces a quick pass, which Wilson intercepts. If he'd missed it, Parenteau was in position to cover. It all results in a Canadiens penalty. That is "playing the system," as Malhotra said.

For those interested in the article:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...malholtra-makes-triumphant-return-to-nhl.html

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
What a joke their GDT is. Sure, we are not a two way team and only win because of our goalies. For sure we are going to lose this game

But at least they have a GDT

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
What a joke their GDT is. Sure, we are not a two way team and only win because of our goalies. For sure we are going to lose this game

But at least they have a GDT

Someone make one, if tdpeterson shows up it can be merged. Or a mod can change the title on this one. Just feels wrong not to have an official one. Bush league lol

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Should be a good one, Avs squeak out a 4-3 win. Avs goals from Landy (2), Stastny, PAP. Nash goals from Hornqvist, Weber, Forsberg.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
I just think it's funny that we allow an absurd amount of shots and therefore suck defensively when we only allow two more per game

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think Avs will get a PP goal today. They've had a few days to works on it. I can't imagine Roy being happy with the lack of good shots on the PP.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I had us getting a tough game in Dallas, now I feel expectation of a huge win. 7 goal night where we see some great highlights! Like several guys exploding with 2 goal nights. We certainly have the offensive talent for a big win. Funny hearing the detractors, sour grapes?

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
Friedman's 30 thoughts is a great read and always seems to contain alot of Avs thoughts for whatever read.

3. Here's a snippet of why the Avalanche are playing so well. With 14:37 to go in the second period of Saturday's 4-1 win over the Montreal Canadiens, Avalanche defenceman Ryan Wilson leads the rush. Watch how Ryan O'Reilly covers for him at the blue-line when Wilson is cut off. PA Parenteau sees O'Reilly chase the play, so he waits to make sure he's above the puck in case of a turnover. O'Reilly forces a quick pass, which Wilson intercepts. If he'd missed it, Parenteau was in position to cover. It all results in a Canadiens penalty. That is "playing the system," as Malhotra said.

For those interested in the article:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...malholtra-makes-triumphant-return-to-nhl.html

It's great. A lot of people are surprised by all of this. The Avs have extremely smart players, and have had them for some time. Doesn't matter that they're young, they're all fairly cerebral players that can follow a system (They've been doing it for years now) and Patty Roy has a system in place. I was never expecting a start this good, but I was expecting to be right there in the playoff race all year.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
We need to get a body in front of the net on the PP.

A lot of Preds fans say that Hutton has a hard time controlling rebounds, so get somebody in front to put some of those home.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
We need to get a body in front of the net on the PP.

A lot of Preds fans say that Hutton has a hard time controlling rebounds, so get somebody in front to put some of those home.

Thats not the problem. The problem is the passing to an open guy to get a shot. They forget how to pass every time they are on the power play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad