Post-Game Talk: small penised poodle in a park of Dobermans

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Yea but what if it's not muffins? And instead the shots are blistering 99% expected goals but the goalie drank the pre-MSG game Steroid Shake that every goalie fcking drinks before they play us and they are now ULTRA into the game rather than soft-muffin into the game? What then?
The league should look into this. It's cheating, plain and simple.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
You know in the movies, how the biker gang does circles around the people they wanna scare, a few times? That's the Rangers. Then when they finally make a move, it's a nothingburger muffin shot. Per Vally in the post-game, when you get good chances, especially early, and shoot muffins, you not only don't score, you get the goalie into the game. No one breaks the circle formation to attempt to get inside.
I’m picturing the scene from Grease 2, forgive me. Except the mysterious biker dude isn’t Michael it’s Kakko. “What wouuuuld they do if they knew it was Kaaappo”

If you don’t get it watch the scene

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
You know in the movies, how the biker gang does circles around the people they wanna scare, a few times? That's the Rangers. Then when they finally make a move, it's a nothingburger muffin shot. Per Vally in the post-game, when you get good chances, especially early, and shoot muffins, you not only don't score, you get the goalie into the game. No one breaks the circle formation to attempt to get inside.

At least 4 different players had the puck in the high slot with room last night and dumped it off for a wet noodle shot that Swayman could've stopped with his eyes closed. Lafreniere, Lindgren, Panarin, etc. Maybe try shooting for a rebound and having the other guys crash the net? That might cause someone to break a nail though, we cant have that :sarcasm:

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Its a little nuts how much of a meltdown the Bruins have caused on HFNYR considering they are 14-0-0 against the Metro division lmao. Insane. We have issues but we're a good team that ran into a buzzsaw

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Trocheck has one point--an assist in his last 8 games. There is no chemistry between him and Panarin that I can see and FWIW Kravtsov pretty much is floating around. I'm not happy with anyone on that line. We hear all the time how Laf is slumping--nothing about Trocheck. I like Chytil's line whoever he's playing with much better. Both Panarin and Trocheck are underperforming their contracts and not by a little.

That said I agree that the Rangers were very competitive and Igor gave up a weak one in the 3rd. The caveat kind of though is we got out of the gate slow and the Bruins made us play and score early and we were kind of chasing things after that. Swayman>>Igor in this one no doubt.
Trocheck and Panarin have the puck 99% the opposition doesn't on that line.

Telling that 2 of Kravtsov's 3 points in the last 10 games actually came away from that line - one playing with Chytil and Goodrow, the other on PP2. Kravtsov and Panarin got an assist on Schneider's goal against Montreal with Trocheck screening the goalie. That's it.

Panarin sent Krav in for the breakaway against Chicago. Panarin sent Krav in for the LW wrist shot goal against Ottawa. The other game Krav has a point in this season was the 8-2 blowout vs. Detroit where he got the secondary on Panarin setting up Goodrow for a goal.

The odd man out in that trio is Trocheck. It's his playstyle that's incompatible there. It's incompatible with Panarin and underutilizes Kravtsov. Panarin's playstyle tends to favor playing with left handed shots anyway because he is a passer, and because this team sucks at snapping shots when receiving passes not to their off-side.

I'd much rather seem Trocheck play with Laf and (when he comes back) Gauthier. Tro and Go driving the net might even open up space for Laf to be creative.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I can't wait for another coaching retread to be here next with his buddies... playing the same hockey from last century.

We need a Jürgen Klopp, not one of the myriad Sam Allardyce's out there (PL reference).

Football (soccer) moved on from caveman hoof the ball up the pitch towards a dynamic, speedy and skilled game. I have no doubt that's where hockey is going too (and that's not saying size and physicality will disappear far from it).

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Trocheck and Panarin have the puck 99% the opposition doesn't on that line.

Telling that 2 of Kravtsov's 3 points in the last 10 games actually came away from that line - one playing with Chytil and Goodrow, the other on PP2. Kravtsov and Panarin got an assist on Schneider's goal against Montreal with Trocheck screening the goalie. That's it.

Panarin sent Krav in for the breakaway against Chicago. Panarin sent Krav in for the LW wrist shot goal against Ottawa. The other game Krav has a point in this season was the 8-2 blowout vs. Detroit where he got the secondary on Panarin setting up Goodrow for a goal.

The odd man out in that trio is Trocheck. It's his playstyle that's incompatible there. It's incompatible with Panarin and underutilizes Kravtsov. Panarin's playstyle tends to favor playing with left handed shots anyway because he is a passer, and because this team sucks at snapping shots when receiving passes not to their off-side.

I'd much rather seem Trocheck play with Laf and (when he comes back) Gauthier. Tro and Go driving the net might even open up space for Laf to be creative.

Dont think your overall point is incorrect but Panarin has literally never had success as a Ranger playing with a lefty shot. Strome, Fast, Blackwell. Mika in spurts. Panarin's style fits with players who will do exactly what he wants because he wont change his game.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Their play in the neutral zone was awful last night, that's where the game was lost. And Panarin for as bad as he's been, had so many grade A chances last night. He and Laff better go find a shaman somewhere in midttown and soon.

I think the Rangers need to hire an official Shaman.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We had to do it two years in a row.....both our girls had reached the end of the line and were in pain and the quality of theirlives was a fraction of where it once was. There were tears....and still are but we know they no longer suffer in pain our faithful companions who watched every game with me the past 15years as long as I tossed a ball every game for 10 minutes.....then they would both stretch out on the floor and wait for it to be over before we went to bed .
You and NC Ranger are really tugging hard on my heart. To the point of tears. I didn't want to say anything because this was about NC and his baby, but now I have to. My half Pit/Yellow Lab (all 80 lbs of her was diagnosed with a huge tumor thats pressing onto her other organs. She's so big that we could never have known until recently where her tummy was really tight. Doc couldn't tell how fast growing, but basically we were in shock/tears as we left. On the bright side, she is showing NO signs of pain, eating very well (I spoil the crap out of her with chicken breast etc.,)still playful at the age of 12, and I give her "special" peanut butter meds. Her name is Precious and she is every bit of it. It's been a month already and guess I am in a similar situation that NC was, just enjoying her every day, until she gives me that "Daddy........it's time, look". A look I've seen from 6 prior fur babies.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
The brass monkey clapping in Gallant's head probably cant reconcile putting a "lesser" defensive player in Chytil with Panarin, who is allergic to anything that requires more than the minimum effort.

That being said, Gallant is a mid coach but hes not really the problem when his best player and fresh UFA signing need to be rightfully chastised to the media after another poor effort.

So why the hell is Trochek regressing, and is anyone surprised he is?

We joke about playing Trochek on the 3rd line and having Trouba behind Schneider but there is some truth to those observations. That is a LOT of money in the bottom six/3rd pair on top of the Blais contract, Goodrow contract, buyout of Nemeth etc. Management have made too many "instant gratification now, let's figure the problems out later" decisions instead of having a smart plan and long term vision.

At least Trouba showed signs of not being comatose last night so let's hope he finds some form finally.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Dont think your overall point is incorrect but Panarin has literally never had success as a Ranger playing with a lefty shot. Strome, Fast, Blackwell. Mika in spurts. Panarin's style fits with players who will do exactly what he wants because he wont change his game.
Started his career with Kane, often played with Anisimov and Hossa as well. Has always looked good in (very) limited time with Chytil.

I'm doing some quick math, so this might be wrong, but Trocheck and Panarin together on the ice at 5-on-5 have a 1.95 G/60 average. That's abysmal.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
It's reaching AV levels with how repetitive we look game in and game out. At the end of AV's tenure, the team played almost the exact useless game every time, like it was a simulation.

It was mentioned last night. The guys in Boston want to be coached. I don't think the core here wants to be coached and it is not coachable even if they want to be.

Agree with the first part, not so much with the second. Bring in a coach that impresses the good players and they will adapt, I have no doubt about that. Ask them to play caveman hockey and it will go out the other ear. I think the kids are dying for competent coaching that can give them a platform of TEAM PLAY to build from.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Its a little nuts how much of a meltdown the Bruins have caused on HFNYR considering they are 14-0-0 against the Metro division lmao. Insane. We have issues but we're a good team that ran into a buzzsaw

i dunno they didn't really impress me. they're a good team but it wasn't really a buzzsaw. it really came down to the goalies and also the zibanejad line was awful, maybe not their fault either because Kreider is not 100%. if that line played even close to how they usually play then maybe it's 2-1 after 2 periods. the analytics look very even, we even out corsi'd them by a good amount. the overreaction here is typical though.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
So why the hell is Trochek regressing, and is anyone surprised he is?

We joke about playing Trochek on the 3rd line and having Trouba behind Schneider but there is some truth to those observations. That is a LOT of money in the bottom six/3rd pair on top of the Blais contract, Goodrow contract, buyout of Nemeth etc. Management have made too many "instant gratification now, let's figure the problems out later" decisions instead of having a smart plan and long term vision.

At least Trouba showed signs of not being comatose last night so let's hope he finds some form finally.

Trocheck isnt regressing if youre basing it on point production. Hes on pace for 55 which is more than he ever scored as a Cane. His shooting % is also down for his career AVG and hes hit 10+ posts. Its not working with Panarin but he's not the main problem. He's been most effective away from Panarin, who himself has been effective 5v5 with exactly no one this year.

Also Trouba wasnt comatose? He let a tired team come into his house and beat the team he Captains without breaking a sweat. Did he throw a single hit last night? I respected his helmet throwing move a few weeks back, but being a captain doesnt just mean you organize the team Christmas party; he's supposed to be the emotional leader. For a guy who can throw devastating hits, he's allowed this squad to be come soft and easy to play against. He is lucky that Panarin has been such a bum and that K'Andre is carrying his ass, because there's been a lot more bad than good so far into his captaincy

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Trocheck isn't bad at all, he just doesn't fit with Panarin.

Idk what Gallant's issue is with this. Trocheck played very strong 5v5 hockey when he was with wingers that fit his game (Kreider and Vesey). I actually think Panarin is like the one winger on this team that Trocheck wouldn't mesh well with. When Trocheck was with Kreider and Vesey he scored like 12 points in 13 games or somthing like that.

Swap Trocheck and Chytil, it's the easiest and most obvious tweak to be made right now. Gallant's comments of "there are our top players, they better figure it out" is maddening because you're the coach dude, you can see they don't work well together. Anyone can see Trocheck looked much better when on the 3L with more straightforward 'simple game' players. I feel like Gallant thinks he needs Trocheck with Panarin because Trocheck is a stronger 2 way guy than Chytil (not saying that's true, just saying that's how Gallant probably sees it).

Kreider-Mika-Kakko
Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov
Lafreniere-Trocheck-Vesey
Leschysyn-Goodrow-Gauthier

Should be the lines. Maybe have Goodrow as 3RW and swap Vesey to 4LW and Leschysyn to 4C.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Agree with the first part, not so much with the second. Bring in a coach that impresses the good players and they will adapt, I have no doubt about that. Ask them to play caveman hockey and it will go out the other ear. I think the kids are dying for competent coaching that can give them a platform of TEAM PLAY to build from.
100% agreed. Never understood this narrative. These players are professionals who've had coaches their entire lives, and probably have a short list of several coaches they feel deep and abiding gratitude for, who they credit for getting them to the NHL.

If players don't want to be coached, it's not because they freelance. They want to win and play the best they can. Fear of contact can kick in after serious injuries, but in general, they will put aside ego to do what's best for the team if it gets them a Stanley Cup or helps them become the best version they can be.

If players "don't want to be coached," it's that they don't believe that coach's vision is going to lead to either. Hire the right guy and the team will buy in. For everything that was said about Ovechkin, when Trotz came in, they worked together and created a plan for Ovie's game that fit within the team structure, Ovie bought in, and the team won a Cup. Ask Ovie about it today and he won't complain about playing for Trotz. Countless examples of that. I've always believed Scotty Bowman was the gold standard for coaches and if you looked at how many superstars he coached, from different backgrounds, and how they all bought into him as a person and thus his systems, that's the ideal we should be aiming for.

Instead we see useless figureheads who make bad decisions and dodge accountability for it, while selectively holding some players accountable and not others. Or Torts, who instills a structure, and almost immediately wears out his welcome by grating on everybody all the time.

Look at Colorado with Bednar - he's grown along with them. He doesn't make stupid decisions and smugly chalk it up to "coach's decisions" and he owns up when he makes a mistake, and learns from it for next time. People respect that kind of leadership. The way the team rallied behind Laf when he was healthy scratched says something to me.

Bowman was actually a great example because of how he handled the Russian Five. He wanted them to play their game, he told them not to change the style, but if anybody made a dumb play, they would get benched.

In GG I see someone who is prone to bias and playing favorites, makes bad decisions himself, and expects (some) of his players to be accountable in a way he doesn't. I also don't see someone who communicates to his players nearly enough. If you were a player, would you "want" to be coached by someone like that either?

• Love
Reactions: CLW

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They were soft and easy to play against before Trouba got here.

Is Trouba not being wildly overpaid to help remedy that situation? You dont become hard to play against with 4th line team mascot's like Reaves. It needs to come from the top. The Rangers have 4 guys making 8+ AAV and 2 of them give a consistent effort every shift. Talk about the coach, the GM, the owner, the kids, etc. but it boils down to the Rangers massively overpaying 2 guys who are barely noticeable on a nightly basis.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Does anyone recall Joe specifically discussing last night on the broadcast how the Bruins veteran players are eminently coachable? It was a weird thing to say, not something you usually here emphasized about a solid veteran team.

Was Joe inadvertently airing some dirty laundry? Between that comment, and GG’s comment, are things finally coming to a head with Bread?

The guys just does whatever he wants. It rarely works. He’s fond chemistry with what, two players in this organization, both of which aren’t here anymore (Strome and Fast)?

We need to find a way out of this contract. I’d prefer to reserve judgment on GG after seeing the team perform with guys that are bought in and willing to play his style.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This was not a terrible game for the Rangers, but it was not a very good one either. They went up against the best team in the NHL and were just not good enough across the board.

With everyone and their mother saying that Chytil needs to play with Panarin, maybe Gallant will finally listen. I mean, it eventually worked with getting Kakko moved to Zibanejad's line, right? I said this in the last PGT, but I'll say it again. Now is the time to move Chytil up because he is playing well and has confidence in his game. We only seem to try the Chytil and Panarin combination when neither is playing well and we need to shake things up.

The biggest missed opportunity from Panarin was not the breakaway. It came late in the first period. After killing off the 5 on 3, the momentum was shifting our way and the crowd came alive. Panarin got the puck on the right side and shot high glove, but Swayman made the save. It was a perfect inflection point to change the course of the game, but Panarin couldn't make the difference that time.
Good call Kodiak. That indeed was a huge moment. You ever get the feeling, I mean a deep down feeling that we're gonna score? Had that feeling when Fox put in that OT winner. Same feeling when Panarin was about to shoot. Just didn't happen. And "had it" I firmly believe we would have won. This team really is like a pendulum. When they're going good, they know it and "feel it". Could have sworn he was gonna score there. Fark!

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
The ECF last year was a Trojan horse for this franchise, now the question is, will they double down that this team is a legit contender or will they play the long game. We’re in this weird in between and it’s not working out.

Who's our Hector?

Dolan is Agamemnon

Reactions: Kravtsov420

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Does anyone recall Joe specifically discussing last night on the broadcast how the Bruins veteran players are eminently coachable? It was a weird thing to say, not something you usually here emphasized about a solid veteran team.

Was Joe inadvertently airing some dirty laundry? Between that comment, and GG’s comment, are things finally coming to a head with Bread?

The guys just does whatever he wants. It rarely works. He’s fond chemistry with what, two players in this organization, both of which aren’t here anymore (Strome and Fast)?

We need to find a way out of this contract. I’d prefer to reserve judgment on GG after seeing the team perform with guys that are bought in and willing to play his style.
Possibly, but it's an interesting take by him to cite Boston when just last year there was a mini-mutiny brewing if Cassidy was brought back to now they're "eminently coachable."

And yes, I tend to have not liked most of the coaches the Rangers have had over the years. My standard is Bowman. Just like my expectation is to be a serious Cup contender that's down to the Final 4 every year, and not to shoot ourselves in the foot, and if we can't have that, to be actively building towards that, and willing to take the growing pains that entails.

Outside of 2014-15, and a month pre-COVID in Spring '20, I've not seen this team look like that.
For a team predicated on, "Just make the playoffs and anything can happen," it's important to note 2011-12 where literally everything went exactly the Rangers' way, and they still couldn't make the finals. Won practically every 1 goal game all year. #1 seed in the playoffs. All the top teams eliminated by underdogs for them. Literally the easiest seeding draw in NHL history #1 East vs. #8 East, then #7 East, then #6 East, then would've been #8 West in the Finals...and they didn't even make it out of the third round. THAT was your one-in-a-million, "this is our year" scenario where we "just got in" and everything went rihgt, and it still didn't happen regardless. Last year was close too. Two third string goalies in the first 2 rounds? Still won in 7 in both and benefitted from Trouba wrecking Crosby. Then go up 2-0 against a rusty Tampa team, and have a Game 3 lead? Yes, please. And what happened next?

Even if they'd won, still would've required MacKinnon and Rantanen to collide in Cup Finals Game 1, Kadri to do something to get suspended, and Landeskog to suffer one of his myriad injuries in the Finals to (maybe) get over the hump.

NYR's is not a Cup winning organizational philosophy.

I'm tired of building for a longshot, and I want a team that will build for a dynastic perennial contender...and that means a coach who will not sabotage seasons like Torts did by grinding against 8 seeds for 7 games that we should've destroyed in 5. A coach not like AV who will stubbornly cling to Staal/Girardi even after the triplets have teabagged them for 6 games. A coach not like GG who will sabotage his own lines to reward grinders with more ice time, or to "balance" what is already an indequate level of scoring.

Would rather take Coach Q and see what he can do, as well as let him get the opportunity for a second chance and to try to make amends for what was undoubtedly and awful decision on his part. But, the man can coach, and that incident should be a big asterisk on his career for sure, but I hate to see things like that come to define people who aside from that haven't generally been assholes.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kind of puts things in perspective doesn't it? I am so sick for you, beings I am a dog lover and own 3 myself. It's literally the toughest thing to do, to let go of your best friend, but yet is the most selfless thing you can do when that "baby" looks up to you and telling you with those sad eyes that "it's time Daddy". I am sure that since July you and your family have been giving him/her extra extra loving and maybe some special food and snacks along the way. Again, I am so sorry and Godspeed my brother.

I'm not going to put a like on this because it's something I've been through several times and I absolutely hate. One of our dogs is just going through his second ACL. It's expensive but you do what you can for your buddies. Anyway I feel for you. It's tough.

• Love
Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: