Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Kotkaniemi isn't a rookie
When exactly does one stop being a rookie? Being with the team a whole season? Or by the number of minutes played?

I still consider him a rookie (sophomore I guess), at 19 he's still pretty green.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Po

Lucky points dont equal effectiveness the eye test tells you otherwise

What are lucky points? I know what lucky charms are though,magically delicious.
images

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Po

Lucky points dont equal effectiveness the eye test tells you otherwise

They've had some rough shifts, no doubt, but all the numbers that get bandied around here so often say they're pretty effective so far. Good GF/GA per 60 numbers, 58 CF% etc

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
When exactly does one stop being a rookie? Being with the team a whole season? Or by the number of minutes played?

I still consider him a rookie (sophomore I guess), at 19 he's still pretty green.
    • a member of an athletic team in his or her first full season in that sport.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
A forward thinking GM would find a spot for Ryan Poehling.
Guys like Byron or Lehkonen are easily expendable.

After missing a good chunk of camp I think the AHL was the best route for Poehling to get back to game speed, and I think his initial struggles on the stat sheet reflect that. He will be in the NHL before long.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
A forward thinking GM would find a spot for Ryan Poehling.
Guys like Byron or Lehkonen are easily expendable.
Lehkonen should be traded imo. He works his ass off but has IQ issues, his goalscoring ability is non-existent and he doesn't make up for it in terms of other offensive aspects like playmaking. In addition, I find him overrated defensively.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I honestly don't think a trade needs to be done. Just sit Weal and and Cousins, waive Reilly.

Should they really keep rolling with Mete at first pairing? He doesn’t belong there and they don’t have anyone who is a bona fide 1st pairing LD. The situation is begging for a trade.

Reactions: Edgy

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I noticed that Clod had Suzuki kill penalties last couple of games. I don't know how to interpret that. Is it a sign that Clod has a high degree of confidence in him, sees him as a versatile skilled player that can be used in any situation, or is Clod grooming him to be another Nate Thompson?

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Lehkonen should be traded imo. He works his ass off but has IQ issues, his goalscoring ability is non-existent and he doesn't make up for it in terms of other offensive aspects like playmaking. In addition, I find him overrated defensively.

Lehkonen does have offensive talent, especially a scoring touch. The problem as I see it is that he's being molded and used as a defensive forward profusely and that doesn't mix well with trying to develop offensive potential.

Reactions: Runner77

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lehkonen does have offensive talent, especially a scoring touch. The problem as I see it is that he's being molded and used as a defensive forward profusely and that doesn't mix well with trying to develop offensive potential.
I can't agree. He's been given many chances to produce and he has sucked every single time. The chances he misses are absolutely ridiculous for an NHLer.

Reactions: Tyson

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I can't agree. He's been given many chances to produce and he has sucked every single time. The chances he misses are absolutely ridiculous for an NHLer.
Hes a third liner and he produces like a third liner, end of story. The fact he's used as a 2nd line winger is not his fault, nor does it make him a must-trade, it means they need to add onto him.

Reactions: Edgy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad