Post-Game Talk: small penised poodle in a park of Dobermans

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I dont for the life of me understand why he wont demote trocheck and put Chytil there.

Like just try it for a little. Whats the worst that can happen, panarins line still sucks?

Why demote Kravtsov? Who actualy was playing well.

This coach is such a f***ing asshole. I havent hated a coach this badly in a while. I hate him more than Vigneualt now.

He is just a f***ing joke.

The brass monkey clapping in Gallant's head probably cant reconcile putting a "lesser" defensive player in Chytil with Panarin, who is allergic to anything that requires more than the minimum effort.

That being said, Gallant is a mid coach but hes not really the problem when his best player and fresh UFA signing need to be rightfully chastised to the media after another poor effort.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
The brass monkey clapping in Gallant's head probably cant reconcile putting a "lesser" defensive player in Chytil with Panarin, who is allergic to anything that requires more than the minimum effort.

That being said, Gallant is a mid coach but hes not really the problem when his best player and fresh UFA signing need to be rightfully chastised to the media after another poor effort.

The players are definitely to blame as well, but gallant has no clue how to utilize what he has. None!

I hope the fire Turk chants start at the garden soon. Maybe that will wake the little dipshit gm up.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Now that's saying something.

It's reaching AV levels with how repetitive we look game in and game out. At the end of AV's tenure, the team played almost the exact useless game every time, like it was a simulation.

It was mentioned last night. The guys in Boston want to be coached. I don't think the core here wants to be coached and it is not coachable even if they want to be.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The players are definitely to blame as well, but gallant has no clue how to utilize what he has. None!

I hope the fire Turk chants start at the garden soon. Maybe that will wake the little dipshit gm up.

We were in the ECF last year and are comfortably in a playoff spot this year, firing Gallant would be as reactionary a move as trading Lafreniere, which also isnt happening.. Last night was not good but people need to keep in perspective that Boston has 5 regulation losses all year. We didnt play poorly, but it wasnt close to good enough. Doesnt mean the season is over.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
We were in the ECF last year and are comfortably in a playoff spot this year, firing Gallant would be as reactionary a move as trading Lafreniere, which also isnt happening.. Last night was not good but people need to keep in perspective that Boston has 5 regulation losses all year. We didnt play poorly, but it wasnt close to good enough. Doesnt mean the season is over.
Giving up a goal in the first 5 minutes of the first period makes people here want to burn their childhood homes to the ground. This isn't exactly a hotbed of equanimity.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I still think the team will figure it out and be more consistent but last night was kinda a disappointment but Boston is a really good team, best in the league right now.

Need to get more from the kids. Not sure if Drury is going to make moves at the TDL or not but I fear he may sacrifice the future by sending away picks in a very deep draft.

Boston may have played the night before but they didn’t look like they did. Rangers are off till Monday, was just hoping for more energy from them. It wasn’t terrible but was not good enough.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Giving up a goal in the first 5 minutes of the first period makes people here want to burn their childhood homes to the ground. This isn't exactly a hotbed of equanimity.

My favorite criticism is that they arent "mentally tough", when their whole identity is sticking to the gameplan and not getting rattled. The fanbase is mentally weak (Myself included)

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Once again, I didn't think we played that bad..

We don't score enough. We bet huge on young players stepping into big roles and it's not happening. We've been left with 4th liners all over the top 9.

I can understand the cap hell forcing us to make that bet but we've completely failed to develop forwards yet again. Beating a dead horse but I'm not wrong.

The theme of this thread will be effort and compete level and it's dumb. Our lineup just isn't that good. It has holes all over.
Tbh I’m tired of this narrative

The guys paid to be the difference makers, weren’t.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I still think the team will figure it out and be more consistent but last night was kinda a disappointment but Boston is a really good team, best in the league right now.

Need to get more from the kids. Not sure if Drury is going to make moves at the TDL or not but I fear he may sacrifice the future by sending away picks in a very deep draft.

Boston may have played the night before but they didn’t look like they did. Rangers are off till Monday, was just hoping for more energy from them. It wasn’t terrible but was not good enough.
Boston also beat us using just 5 defensemen.

Reactions: leetch99

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Also while Kravtsov is the ultimate what ever player, how about demoting the player who actually deserves it (Panarin) to the 4th line instead?

I really wonder what the f*** he needs to do in order to get dropped?

Reactions: TheDirtyH

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Need to get more from the kids. I like to see. Not sure if Drury is going to make moves at the TDL or not but I fear he may sacrifice the future by sending away picks in a very deep draft.

Agreed. It was a benchmark game and the Rangers overall play wasnt much different from how they normally play (which is good!), but the extra gear from our top guys was non-existent, and that trickles down the lineup. We are not in the class of Boston, but neither is any other team.

Panarin. Gallant. Trouba. All big problems in that order. People still wondering why JD & Gorton got fired?

Reactions: Leonardo87

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY

Boston was also good last year and fired their coach. And look, now they are even better.

Just because this teams was in ECF, on a historic goaltender ls back and extreme injury luck in POs doesnt mean we cant be better with new coach. We can.

Its like saying PP1 should never be changed bc they were good last year. Wait our idiot coach is doing that.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
This was not a terrible game for the Rangers, but it was not a very good one either. They went up against the best team in the NHL and were just not good enough across the board.

With everyone and their mother saying that Chytil needs to play with Panarin, maybe Gallant will finally listen. I mean, it eventually worked with getting Kakko moved to Zibanejad's line, right? I said this in the last PGT, but I'll say it again. Now is the time to move Chytil up because he is playing well and has confidence in his game. We only seem to try the Chytil and Panarin combination when neither is playing well and we need to shake things up.

The biggest missed opportunity from Panarin was not the breakaway. It came late in the first period. After killing off the 5 on 3, the momentum was shifting our way and the crowd came alive. Panarin got the puck on the right side and shot high glove, but Swayman made the save. It was a perfect inflection point to change the course of the game, but Panarin couldn't make the difference that time.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We have Fox and Trouba!

Oh, wait...

1A4A42D0-F8F3-4649-B30F-B912229EC3D1.gif

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Also while Kravtsov is the ultimate what ever player, how about demoting the player who actually deserves it (Panarin) to the 4th line instead?

I really wonder what the f*** he needs to do in order to get dropped?
You hate Panarin so much now, you would pick Staal over him in a pickup game.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Boston was also good last year and fired their coach. And look, now they are even better.

Just because this teams was in ECF, on a historic goaltender ls back and extreme injury luck in POs doesnt mean we cant be better with new coach. We can.

Its like saying PP1 should never be changed bc they were good last year. Wait our idiot coach is doing that.

Boston had a disappointing regular season and a first round exit last season. If the Rangers do the same, they will probably fire Gallant in the summer. To think they are going to fire a coach who has done nothing but win, despite his warts, mid-season is irrational. It's not like we are the Islanders falling out of the race

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

They fired their coach because the players couldn't stand him. Bergeron literally threatened to retire if they brought him back.

Not to mention DeBrusk stopped asking for a trade and Krejci came back after Cassidy was let go.

Unless we see similar shit from our guys, it isn't happening. Gallant is safe for this year barring a massive collapse or him doing something outside of the rink that warrants termination.

You hate Panarin so much now, you would pick Staal over him in a pickup game.

Lets not get crazy.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Boston had a disappointing regular season and a first round exit last season. If the Rangers do the same, they will probably fire Gallant in the summer. To think they are going to fire a coach who has done nothing but win, despite his warts, mid-season is irrational. It's not like we are the Islanders falling out of the race
Oh im not saying to fire him now. Bc it wont change anything this season. A new coach wont be implementing a system anyway this late in the year.

But he should be fired basically no matter what at end of season. I dont care if we get to ECF or even SCF with him. He is an idiot who doesnt maximize anybody’s potential. Its clear as day why florida and vegas got rid of him so fast while having good teams. He is not a coach that u win because of.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
This coach staffing has always had a weird requirement that if you're on PP1 you have to be in the top six at 5v5 and vice versa. We saw it with Laf automatically getting gifted PP1 time when Kreider was out and he filled in Kreider's 5v5 spot. It's the same reason Gallant can't bring himself to do anything about Trocheck, whether demote him at 5v5 or on the PP. He's the "2nd line" center so in this coaching staff's mind he also needs to be on PP1. They have never had any inkling that certain players might be better in certain situations than others, they just kind of mash everything together into one total game state situation.

Look at how Tampa uses Corey Perry where he gets PP time but almost no ES time. Same with NJ who uses Tatar a lot on the PP but doesn't really overload him with even strength time. Our coaching staff just kind of picks their favorite guys and throws them over the boards all the time regardless of game state. The notion of maybe cycling in a Kravtsov or a Chytil in place of Trocheck on the PP is completely foreign to them because they've labeled Trocheck as one of their "top guys."

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
They fired their coach because the players couldn't stand him. Bergeron literally threatened to retire if they brought him back.

Not to mention DeBrusk stopped asking for a trade and Krejci came back after Cassidy was let go.

Unless we see similar shit from our guys, it isn't happening. Gallant is safe for this year barring a massive collapse or him doing something outside of the rink that warrants termination.

Lets not get crazy.
Well im sure the young guys cant be thrilled with him and there were rumors of locker room discontent. So hopefully this will lead to his demise.

Bc we aint winning shit with his “brand” of hockey.

I hope im wrong, and we do. And i will root every night for them to win, but i just dont see it happening as long as he is here.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
Listened to Maloney on the radio last night and he said something like 'The Bruins stars led the charge and thats the difference here folks'

Definitely seemed to poke at our high paid stars not doing enough and I think we can all agree

P.s. Maloney is obviously biased but I love his passion he talks with, I enjoy listening to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad