News: Skyler Brind'Amour will not sign with the Oilers, speculation is he will sign with Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
If he wants the quickest path to the NHL, it's unlikely to be in Carolina with Aho, Kotkaniemi, and likely Staal down the middle. Skylar would be competing against any possible 2C acquisition and Carolina's prospects (Ponomarev seems most likely to move up) for a spot next year.

There is probably someone who needs a young 4th line C next season more than Carolina does right now.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
No denying the risk of drafting American college players by Canadian franchises.

I'd be interested to see a distribution graph among college UFA signings of Drafted players returning after 4 years. Then assign impact they've had as well.

My gut feels there'd be a significant advantage to some eastern seaboard teams. Something the NHL has absolutely no issue with. There's no secret where the population of North America is densest. And when it comes to sports there's no denying population density plays a massive role.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
for everyone complaining about Nepotism… where have you been ? Hockey is the sport that contains the most of it. you would be amazed how much of an old boys club it is

I wasn't complaining, I was just cheerleading.

C-H-E-E-R-L-E-A-D-I-N-G, what does that spell?

Cheerleading!!

Reactions: WhataKnight

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Tough for the less desirable markets when you’re a player who has insight that other teams are interested in you.

Would be interesting to see some compensation for players who refuse to sign, an extra 7th round pick

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad