Confirmed Trade: [SJS/PHI] Sharks trade RD Justin Braun to the Flyers for 2019 2nd and 2020 3rd

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
There are so many assets or even NHL quality players the Sharks have had over the years that they have traded or let walk and have immediately become busts.

At some point I'm concerned it will catch up with DW as other GMs realise that if DW is trying to trade me a guy he probably knows something I don't...

Dan Boyle and Brad Lukowich for Matt Carle, Ty Wishart, 1st and a 4th

Reactions: 209

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
For those who are leery about Braun being useless, please do recall that he formed half of arguably the best shut-down D pairing in the league for several years when he was paired with Vlasic. Now yes, Vlasic is certainly the superior player in that pairing, but Braun didn't exactly thrive there by accident, either. Has he fallen off a bit as he's gotten older? Sure. Has he fallen off a lot? Absolutely not. He is a legit #4D on most of the teams in the league even now. Just not here because we have the rather extreme luxury of having both Brent Burns and Erik Karlsson playing the same side that Braun does. So fear not Philly fans, you are most certainly not getting the D equivalent of Lucic here.

Last edited:
Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->