Slovan Bratislava 2016/2017

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
So the odds of making playoff have gone slightly down. We are trailing 5 points on the 8th place and thus we need Jokerit to loose at least 2 of its remaining games assuming Slovan wins all.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
They didn't go slightly down, they crashed and burnt, more like. Slovan needed wins in far east and got losses instead. Realistically, there's no way both Jokerit and Sochi mess up so badly. Especially since Dynamo and Vityaz are really tough opponents. Looking from this point on Jokerit has the best schedule.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
They didn't go slightly down, they crashed and burnt, more like. Slovan needed wins in far east and got losses instead. Realistically, there's no way both Jokerit and Sochi mess up so badly. Especially since Dynamo and Vityaz are really tough opponents. Looking from this point on Jokerit has the best schedule.
yes and it shows us again: if you have to rely on other teams results it is very bad:)
but i even would say that jokerit and sotchi (more likely) maybe will loose 2 games, but to get slovan 100 % of points is the difficult part.
jokerit has ugra, automobilist, neftekimik, ak bars
sotchi spartak, torpedo, cska, ska, severstal
slovan din moskva, vityaz, medveszak, medveszak
as you wrote jokerithas easiest schedule, but what we learned in past -> all is possible, and often the "weaker" teams stole the points..
lets hope the fight is still on after next 2 rounds

edit: did you guys read at medvescak forum about last home game vs slovan to be played in bratislava?

Last edited:

Wien

Feb 15, 2014
yes and it shows us again: if you have to rely on other teams results it is very bad:)

Exactly right. Considering how things looked a month ago, it's a minor miracle anyone's able to talk about Slovan's playoff chances without breaking into laughter.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
So we can all agree that the odds are now just theoretical. Slovan has to win all 3 remaining games in fulltime, while Jokerit must not get more than 3 points from 4 games and Sochi more than 6 from 5 games.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
So we can all agree that the odds are now just theoretical. Slovan has to win all 3 remaining games in fulltime, while Jokerit must not get more than 3 points from 4 games and Sochi more than 6 from 5 games.

If Slovan gets 9 points from the remaining matches, then 4 points is not enough for Jokerit, because they would be tied in points and then the tiebreaker goes to Slovan because they have more 3 point wins.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Jokerit might get 4 points, while Sochi 7, but still... There are no odds, we are out. And this match was peculiar to our entire season. We lost because our goalie lost his knife on a skate. Like what are the chances; 1:1 million? Unbelievable.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

For the next seasons the management should already in the beginning declare, that they have money. Then the players will play much better.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I am staying in Vienna for a few weeks for work and wanted to go to a Slovan Bratislava game.

Now, on a website called ticketportal.sk I can buy tickets for games on the 14th and 15th vs Medvescak. But according to the KHL website, the game on the 14th is in Zagreb and I can't seem to buy tickets for the game on the 15th.

Can anyone help me out? I need 2 tickets for the game that is in Bratislava.

Thanks for the help!

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
I am staying in Vienna for a few weeks for work and wanted to go to a Slovan Bratislava game.

Now, on a website called ticketportal.sk I can buy tickets for games on the 14th and 15th vs Medvescak. But according to the KHL website, the game on the 14th is in Zagreb and I can't seem to buy tickets for the game on the 15th.

Can anyone help me out? I need 2 tickets for the game that is in Bratislava.

Thanks for the help!

KHL site isnt up to date. game 14.2 is in bratislava for sure, and you can buy it online as you said. www.ticketportal.sk you can also switch to ENGLISIH language.
15.2 is not available, as it is SOLD OUT currently. this can change once reservations are cancelled-so look at the page every day. usually 1-2 days before games some tickets get available, or when you are at 14.2 game you can get maybe there at arena for 15.2

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
KHL site isnt up to date. game 14.2 is in bratislava for sure, and you can buy it online as you said. www.ticketportal.sk you can also switch to ENGLISIH language.
15.2 is not available, as it is SOLD OUT currently. this can change once reservations are cancelled-so look at the page every day. usually 1-2 days before games some tickets get available, or when you are at 14.2 game you can get maybe there at arena for 15.2

100% sure the game on 14 February is in Bratislava?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
100% sure the game on 14 February is in Bratislava?

Yes. Slovan has announced today that both games, 14 & 15 Feb, are played in Bratislava at 19:00. Source in slovak

Prvé zo stretnutí, ktoré na základe žiadosti Mevdeščaku Záhreb odohráme so súhlasom vedenia KHL v Bratislave, sa bude konať v utorok 14. februára o 19:00 h. V rovnakom čase nastúpia belasí aj o deň neskôr, t.j. v stredu 15. februára.

First game, which Medvescak request & KHL approved, will be played in Bratislava on Tuesday at 19:00. Next day, 15 Feb, will take place second match, starts of the game is the same as day before.

Tickets for 14 Feb game are available here. Some seats are blocked/reserved for Medvescak fans, but will be available if Medvescak fans wont buy it. There is cca 500 available tickets for 14 Feb game.

PS:
KHL website confirmed that 14 Feb game is played in Bratislava. Source

Зимний стадион им. О.Непелы, Братислава
Ice Palace/Arena O.Nepela, Bratislava

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Ondrej Nepela Arena makes for a great hockey experience, i was lucky enough to be there for a playoff game against CSKA last year.

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
What was the nature of Smolenak's injury again? Is he expected in Slovan's roster next year?

Injury:
Broken collarbone, but its second time in short period of time he has this problem. He will be out to april.

Contract:
His contract ends after this season. Im sure there was no talks about extension yet, because we still don't know where Slovan will play in next season.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
That guy claims that KHL is sort of an endurance sports, and you wouldn't enjoy watching a KHL game in TV at all because matches are not dynamic. As far as I know, KHL stands out especially for its technical play. So he is quite ridiculous.
Obviously, he hates physical training, and pace of Czech league is well enough for him.

ermolli

Nov 22, 2016
Bratislava - Engerau
Whats your opinion guys on that? (Sorry, probably for slovaks as I am lazy to translate, I might make some brief follow up, if somebody is interested).

http://hokej.idnes.cz/hokej-jakub-v...dy-p6o-/hokej.aspx?c=A170412_141647_hokej_cig

Sorry, but Jakub Valsky was underaverage player for KHL, typically border 4th liner. Of course, in the non-physically Czech league is Valsky star, but KHL is another level.

Unbelievable for me is absolutely generalization of his opinion. He was in Slovan, so from where he knows trainings methods in Magnitka for example? Ok, maybe former Magnitka coach Keenan and his learner Vorobyov are hockey dilletants and Valsky is the biggest world authority for hockey theory :laugh:

Second, I am not sure if Valsky is right for criticise guys like Kovar and Kundratek. IMO its arrogancy from him. Finally, we see Sobotka current NHL performance - if is guy top player in KHL, he is top player in NHL also.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
I dont really know from where he got that generalization. I guess ha can be biased. What surprised me that he critized physical training. I am not really sure that top KHL guy autuomaticaly means top NHL guy. I hope Sobotka got mature as player in KHL and will benefit from it in NHL. Otherewise czech guys like Nakladal, Sekac and even Kempny havent confirmed it... Border NHL guy could be top KHL guy seems to more accurate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad