Pre-Game Talk: SJS @ MTL | Punching the Sharks | Thurs. Oct. 24th, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I noticed that Clod had Suzuki kill penalties last couple of games. I don't know how to interpret that. Is it a sign that Clod has a high degree of confidence in him, sees him as a versatile skilled player that can be used in any situation, or is Clod grooming him to be another Nate Thompson?
He plays him on the PP too so I would assume he believes Suzuki will become a well rounded two way forward that can be used in any situation.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Disagree. Gally and Tatar would actually make up an elite first line with Domi, yet here we are, struggling to produce one 60 points player on the top line.
Elite? In what world?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I noticed that Clod had Suzuki kill penalties last couple of games. I don't know how to interpret that. Is it a sign that Clod has a high degree of confidence in him, sees him as a versatile skilled player that can be used in any situation, or is Clod grooming him to be another Nate Thompson?

Given how Suzuki is a rookie and given how it's a waste not to play a talented young player who needs ice time and who has earned it, then it tells me that the coach is trusting the player.

Last edited:
Reactions: DangerDave

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Its so obvious what they need to do
Tatar-Domi-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Lekhonen
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki
Cousins-Thompson-Weal

Further down the line
Poehling-Domi-gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Armia/Lekhonen
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki
Cousins-Thompson-Lekhonen/Armia
Weal as extra

Fixes many problem the team has.
1) Byron is shipped out because he's redundant at this point and he still has good value
2) Gally isolates Domi defensively and Poehling isolates the two smaller ones on size
3)Danault is finally broken off Gallagher and he still gets to produce a good bit and play shutdown with Tatar and Armia or Lekhonen
4) It gives Domi wingers, fina-****ing-lee.
5) Makes an offensive line out of the third and it isolates Drouin defensively with two good defensive forwards (Although they are young.)
Swap your 2nd and 3rd lines and I'd be on board.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I meant I would make the 3rd line the 2nd line and drop the 2nd line to 3rd. No changes to players on either line.
Oh, fair. I don't think it matters much, all three lines should play similar minutes until Kotkaniemi is actually ready to be that 1C presence, so the labels don't really matter, I'd expect them to all get around 13-14 minutes at ES and 2-4 minutes on the PP and PK for Danault.

Reactions: Edgy

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I’ve been trying to watch more habs game this year. I like when we have a few young guys in the lineup trying to develop, but I’m still trying to get over the Markov treatment and subban (don’t mind he was traded) for Weber.

Watching domi, sukuzi and Kotkaniemi is turning it around for me. Still waiting for that stud d to have me invested in this team.

Hopefully petry continues his stellar play. Go habs go.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Its so obvious what they need to do
Tatar-Domi-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Lekhonen
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki
Cousins-Thompson-Weal

Further down the line
Poehling-Domi-gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Armia/Lekhonen
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki
Cousins-Thompson-Lekhonen/Armia
Weal as extra

Fixes many problem the team has.
1) Byron is shipped out because he's redundant at this point and he still has good value
2) Gally isolates Domi defensively and Poehling isolates the two smaller ones on size
3)Danault is finally broken off Gallagher and he still gets to produce a good bit and play shutdown with Tatar and Armia or Lekhonen
4) It gives Domi wingers, fina-****ing-lee.
5) Makes an offensive line out of the third and it isolates Drouin defensively with two good defensive forwards (Although they are young.)

We are 4th in goals for in the nhl, and 2 of the 3 teams ahead of us played more games.
There is nothing "obvious" in making drastic changes to our forward lines.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’ve been trying to watch more habs game this year. I like when we have a few young guys in the lineup trying to develop, but I’m still trying to get over the Markov treatment and subban (don’t mind he was traded) for Weber.

Watching domi, sukuzi and Kotkaniemi is turning it around for me. Still waiting for that stud d to have me invested in this team.

A Nedved sighting! Will he make it rain? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gravity and Nedved

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
In the NHL. It would be a top 15 line, easily. I see all three posting 60+ points if they stick together and get decent playtime.
None of those players are elite, and it's not an elite line.

Reactions: Nedved

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We are 4th in goals for in the nhl, and 2 of the 3 teams ahead of us played more games.
There is nothing "obvious" in making drastic changes to our forward lines.
If you don't watch games and just watch the boxscore, sure.

How did the Danault line score lately ?
Two Gallagher goals were absolute wtf, one where he was in front of the net alone and the defender lost the puck in front of him, another was a gift from allen. Gally scored a goal with Domi as his center.
How did Danault score his goals lately ? Two goals off his butt that were crazy ridiuculous rebounds, one was with Byron,
How did Tatar score his goals lately ? He scored one goal off a face off on another lucky bounce,

The line hasn't scored a single sustainable goal since the start of the year.

You can't just expect a line to have this kind of luck over a full season, their performance is sub-par and either they pick up their game or theyll stop producing.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
None of those players are elite, and it's not an elite line.
Gallagher is elite.

Domi is pushing towards the top 15 of centers, Id say he's close to it.

Tatar is a good complement but not elite for sure.

If a team ends up around the 10-15th best in the league, wouldn't you agree its elite ? Its semantics at this point so I don't really care, but thats what I meant.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

It's always best IMO to focus on the players. This team is full of guys who want to be here, and they're very young at forward and will be at D soon, and we're going to be fun to watch. Whether MB and CJ are around for it is the question.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If you don't watch games and just watch the boxscore, sure.

How did the Danault line score lately ?
Two Gallagher goals were absolute wtf, one where he was in front of the net alone and the defender lost the puck in front of him, another was a gift from allen. Gally scored a goal with Domi as his center.
How did Danault score his goals lately ? Two goals off his butt that were crazy ridiuculous rebounds, one was with Byron,
How did Tatar score his goals lately ? He scored one goal off a face off on another lucky bounce,

The line hasn't scored a single sustainable goal since the start of the year.

You can't just expect a line to have this kind of luck over a full season, their performance is sub-par and either they pick up their game or theyll stop producing.

lmao wtf
Did you now just realize that Gallagher and Danault mostly score ugly goals?
It's not luck, driving the net, going to the dirty areas, working hard, and being at the right place at the right time is what makes them capable of scoring those goals.

And are you pretending that last year did not happen? :huh: The 3 spent most of the season together and had great offensive season. Among the 4 lines, that line, by far, is the one likely to consistently produce at a good rate. Weird that you would target that trio, oh wait I know, its because a certain player plays on that line...

And as for your last sentence "you can't just expect a line to have this kind of luck over a full season", how does that matter now? The habs are currently one the best goalscoring team in the league, if they go on a dry spell, thats when you make changes. It makes literally no sense to make drastic changes right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad