Post-Game Talk: small penised poodle in a park of Dobermans

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Boston cashed in on their chances, Rangers didn't and they had plenty.

Agree that even with the shitty way they play, there are enough chances almost every game for them to win. In the post-game show, Vally called them out on their shooting. He skimmed the line on flat-out saying they suck at shooting.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Oh im not saying to fire him now. Bc it wont change anything this season. A new coach wont be implementing a system anyway this late in the year.

But he should be fired basically no matter what at end of season. I dont care if we get to ECF or even SCF with him. He is an idiot who doesnt maximize anybody’s potential. Its clear as day why florida and vegas got rid of him so fast while having good teams. He is not a coach that u win because of.

Yeah I've been sayin all year that of all the team's to break through and finally get Gallant a Cup, is this really the one? They are talented enough to be jockeying with the Canes for 1st in the Metro but they are far too inconsistent in game and are extremely emotionless on the ice.

Reactions: Ruggs225

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Agree that even with the shitty way they play, there are enough chances almost every game for them to win. In the post-game show, Vally called them out on their shooting. He skimmed the line on flat-out saying they suck at shooting.
Too many bad shots, passed up shots, late shots, you name it. Boston is way more decisive when they get into the offensive zone. Come in over the blue line, one pass, the next play is the puck on net.

Deleted member 23124

It's reaching AV levels with how repetitive we look game in and game out. At the end of AV's tenure, the team played almost the exact useless game every time, like it was a simulation.

It was mentioned last night. The guys in Boston want to be coached. I don't think the core here wants to be coached and it is not coachable even if they want to be.
I don't think it's a case of them not wanting to be coached.....it's just a case of plain pigheadedness. They've had success throughout their careers doing things "their way" and nothing will convince them otherwise. And the fact that management knew this and still saddled themselves the way they have is pure insanity (although I think a lot of the blame for this has to be placed on Dolan's shoulders). That's why I believe that a new coach won't make any difference whatsoever.

Reactions: will1066

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Too many bad shots, passed up shots, late shots, you name it. Boston is way more decisive when they get into the offensive zone. Come in over the blue line, one pass, the next play is the puck on net.
Boston also plays as a team and knows exactly where to be on the ice and where their teammates are. So does the devils.

They play in a system. Its a wonderful concept that works. Unfortunately gallant doesnt understand how to implement one other than dump puck deep and pray we can skate to it before defender.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Boston also plays as a team and knows exactly where to be on the ice and where their teammates are. So does the devils.

They play in a system. Its a wonderful concept that works. Unfortunately gallant doesnt understand how to implement one other than dump puck deep and pray we can skate to it before defender.
They couldn't get through the neutral zone at all last night. Had they dumped the puck in instead of trying stupid cross ice passes they would have had better luck because they were actually able to cycle and generate chances down low most of the night.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Imagine practicing it for a bit? you know, to improve

the entire teams puck skills is dog shit. Feels like the worst in the league, relative to actual talent level

They couldn't get through the neutral zone at all last night. Had they dumped the puck in instead of trying stupid cross ice passes they would have had better luck because they were actually able to cycle and generate chances down low most of the night.
Yeah, we could have cycled for a minute and get some weak muffin unscreened shot to be the exclamation point of the possession.

I'm jaded.

FULL CISED

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
First off, props to Boston. Not having seen much of them this year, I was curious to see if they were as good as advertised. They certainly are. What continues to amaze me is that this is a team I thought was beyond their contending window, a team with an aging core. And yet, here they are, the best team in the league. I still have some doubts about whether they will, with their aging core, be able to sustain this level for an entire season and how they will perform come playoff time. It would not surprise me to see them be upset in the first round nor would it surprise me to see them roll all the way to a Cup.

That first, quick goal last night was a killer (not that we started out all the great). Yes, it was only one goal but against the Bruins one goal is a lot, it seemed we were chasing the game from that point on.

I was annoyed with the lack of intensity the team showed after mentally gearing themselves up for the game for days.

This remains one of the worst shooting teams I have ever seen and I have been a Ranger fan for 60+ years. I'm particularly upset with Panarin (and I've always been a defender of him). It seems obviously that he has lost a split second of reaction time. Many star players are forced, when on the wrong side of 30, to adapt their game to their evolving (or devolving?) skill set. Panarin has yet to do that and unless he does, he will become a liability.

Like many, I was nonplussed when Kravtsov was moved to the 4th line. Really? Why? Beats me.

In big games, the accepted "mantra" is your best players need to rise to the occasion. Ours did not: Fox, Zib (despite what some have said, I don't think he had a particularly strong game), Kreider (maybe he wasn't yet ready to return) and Panarin.

Despite their recent hot stretch, this team still feels out of sync, like they are missing one piece to make everything fall into place. Sam and Joe mentioned last night how Krejci's return served to let all the Bruin's pieces slot where they needed to be. The Rangers are missing that piece and I just don't see how the Rangers could acquire such a piece or even who that piece is.

Bottom line is that last night was a big test and we failed it. Upsetting and disheartening for sure.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY

They always dump and chase. We never carry the puck in like successful teams. Its because ourt guys just stand at blueline. And we always have to skate backwards first to “regroup” eith out actually regrouping.

We never go up the ice together.

Look at boston or njd. They always basically go forward. Quick passes. Moving together as a unit. Watch us. We dont do any of that. Ever. Last night was not an aberration. Its how we always play.

Its like when we receive a pass. We never just shoot off the pass but rather wait a second or two. And then shoot. We as a team are so out of synch it isnt even funny.

And that is on the coach. And we basically were most of last year as well but had shesty standing on his head.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We will not win with this coaching staff.

We can argue roster makeup but I'm 99.99% certain we can't win four 7game series with this coaching.... and that's the ultimate point.

Pretending and hoping is futile.

Reactions: CLW

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Listened to Maloney on the radio last night and he said something like 'The Bruins stars led the charge and thats the difference here folks'

Definitely seemed to poke at our high paid stars not doing enough and I think we can all agree

P.s. Maloney is obviously biased but I love his passion he talks with, I enjoy listening to him

Maloney talks like he has CTE but he knows puck

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
They always dump and chase. We never carry the puck in like successful teams. Its because ourt guys just stand at blueline. And we always have to skate backwards first to “regroup” eith out actually regrouping.

Look at boston or njd. They always basically go forward. Quick passes. Moving together as a unit. Watch us. We dont do any of that. Ever. Last night was not an aberration. Its how we always play.

Its like when we receive a pass. We never just shoot off the pass but rather wait a second or two. And then shoot. We as a team are so out of synch it isnt even funny.

And that is on the coach. And we basically were most of last year as well but had shesty standing on his head.
They don't always dump and chase. Stop. And they didn't last night when they actually should have. They were making boneheaded plays in the NZ and at the blueline. It was lazy hockey. And all three coaches were on the bench yelling to get pucks deep all night long. The few times they did, they had their best sustained pressure.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

We never do anything together, We do not play as a team. We don't defend or backcheck as a team. We do not transition as a team. We do not attack as a team. We're not a team. We're a collection of individuals

All top clubs have the same thing in common. They work as a unit, move as one. They understand and execute the gameplan. We're so disorganized and out of sync. We're not in that tier... and I do not see us entering that tier.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
They don't always dump and chase. Stop. And they didn't last night when they actually should have. They were making boneheaded plays in the NZ and at the blueline. It was lazy hockey. And all three coaches were on the bench yelling to get pucks deep all night long. The few times they did, they had their best sustained pressure.
Your right. Usually we just dump and dont even bother the chase part.

But seriously, most times all we do is just chip in the puck. This team is definitely towards the bottom in skating the puck in.

And when we did have sustained pressure, we didnt really get good scoring chances. Teams get their best chances usually off the rush. And to do that u need to skate in the puck not just chip in deep. When we do our cycle, we are super easy to defend against.

Again look at boston and NJD and basically anybody that plays against us. They skate in the puck. We play pre lockout hockey, and not even well.

We have too much standing and confusion out there. And we are allergic to the middle of the ice.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm starting to think another letter should be sent out to us, something like.......

We are soon going to enter "PHASE TWO" of the rebuild. We are going to trade off some very popular (Zibanejad) unpopular, (Panarin) unappreciated (Goodrow) and very lame (Blais) players to acquire much needed assets, so that we can accept those assets and in turn RUIN them, like we did Laffy, Chytil and Kaapo.

We apologize, that we have wasted another 4 years of your life.
Yep.
Also it's like last years playoff never occured with the really fun to watch play of Lafreniere, Kakko and Chytil. How could they go from having some really really bright spots against tough opponents/moments to this? I know Chytil and Kakko have played ok but I watch a play that Dylan Cozens made in overtime last night and say "I haven't seen that kind of play once from any of these 4 kids (kravy included) this year.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Boston is a BIG hockey team, i mean line after line they come at you. they also have high end talent that buys into a team game. something we do not have (panarin)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Listened to Maloney on the radio last night and he said something like 'The Bruins stars led the charge and thats the difference here folks'

Definitely seemed to poke at our high paid stars not doing enough and I think we can all agree

P.s. Maloney is obviously biased but I love his passion he talks with, I enjoy listening to him
Unfortunately our paid stars can't hold a candlle to Marchand and Bergeron (with exception of Fox of course). They are almost as old as me and they bring it every single night. Didn't Marchand come off of serious hip surgery? WTF? Boys vs men like Dave Maloney said.
I hope one day we can draft someone like Bergeron.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

It's the truth.

Panarin actually finishes once or twice? Shesterkin doesn't let up shots he normally stops

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
Also while Kravtsov is the ultimate what ever player, how about demoting the player who actually deserves it (Panarin) to the 4th line instead?

I really wonder what the f*** he needs to do in order to get dropped?
bread to the 4th line? dude that's insane!!!! also might be genius. put him on 4th line for 3-4 shifts to send a message or two across. then reinstall him back to the usual spot to see how he responds.

the other insane idea is maybe even make him a healthy scratch to show GG is not screwing around anymore.

Deleted member 23124

bread to the 4th line? dude that's insane!!!! also might be genius. put him on 4th line for 3-4 shifts to send a message or two across. then reinstall him back to the usual spot to see how he responds.

the other insane idea is maybe even make him a healthy scratch to show GG is not screwing around anymore.
I would definitely consider a night in the press box over demotion to 4th line.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
PP1 has to change. It has to. You can talk about players needing to earn their PP time, but when it is not successful, you have to give other players opportunities.

There should be only 1 player that is guaranteed to be on PP1 and that is Fox. Every other player should be up for discussion. As it is right now, it's just their most expensive players. Mix it up. It's time to put Panarin on PP2 and balance the minutes.

PP1 can use a left shot on the right halfwall, and PP2 can use a right shot on the left halfwall. Panarin is a facilitator, but he can shoot. Why not pair him with more lefties and put him on his normal spot on LW? Give him Chytil (bumper) and Lafreniere (right halfwall). Both have good shots, let them be used. Trocheck as a net front and Miller at the top. This gives Panarin ideal outlets when he controls the puck.

Mika needs passers to get him his shot, but also need to be shot threats. Kakko on the right halfwall, Fox up high. We all know what Fox can do. Kakko has been a very good passer, let him use that tool. Kreider as the net front. The question there becomes who is the bumper. Krav is an option, but he goes to the dog house too much and doesn't shoot enough for me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia