Pre-Game Talk: SJS @ MTL | Punching the Sharks | Thurs. Oct. 24th, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree. Their PK is extremely passive, especially considering that the team is built on "speed". All I see if 4 guys standing in the box formation not doing very much. Even shot blocking has sucked ever since Jordie Benn left. (aaah... Jordie Benn)

It's fixable IMO but I was thinking about internal competition with the Habs.... We are not a puck battling team so I just wonder how practice playing against each other is an impact where it don't raise the competition level for them. For example: In practice, a few players might stand out playing against our own players but when we face other teams who are stronger than us overall, it's not the same result.

It's just very annoying when we are on the PK, we end up with the other team having puck possession for the majority of the PP in our our end. Our ability to cause disruption and clear the puck out of our end when we get our chances is very weak. That is the #1 problem to fix.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Maybe it's just my impression, but I thought Pavelski was destroying us in the past. I feel much more comfortable going against the Sharks without him in the lineup.

Reactions: angusyoung

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Has to be that. What else could it be? He didn't just suddenly fall off a cliff for no reason.

Shea Weber
Defense -- shoots R
Born Aug 14 1985 --Sicamous, BC [34 yrs. ago]
Height 6.04 -- Weight 230[193 cm/104 kg]
shea-weber-2020-45.jpg

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Honestly it makes sense that many players from that famous 2003 class are starting to fade. Even though there are players like Bergeron/Burns/Suter there are also exponentially more players like Staal/Perry/Pavelski/Getzlaf/Carter/Parise/Vanek that are showing their age (or have been for a few seasons). Heck, even a player like Nigel Dawes that has historically dominated the KHL is off to a slow start (by his standards). I see Weber as in between these groups , not washed up but not maintaining that high end skill set to be relied on as a top pairing D in today's NHL...I think Petry should become the teams number 1 RD and Weber reduced to a secondary but still important role.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Shea Weber

Defense -- shoots R
Born Aug 14 1985 --Sicamous, BC
[34 yrs. ago]
Height 6.04 -- Weight 230[193 cm/104 kg]
shea-weber-2020-45.jpg

:sarcasm:, honestly it makes sense lots of that famous 2003 class is starting to fade. Even though there is Bergeron/Burns there are also players like Staal/Perry/Vanek/Pavelski/Getzlaf/Carter/Parise that are showing their age (or have been for a few seasons).

I refuse to believe it. Shea Weber will never fade!

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Suzuki moved up to the first line today as Tatar left practice injured

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
If Tatar is out and Armia is in (as reported) , I think we see something like:

Armia - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Byron - KK - Lekhonen
Cousins - Thompson - Weal

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry (Kulak has historically looked his best with Petry)
Chiarot - Fleury

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
If Tatar is out and Armia is in (as reported) , I think we see something like:

Armia - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Byron - KK - Lekhonen
Cousins - Thompson - Weal

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry (Kulak has historically looked his best with Petry)
Chiarot - Fleury

According to RDS

BROSSARD, Qc - Le retour à l'entraînement de Joel Armia et le départ prématuré de Tomas Tatar, blessé à un pied, ont forcé l'entraîneur Claude Julien à refaire ses trios et il l'a admis, tout le monde est mieux de s'y habituer.
« Ça va arriver pendant toute la saison, parce que nous avons de la profondeur, a dit Julien, mercredi. Nous pouvons tenter plusieurs combinaisons. C'est un atout pour l'équipe. »
Nick Suzuki a participé à quelques exercices à la gauche de Phillip Danault et Brendan Gallagher après le départ de Tatar. Julien n'était pas encore en mesure d'offrir une mise à jour de l'état de santé de Tatar, qui a reçu un tir sur un pied.
Jonathan Drouin était de retour à la gauche de Max Domi, tandis qu'Armia était à leur droite. Jesperi Kotkaniemi avait Artturi Lehkonen et Paul Byron comme ailiers, et le quatrième trio était composé de Nate Thompson, Nick Cousins et Jordan Weal."

Clod just said that we gotta lotta depp

Reactions: Edgy

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
According to RDS

BROSSARD, Qc - Le retour à l'entraînement de Joel Armia et le départ prématuré de Tomas Tatar, blessé à un pied, ont forcé l'entraîneur Claude Julien à refaire ses trios et il l'a admis, tout le monde est mieux de s'y habituer.
« Ça va arriver pendant toute la saison, parce que nous avons de la profondeur, a dit Julien, mercredi. Nous pouvons tenter plusieurs combinaisons. C'est un atout pour l'équipe. »
Nick Suzuki a participé à quelques exercices à la gauche de Phillip Danault et Brendan Gallagher après le départ de Tatar. Julien n'était pas encore en mesure d'offrir une mise à jour de l'état de santé de Tatar, qui a reçu un tir sur un pied.
Jonathan Drouin était de retour à la gauche de Max Domi, tandis qu'Armia était à leur droite. Jesperi Kotkaniemi avait Artturi Lehkonen et Paul Byron comme ailiers, et le quatrième trio était composé de Nate Thompson, Nick Cousins et Jordan Weal."

Clod just said that we gotta lotta depp

Yet our 3rd overall pick still won't get top 6 ice-time...

Reactions: Edgy

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Why not take Lehkonen off the Domi line instead of Byron??

Byron Domi Suzuki

Or even better: Poehling Domi Suzuki

Or at least: Drouin Kk Suzuki
why not trade Lehkonen and call someone up instead

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Honestly, does he deserve it?

Skill begets skill , confidence matters and these are his formative years. There is no undo button and the tentative approach rarely produces maximum potential. Sometimes you need that confidence to figure things out in terms of adjusting his skillset to the NHL level. It's hard to get confident that you can be the go to guy when you have less ice-time than the journeyman Weal or even the reliable 2003 drafted Nate Thompson.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Skill begets skill , confidence matters and these are his formative years. There is no undo button and the tentative approach rarely produces maximum potential. Sometimes you need that confidence to figure things out in terms of adjusting his skillset to the NHL level. It's hard to get confident that you can be the go to guy when you have less ice-time than the journeyman Weal or even the reliable 2003 drafted Nate Thompson.
This is why I would advocate sending this barely 19 year old kid to Laval to play 20 minutes a night. He is being mismanaged.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
So is Suzuki on right of Domi and Drouin or is he on the left of Danault and Gally? Should be interesting either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad