News: Skyler Brind'Amour will not sign with the Oilers, speculation is he will sign with Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
They just won a national championship and barely lost all season that's a stacked team. Figure it out. If you're going to reply answer the actual question. You don't sound smart you sound like an absolute moron.

They're a system team.
Unlike Michigan which was a stacked team with 12 NHL draftees (Fantilli, Hughes, Samoskevich, Nazar, etc.)

They're more like the 1995 Devils than the 2022 Red Wings.

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Entitled is what he is period!!! All you Can argue if you want to but you're wrong. The Kid Should just Be grateful to get drafted into the NHL and play for any team, Arizona included. I Hope he doesn't play in the league. Stop being a brat and Be humble. Must have not been raised properly.

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
If he was a prospect for any other team we wouldn't be at 8 pages.

Understandable that Skylar would be looking for an easier opportunity. Oilers may be the toughest team in the league to get a forward spot. Especially with Holloway/Lavoie/Borgault/Philp/Tullio fighting for the next available spot on the roster.

Good luck Skylar

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
If he was a prospect for any other team we wouldn't be at 8 pages.

Understandable that Skylar would be looking for an easier opportunity. Oilers may be the toughest team in the league to get a forward spot. Especially with Holloway/Lavoie/Borgault/Philp/Tullio fighting for the next available spot on the roster.

Good luck Skylar
Wait he’s a forward? Looking at his stats, I thought he was playing defence.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
They just won a national championship and barely lost all season that's a stacked team. Figure it out. If you're going to reply answer the actual question. You don't sound smart you sound like an absolute moron.
You don’t have to be a stacked team to win in the ncaa.

smytty

Aug 1, 2015
They gotta fix this in the next CBA. I’m a players’ rights guy, but this is a loophole other prospects don’t get- sloppy work because the union is dumb and the owners only care about money.

Also, bitch move Skyler.

Skyler-White-in-Breaking--009.jpg
It's not a loophole, it's working exactly as intended. If a CHL player doesn't sign within 2 years he goes back into the draft. I believe after another 2 years he becomes a free agent. It's the same idea with college players except they don't go into the draft they just have to wait for the 4-year period

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Quinnipiac was not a stacked team. They play a grinding, defense-first style of hockey.
They had two NHL draft picks in their lineup, Brindamour and Lipkin.

Very similar to the philosophy of mid-majors in college basketball or the CCHA programs where they generally get a lower level of prospect in terms of pro potential but develop them fully and use all of their eligibility. With the added benefit of the Covid extension, the Bobcats had players who were four and five years older than many of the high profile players for Michigan and Minnesota.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
You don’t have to be a stacked team to win in the ncaa.
Well, the thing is, even if they weren't stacked with players who will play in the NHL, they were stacked with outstanding college players. Like the goalie stats and the +/- their many of their players put up were video game like.

Statement should probably be you don't need tons of high NHL draft picks to win the NCAA title.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
He's huge and just won a national championship. Players like that would geta flier regardless of their last name.
It's outrage bait imo. Look another guy doesn't want to sign in Canada! When it's just a 4th liner. Most teams sign their college guys.

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
Didn't even know this guy existed nor that he was even on my Team. 2017 6th round pick lol

He's huge and just won a national championship. Players like that would geta flier regardless of their last name.
Huge? He's 6-2 175 lmao

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Didn't even know this guy existed nor that he was even on my Team. 2017 6th round pick lol

Huge? He's 6-2 175 lmao
Think that may be outdated. Though it may be he's a bit of a straight-legged skater and appears taller than he is.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Well, the thing is, even if they weren't stacked with players who will play in the NHL, they were stacked with outstanding college players. Like the goalie stats and the +/- their many of their players put up were video game like.

Statement should probably be you don't need tons of high NHL draft picks to win the NCAA title.
And that’s what I’m saying. The poster I quoted mocked someone for saying Quinnipiac wasn’t stacked with great players as in potential NHL prospects. I’m saying you don’t need NHL prospects, if you have good NCAA level players and a good system you can win it all. To me that’s what Quinnipiac is. They weren’t secretly hiding players the scouts missed who are should be NHL top picks. They’re a true team.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Watch this be the downfall of Carolina, his dad puts him in all situations and he's just a grenade in the NHL.

The team then stops playing for Rod as he doubles down trying to make the best for his son.
So Rod is saying that that should they meet in the Cup finals the Oilers should beat his team in the finals because the Oilers have the better line up .............But wait ,next year we will win because we have my son in the line up...........Roddy just threw his team under the bus and is on the road to losing his team.....I wonder what the next Carolina's thoughts will be about young Skyler....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad