News: Skyler Brind'Amour will not sign with the Oilers, speculation is he will sign with Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Matt Frattin is this guys CEILING
Pretty presumptive of his future aren't you. With players it's all about their skill and in the right environment. If he goes to the right situation he can prosper.

Verhaeghe is someone that took a lot longer to get to where he is right now but moving to the Panthers was the right situation and he's blossomed. Anyone can be a bust or not. I look at the lads on the Rangers and I see two high picks in a bad situation that might have it taint their development. Bennett was another one in Calgary that was getting stunted. Right situation makes a huge difference.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Pretty presumptive of his future aren't you. With players it's all about their skill and in the right environment. If he goes to the right situation he can prosper.

Verhaeghe is someone that took a lot longer to get to where he is right now but moving to the Panthers was the right situation and he's blossomed. Anyone can be a bust or not. I look at the lads on the Rangers and I see two high picks in a bad situation that might have it taint their development. Bennett was another one in Calgary that was getting stunted. Right situation makes a huge difference.
correct.
while there is always the proverbial “snowballs chance in hell” he will break far above and beyond, I think if he even makes it to the show regularly (which is doubtful at this point) he would max out as a plug n play 4th liner at best.

verhaege showed some decent scoring punch in junior at least, was a 3rd rd pick.

nothing about Skylar says he’ll be anything. You wanna think there’s a chance he’s the next Verhaege (“so you’re sayin there’s a chance!” Lol)... that's good. To each their own.

Reactions: ManByng

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Not sure how that isn’t some kind of form of tampering. League will need to implement that if you don’t sign with your drafting team you can’t sign with a team that any of your family is affiliated with

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
correct.
while there is always the proverbial “snowballs chance in hell” he will break far above and beyond, I think if he even makes it to the show regularly (which is doubtful at this point) he would max out as a plug n play 4th liner at best.

verhaege showed some decent scoring punch in junior at least, was a 3rd rd pick.

nothing about Skylar says he’ll be anything. You wanna think there’s a chance he’s the next Verhaege (“so you’re sayin there’s a chance!” Lol)... that's good. To each their own.
It's always interesting to see what posters misread and assume as the narrative. You miss 100% of the shots you take because you decided to misunderstand the entire post.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
No offense but I don't think this is a huge lose to Edmonton....
I remember when Oilers fans said the same about Marino.

I never get this need to dislike prospects etc when they didn't choose your team. For me I get why prospects avoid the Pens. They'd be moronic to sign these days seeing how Sullivan destroys them.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018

I never get this need to dislike prospects etc when they didn't choose your team. For me I get why prospects avoid the Pens. They'd be moronic to sign these days seeing how Sullivan destroys them.

Player was offered an AHL level ELC , he wanted an NHL deal.. was told no.. team moved on
He had one option, did not like it and the team moved on.

I do agree with it being odd that fans immediately dislike a player if they or the teams decides to move on

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I understand not wanting to sign with Edmonton, would be a tough roster to crack and I don't fault him for doing what's best for his career. But, if the speculation is true, going to play for your dad? Kid will get roasted every time he steps on the ice

Odds are the Hurricanes were the only team that wanted to give him a look precisely because his dad is there.

Maybe he'll get a pity NHL game like the 4th Staal brother.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Odds are the Hurricanes were the only team that wanted to give him a look precisely because his dad is there.

Maybe he'll get a pity NHL game like the 4th Staal brother.
I can’t see the current management dressing him if he isn’t deserving.

The Jared Staal experiment was Jim Rutherford back in the day trying to collect all the Staal’s and Sutter’s because having lots of good ole Canadian boys is the way to win games.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I can’t see the current management dressing him if he isn’t deserving.

The Jared Staal experiment was Jim Rutherford back in the day trying to collect all the Staal’s and Sutter’s because having lots of good ole Canadian boys is the way to win games.
I mean, Brandon Sutter was very good for us. The other one we brought in (Brodie?) wasn't.

Reactions: DaveG

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

Where is the dislike because he won't sign. There has been very little change in how he has been viewed as a prospect. He's always been seen as a guy who at best might be a 4th liner. Given the Oilers current roster and the nature of their prospect pool his chances of playing for the big club anytime soon would be very slim. I think most people are mildly disappointed he did not sign but its not even all that unexpected. Until more recently it was not viewed as a given that the team would sign him.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
It's always interesting to see what posters misread and assume as the narrative. You miss 100% of the shots you take because you decided to misunderstand the entire post.

i mean, you can say that
if you’d like to elaborate all the points you made I missed then?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I think it speaks to his low confidence that he doesn't believe he can crack the EDM lineup.

That is not something that I want to see in a prospect if I'm the Oilers. I mean, the Oilers played last game with 11F and 7D, they actually need another forward to step into their lineup and the spot is ripe for the taking.

Edmonton dodged a bullet with this one.
I don't believe he doesn't think he can't crack the Oilers lineup . It's an excuse he using because like most he doesn't want to go play in Edmonton.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
My favorite part of all of this is the people who keep dragging the Canes and nepotism on this...

...because he signed an AHL deal with the affiliate of the Florida Panthers, probably because they play in his hometown growing up and are near his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad