EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
qAFlMpE.png

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I'll go against the grain and say the scoreline wasn't fair relative to the Rangers' effort tonight. The Bruins were the better team, but not by much. Igor got outgoalie'd tonight. He needed to make that stop to start the 3rd to keep his team in the game. That 3rd goal deflated the team.

How can Drury and Dolan look at Panarin and think he's still a $12 million player? If someone would take him and absorb his full cap hit this summer there should be a statue of Chris Drury commissioned and built at 33rd and 7th.

NYRfan39

Dec 29, 2011
I dont actually think the Rangers played that bad. The narrative would change drastically if Panarin scores on that breakaway and Chytil tips the puck in.
The Rangers were playing the best team in the league (by far)
Their goalie was there when they needed him. Boston didn't have to play their best because their goalie was on top of his game tonight.
I hate Laffy but he was at least noticeable today. Thats a plus i guess.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Still can’t get over Gallant putting the fourth line out for an offensive zone Faceoff when the Boston first line was out there for a long time and clearly dead tired. What the absolute f*** was that?

PP1 needs to change something. Swap Trocheck out and try something different. Even if Gallant thinks this is his top unit, they’re not getting it done now and haven’t for a while. They need a reset. At the very least, trying using PP2 more. Put them out to start a few PPs. You have to do something different.

And when line 2 is struggling, swapping the RW out isn’t the right move. Swap Trocheck and Chytil. Trocheck and Panarin don’t work together. Stop trying to force it, it’s not working.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What's hilarious is that this game was 90% on great goaltending by Swayman and Igor once again being the second best goalie on the ice and people here will make it literally everyone else. I don't want to keep harping on it but when you give up one soft goal and one questionable goal when the other goalie is playing out of his mind and is on the best team in the league you're a HUGE reason for this loss and a bigger reason than one other player. I'm in part complaining about Igor because I'm pissed at him but also because you'd think this team got destroyed all game when it was mostly due to the huge goalie differential in net. But you'll read all of these posts about how horrible the whole team is.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Once again, I didn't think we played that bad..

We don't score enough. We bet huge on young players stepping into big roles and it's not happening. We've been left with 4th liners all over the top 9.

I can understand the cap hell forcing us to make that bet but we've completely failed to develop forwards yet again. Beating a dead horse but I'm not wrong.

The theme of this thread will be effort and compete level and it's dumb. Our lineup just isn't that good. It has holes all over.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I'll go against the grain and say the scoreline wasn't fair relative to the Rangers' effort tonight. The Bruins were the better team, but not by much. Igor got outgoalie'd tonight. He needed to make that stop to start the 3rd to keep his team in the game. That 3rd goal deflated the team.

How can Drury and Dolan look at Panarin and think he's still a $12 million player? If someone would take him and absorb his full cap hit this summer there should be a statue of Chris Drury commissioned and built at 33rd and 7th.
I agree with you. Team played very well and felt like they were in it until that softie to start the 3rd deflated the shit out of them.

Goaltending was the difference in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad