Confirmed Trade: [SJS/PHI] Sharks trade RD Justin Braun to the Flyers for 2019 2nd and 2020 3rd

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Steep price for 1 year of UFA for someone of Brain's caliber. I don't get it from Philly's POV at all.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Right handed D are expensive. You dont get alot of good defensive RHD. I dont see this as Philly overpaying at all because there wasnt really any other options like Braun for cheaper.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That's honestly reassuring to hear.
There are times he's frustrating to watch, but more often than not he's a solid player. He does a lot of work in front of the net and took literally thousands of hits for Vlasic when the puck was dumped in his corner. He's a soldier and I hope he does well in Philly.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Braun is the perfect McDonald replacement, really.

not saying that's a good or bad thing, but there's not much difference between them.

Reactions: JackFr

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Lloyd Braun

uGcUwLUX_400x400.jpg

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I’ve made some pro-Braun comments in here, but let me be crystal clear: Gusev is much more likely to win you playoff rounds than Braun is.

Skilled players don’t help you win in the playoffs?

So? Is he more likely to be out of the league after a couple seasons than Braun? Maybe. But he is also more likely to be a game changer and win you playoff rounds, too.

Braun doesn't win you a playoff series. He probably doesn't even win you a period.

Yea I mean I’d still rather have Gusev over Braun but that’s just bc of the potential. That said, you can’t really give examples like Panarin. There are many examples of this failing miserably. The flyers have gone the “best player not in the NHL route”. Didn’t work at all.

And I think the playoffs have shown year after year that guys like Braun win you rounds. It goes without saying, but you have guys like ghost and sanhiem around him. But you still need that kind of D. Panarin was great and all but he got cbus one playoff round. Even when he was with the hawks, you have to like their D as the reason they won. Tampa still can’t win - who do they get luke schenn.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hmmm ... Blues could use a LD prospect like Morin. What would the Flyers want in return?

Fletcher has been quoted that the coaching staff is really interested and excited at what Morin can bring. I think he will be given a good shot by the end of the season. He seemed like he was a sure bet to make the team before he got sent down and hurt. I remember that wasn’t even a topic of discussion on here at the time. It was assumed given how great he looked. Hakstol f***ed that up too. He’s not worth much in a trade. The flyers don’t need more picks or prospects. They don’t really need much at all. Better for them to see what Morin is. He would be a monster to play against in a few years. Everyone is rooting for him.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
2nd and a 3rd the new wave.

2nd and a 3rd for Justin Braun.
2nd and a 3rd for Nikita Gusev.

Andrew Shaw as well
Not to mention Andre Burakovsky.

Adam Fox too lol.
Braun, Gusev, Shaw, Burakovsky, Fox :laugh:
sheesh

Right....because it makes tons of sense to compare those 2 trades. :rolleyes:
what?:huh: was just talking about the "2nd and 3rd rounder" being popular to trade for a player these days is all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad