Slovakia: Slovak National Team- The start over again edition

xyzed

Jun 25, 2012
What are the chances of seeing some of the younger players make the team, such as Richard Panik?

he has definitly a big chance. I dont think he is a lock, but if he wont have a really terrible season, he is gonna be there. Tatar on the other hand will make the team for sure. Jurco and Marincin have very small chances, Hrivik depends on how good he is going to be this season. If he will play some good NHL games, he has a solid chance of making the team.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Czechs released their Olympic jerseys today. Slovaks should be soon to follow..

czechflag_zpsa8628e2b.jpg

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
he has definitly a big chance. I dont think he is a lock, but if he wont have a really terrible season, he is gonna be there. Tatar on the other hand will make the team for sure. Jurco and Marincin have very small chances, Hrivik depends on how good he is going to be this season. If he will play some good NHL games, he has a solid chance of making the team.

not sure why Jurco small chance, he and Nyquist are rocking the AHL right now.:)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Just looking around at players, but any chance the lesser Hossa makes it? Still only 31 and is having a nice bounce back year in Riga.

Hope that Panik and Tatar make it. Think both those guys will be real solid NHL scoring forwards, which is good since Slovakia has not had many in recent years.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Just looking around at players, but any chance the lesser Hossa makes it? Still only 31 and is having a nice bounce back year in Riga.

If he had a different last name, he'd be iffy. But seeing as he's a Hossa, he'll be on the team.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
not sure why Jurco small chance, he and Nyquist are rocking the AHL right now.:)

rocking? :laugh: :huh: They played only 2 games! You cant say not, they are rocking. Oh boy.
In regard to Marcel Hossa. I don't understand, why is he so hated by Slovak fans. If he had good season, shoot many goals, why shouldn't he be there?

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Regarding the Olympic talk, what do you think about Rastislav Å pirko and Milan Bartovič? Å pirko is leading scorer of Spartak Moscow. I've seen about 3 games of Spartak and he was pretty visible. Maybe to give 2 big body wingers (or C and W) next to him and he could be useful on the 4th line. Despite the bad start of the season for Slovan I think Bartovič is doing quite well and is good captain. He works hard and never give up. His exceptional acceleration can be useful on the Olympics, if he's paired with some more skilled players.

What do you think about their chances?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Regarding the Olympic talk, what do you think about Rastislav Špirko and Milan Bartovič? Špirko is leading scorer of Spartak Moscow. I've seen about 3 games of Spartak and he was pretty visible. Maybe to give 2 big body wingers (or C and W) next to him and he could be useful on the 4th line. Despite the bad start of the season for Slovan I think Bartovič is doing quite well and is good captain. He works hard and never give up. His exceptional acceleration can be useful on the Olympics, if he's paired with some more skilled players.

What do you think about their chances?

Hm, hard to say. IMO Bartovic has a little more % of being there. Spirko is something like Kukumberg in 2009/2010. He had also very good first half season, especially October. but olympic was without him. Sure, it is season 2013/2014. But i still think, Spirko will be not there.

Clardz

Jan 25, 2013
DFW
Playing on a line with Nyquist is a big help for him. Glad to see him have some good linemates

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
rocking? :laugh: :huh: They played only 2 games! You cant say not, they are rocking. Oh boy.

We are up to 9 games now.:) Tomas has 3 goals and 7 assists for 10 points, good for 14th place in AHL scoring.

Judging by how things are going right now in the KHL, I think a Slovak player doing very well in the AHL must be considered for the Olympic squad.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Slovak Giant defenceman

There has been some huge defenseman produced over the last few years for Slovakia. Players such as Boris Valabik, Vladimir Mihalik, Juraj Valach and Martin Bobos. Do any of these players have mens NT potential?

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
There has been some huge defenseman produced over the last few years for Slovakia. Players such as Boris Valabik, Vladimir Mihalik, Juraj Valach and Martin Bobos. Do any of these players have mens NT potential?
Valabik and Mihalik played at some meaningful tournaments during recent seasons. They took a lot of critique being slow, without IQ, no ability to first pass and often took bad penalties. Honestly it's not that bad, especially Mihalik, but coach has been using them wrong. Vujtek overuses big, slow D's and often didn't pair them with agile, speedy and at least average offensive instinct D's. Then, on the big ice, missing skills and flaws in their play are too much visible. I prefer using one of them at the best (Mihalik) for clearing the crease, but again Vujtek overuses them - NHL experience was always some kind of fetish in Slovak NT.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008

Jurco another 1+1 last night, 4+1 in his last two games. He is 9+10 in 16 games, good for 9th in AHL scoring. The 8 in front of him are all 3+ years older, except for Nikita Kucherov who is going crazy in Syracuse, and Vlad Namestnikov who is the same age.

Tomas is on pace for 43 goals and 48 assists for 91 points. Those are AHL numbers I can't recall from a Slovak player since Pavol Demitra on Prince Edward Island.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
Tomas is on pace for 43 goals and 48 assists for 91 points. Those are AHL numbers I can't recall from a Slovak player since Pavol Demitra on Prince Edward Island.
Will it be the same story of "What the hell I´m doing here?" like Demitra? :naughty:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Tomas Jurco today becomes the 14th Slovak this year to play an NHL game, 81st in the country's history. At age 20, he is the youngest this year, 10 months younger than Marincin.

Clardz

Jan 25, 2013
DFW
Tomas Jurco today becomes the 14th Slovak this year to play an NHL game, 81st in the country's history. At age 20, he is the youngest this year, 10 months younger than Marincin.

How long has it been since a KoÅ¡ičan played in the NHL? Was SvatoÅ¡ the last?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad