Pre-Game Talk: Smashville @ Avs Wednesday 7:30 MST - Shoulda picked Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Expecting Tangs to be out for a while. We have to recalibrate the Viking to only demolish the other team's players.

I'm guessing Varly gets the start?

McGinn should be back, but still don't have a good feeling about this one.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I had a dream that Tanguay was out for a long time (like season ending *crosses fingers it's not true*) and that we signed Hejduk for the rest of the year, and he had a decent year.

Wouldn't be too bad to see what Milan could do with Roy as his coach

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I had a dream that Tanguay was out for a long time (like season ending *crosses fingers it's not true*) and that we signed Hejduk for the rest of the year, and he had a decent year.

Better option than Mitchell with Mackinnon for sure

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Better option than Mitchell with Mackinnon for sure

If Tanguay is out for a while, I would be hesitant to move MacKinnon from his natural Center position, and I definitely don't think that Mitchell should be on a scoring line at all, especially with Lando and Stastny

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't know about Hejduk, I think it's best just to move forward. Youth, speed and aggressiveness is the team's identity. We have enough of the nostalgia on this team, it's not a good idea to add more.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
If Tanguay is out for a while, I would be hesitant to move MacKinnon from his natural Center position, and I definitely don't think that Mitchell should be on a scoring line at all, especially with Lando and Stastny

Agreed, Mitchell is just too selfish. I kinda hope he leaves after this season so we can bring in someone who can PASS the puck.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
If Tanguay is out for a while, and with the trade of Downie, I think we'll go to a more traditional 2 scoring lines, a shutdown line, and a fourth line.

I'd go

Radar-Duchene-PAP
Landy-Stastny-MacKinnon
McGinn-Mitchell-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."

Aristotle

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Yeah, I was kind of hoping we'd sign him in the offseason as a 13th forward. I know that role is beneath a player that's had the career he has had, but it should would be nice to have him right now. I'd definitely rather have him next to MacKinnon than Mitchell.

failedsaucerpass

Dec 4, 2007
Duchene with 48 shots on goal and Lando isn't far behind with 42 in the season. Didn't even realise he had so many.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Ginner back in, but with Tangs out, we won't get to see McG-MacK-Max yet. Hoping Mitchell passes him the puck once or twice all game.

We will win this game.

I'll go 4-2 Avalanche.

member 116861

We really should've picked Jones. Oh well, at least we have Mitchell so I can't be too sad.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Duchene with 48 shots on goal and Lando isn't far behind with 42 in the season. Didn't even realise he had so many.

Who, Duchene? 8 shots against Dallas helps in that department. Something that he's commented on several times but never brought up is that he's concentrating on becoming more of a goal scorer. He said he talked to Sakic about it too.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
We really should've picked Jones. Oh well, at least we have Mitchell so I can't be too sad.

my take on the jones mack scenario is, id rather have a top 5 forward in the league than a top 5 d man any day. ex. stamkos over weber and you can substitute any defenseman in the league with weber and I still take the forward.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is going to be really hard to say if we should have picked Jones or MacKinnon. Both are going to be excellent players for a long time.

IMO the Avs' pick is going to be evaluated on external factors rather than on Jones vs MacKinnon. By this I mean if the Avs defense really continues to suck and never gets better, people are always going to say "Should have drafted Jones." But if EJ establishes himself as a #1 and/or Bigras ends up a top pairing defensemen, people will think that MacKinnon was the correct pick.

All I can really say is that if Bigras can end up as a top pairing defensemen (really big assumption), the Avs made the right call. This is simply because the difference between Bigras and Jones would be less than the difference between MacKinnon than say De La Rose/Dauphin/etc. I think the odds are that either one could have been the right pick at #1, and really Barkov could have been thrown in that group as well.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
It is going to be really hard to say if we should have picked Jones or MacKinnon. Both are going to be excellent players for a long time.

IMO the Avs' pick is going to be evaluated on external factors rather than on Jones vs MacKinnon. By this I mean if the Avs defense really continues to suck and never gets better, people are always going to say "Should have drafted Jones." But if EJ establishes himself as a #1 and/or Bigras ends up a top pairing defensemen, people will think that MacKinnon was the correct pick.

All I can really say is that if Bigras can end up as a top pairing defensemen (really big assumption), the Avs made the right call. This is simply because the difference between Bigras and Jones would be less than the difference between MacKinnon than say De La Rose/Dauphin/etc. I think the odds are that either one could have been the right pick at #1, and really Barkov could have been thrown in that group as well.

I was just trolling :sarcasm:

failedsaucerpass

Dec 4, 2007
Who, Duchene? 8 shots against Dallas helps in that department. Something that he's commented on several times but never brought up is that he's concentrating on becoming more of a goal scorer. He said he talked to Sakic about it too.

Landeskog. edit: I guess playing with Stastny and Tanger someone actually needs to shoot the puck :D

Duchene was a given.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
Tangs not at practice, chambers promises update later

Expected. I think he'll be out at least a couple weeks. Please please please let the MRI not show anything serious

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Come at me bro!

No Benoit at practice. If he ends up not playing on Wednesday, wonder if Holden will get the nod over Barrie?

You don't want any part of me...

This was me at age 3:

COME_f47669_1952557.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->