Slovakia: Slovak National Team- The start over again edition

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
There is maybe a reason but there is also something like current form. And playing in KHL doesn't mean Laco or Staňa aren't capable of playing against TOP players at all!

With all due respect Laco and Stana are bums compared to Halak. Even if you could make some kind of point for Stana, Laco is a back-up to career SPG (softie-per-game) goaltender Holt in the KHL, so what on Earth are you talking about?

And what does the current form have to do with the Olympics which are 6 months away?

Varlamov had .903 save percentage in the NHL meanwhile he was still the best goaltender in the KHL posting .946

And at the end, I can't even believe there's actually a legit Halak vs. Laco debate :laugh:

xyzed

Jun 25, 2012
He is very inconsistent, he was invisible half of the season and for me he looks also effortless. I don't believe, that he will have good season next year, but you never know. Anyway, there is no room for him on the olympic roster.

agree with all of that

for me:
Kopecky – Handzus –Hossa
Tatar – Mikus – Gaborik
Zaborsky - Bliznak – Panik
Bartovic – Olvecky – Radivojevic

Chara – Sekera
Visnovsky – Meszaros
Baranka – Granak
Jurcina

Halak, Stana, Janus

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
With all due respect Laco and Stana are bums compared to Halak. Even if you could make some kind of point for Stana, Laco is a back-up to career SPG (softie-per-game) goaltender Holt in the KHL, so what on Earth are you talking about?

And what does the current form have to do with the Olympics which are 6 months away?

Varlamov had .903 save percentage in the NHL meanwhile he was still the best goaltender in the KHL posting .946

And at the end, I can't even believe there's actually a legit Halak vs. Laco debate :laugh:
Can't see any point in your contrib. I've just said that last three world cups showed that in national team are Stana and mainly Laco just better than Halak. It is just my opinion I like them much more.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Can't see any point in your contrib. I've just said that last three world cups showed that in national team are Stana and mainly Laco just better than Halak. It is just my opinion I like them much more.

My point was that your opinion is extremely short-sighted. You are putting two mediocre goaltenders ahead of a guy with Jennings trophy on his resume just because they had arguably outperformed him in a few short tournaments with no long-term track record.. That's crazy.

DrPabloRamirez

Nov 23, 2010
Based on 2011 WC performances, Marian Hossa and Gaborik are definitely out of Slovakia NT.
Laco as number one goaltender is poor joke. Even Lasak was during 2000-2004 period better than Laco in 2012. If Laco will be next three - four years on the same level as during two weeks in May 2012, I am able to consider him as starter on WOG 2018 in South Korea (if slovak hockey will be still alive).

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
My point was that your opinion is extremely short-sighted. You are putting two mediocre goaltenders ahead of a guy with Jennings trophy on his resume just because they had arguably outperformed him in a few short tournaments with no long-term track record.. That's crazy.
My point was that Laco's career is absolutely, how to say it, different. Therefore you cannot judge his abilities in this way if you have no idea and knowledge about him just because Halak is in NHL. I wanna say that if is Halak gonna play just every fourth match also next season I am not sure if he is better alternative than Stana (my no. 1). Just for the information, Stana belonged to TOP 5 goalies last season in KHL playing in TOP team of CSKA. I think that means something and I have no doubts he can be compared to Halak.

You're writing about short tournaments. In my opinion Olympics tournament is short as well.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Based on 2011 WC performances, Marian Hossa and Gaborik are definitely out of Slovakia NT.
Laco as number one goaltender is poor joke. Even Lasak was during 2000-2004 period better than Laco in 2012. If Laco will be next three - four years on the same level as during two weeks in May 2012, I am able to consider him as starter on WOG 2018 in South Korea (if slovak hockey will be still alive).

Hey, look. Laco might not be even on the roster and I wouldn't say anything. I want him just in the case that he will make some really great performance this season.
Halak is clear - no problem with that just that Stana is better according to me.

However, to sum it up these are our all possibilities, right?
Halák, Budaj, Staňa, Janus, Laco, Hudáček, LašÃ¡k.

R3v3r3nd

Dec 4, 2012
U20 Sumer Hockey Challenge in Poprad: ( 29. 7. - 3. 8.)

G: Richard Sabol (HC ‘05 Banská Bystrica), Karel Němec (HC Třinec/ČR).

D: Daniel Gachulinec, Marian Mikuš ( HC ‘05 Banská Bystrica), Patrik Luža, Tomáš Rusina, Jozef Tibenský, Michal Valjent (all HC Slovan Bratislava), Patrik Palovič (HK Dukla Trenčín), Erik Černák (HC Košice), Ľubomír Dinda (HK ŠKP Poprad), Richard Buri (MHK Nitra)

F: Mário Lunter, Jakub Predajniansky, Eduard Šimun (all HC ‘05 Banská Bystrica), Matúš Trenčan (HC Slovan Bratislava), Stanislav Horanský, Róbert Lantoši, Dominik Rehák (all MsHK Žilina), Marko Daňo (HC Slovan Bratislava), Patrik Koyš ( HK Dukla Trenčín), David Šoltés (HC Košice), Dávid Gríger (HK ŠKP Poprad), Milan Kolena (MHC Martin), Martin Reway (Gatineau Olympiques/Kan.), Matej Paulovič (Farjestad BK/Švéd.), Peter Cehlárik (Lulea HF/Švéd.).

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Why is that guy bold? I'm just curious as I saw him playing in this year U20 league final against Slovan and he was certainly the best defender there.

R3v3r3nd

Dec 4, 2012
He is defenceman, no forward... ;-) This nomination without Torok or Kasanicky, Rosandic, is sick for long time...

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Any news from the SZĽH when the Olympic jerseys will be released?

Looking at the other countries, I'm nervous.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
I have had a think and from Slovan just Bartovič, Bližnák, J. Mikúš and Sersen are able to go to the Olympics NOW. Hopefully, more players are going to play better. For instance, Å tajnoch, Miklík, Å ťastný and Olvecký have got potential.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
I have had a think and from Slovan just Bartovič, Bližnák, J. Mikúš and Sersen are able to go to the Olympics NOW. Hopefully, more players are going to play better. For instance, Å tajnoch, Miklík, Å ťastný and Olvecký have got potential.

I'm really disappointed with Ölvecký so far, he was lock on the olympic fourth line for me. Å ťastný is still injured and I don't think he has a chance to make it, but I would like to see him on the World Championship as well as Å tajnoch. Miklík is invisible too.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

With all respect to all player from Slovan, 4 is too much.
Sersen maybe, Bartovic maybe (but % is really low).
Hm, Bliznak nad Mikus are centers... But i dont think, they play so good or there isn't any better option .

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
With all respect to all player from Slovan, 4 is too much.
Sersen maybe, Bartovic maybe (but % is really low).
Hm, Bliznak nad Mikus are centers... But i dont think, they play so good or there isn't any better option .

Ok, Handzuš and then? :shakehead

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Kopecký

Ok, we've got two. You need at least two else out of this foursome - Bližnák, J. Mikúš, Olvecký & Å ťastný.

At this moment, I'd pick up something like this:
G: Budaj, Halák, Staňa;
D: Baranka, Graňák, Chára, MeszároÅ¡, Mezei, Sekera, Sersen, ViÅ¡ňovský;
F: Bartovič, Gáborík, HandzuÅ¡, Miklík, Kopecký, Olvecký, Pánik, Surový, Å pirko, Å ťastný (he will get healthy soon), Tatar, Záborský.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Ok, we've got two. You need at least two else out of this foursome - Bližnák, J. Mikúš, Olvecký & Å ťastný.

F: Bartovič, Gáborík, HandzuÅ¡, Miklík, Kopecký, Olvecký, Pánik, Surový, Å pirko, Å ťastný (he will get healthy soon), Tatar, Záborský.

I would rather have Marinčin instead of Mezei and Hrivík instead of Å ťastný/Surový, and you forgot Hossa ;)
Tatar - Handzuš - Hossa
Záborský - Kopecký - Gáborík
Špirko - Mikúš - Pánik
Hrivík - Bližňák - Ölvecký

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

And i will cut Budaj and put there Laco. Or Janus. And in case, they are injured, Hudacek.
For me it is surprise, that Canadiens signed Budaj for 2 more seasons. I wish him best, but his performance in last 2 seasons is going down.

In regard of Defensman and Forwards. What about Czech Extraleague? There are many Slovak players, that should be considered - Huna, Somik, Bartek, Vydareny, MIkus, Stehlik, Majesky ....

Clardz

Jan 25, 2013
DFW
I wouldn't mind seeing Tomáš Jurčo getting a shot.

If Jurčo carries his great work from the playoffs into this season, or at least if he gets hot at the right time, then I could see him coming along with the team. If nothing else perhaps as a 13th forward. Would love to see him make the Olympic team but it's tough to say how much of a shot he has. You can bet that he'll be that much more hungry this season though

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I was @ Toronto versus Detroit last night and Jurco looked more dangerous and had a better game than Tatar. Not just because of his assist. Of course one cannot base this on one game. I am just saying Jurco's level is not far from Tatar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->