GDT: SJ @ COL 7PM MT: It Still Wasn't Offside

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Solid win, I don't think they played as good as last game, but were the better team and deserved to win. I do think some of it had to do with how poor the Sharks were though, they reminded me of us when we had all that veteran talent and knew they were never going to be cut (aka loss of hunger). Because of that, they decided to show up with half-arse effort and looked a step behind the play everywhere. They might be a team which is one offseason away from a major rebuild.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Fun win, but man is SJ a bad team. They didn’t look engaged at all, they almost looked as bad as the Avs did against the Rangers.

That Cale Makar shot looks more amazing the more you look at it. Just astounding vision and an ability to maneuver.

Landeskog was about the only guy for the Avs I thought had a bad game. I want to say EJ didn’t play much at all because I really didn’t see him much. Haven’t looked at ice time though.

Grubauer wasn’t challenged a ton but hey, a shutout is a shutout.

Now BUILD off this.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
On the one hand, I get it, but on the other, why is it ok for us to fawn over grown men for the genetic gift of athleticism, but not women for the genetic gift of beauty?
Partly because players making the NHL is not just a matter of genetics. There is a lifetime of work required to make it.

Have we scored at all in the 3rd this season?
45 times.

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Stephane Yelle remains my favourite bottom 6 guy with Andrei Nikolishin not far behind.

Only brings me back on his 2009 return where he looked like a shell of his former self. Loved the guy as well back in the day. So pissed he was traded away along with Drury for what I would say was "nothing"

Drury and Yelle for: Morris, Dean McAmmond and Jeff Shantz. WORST TRADE EVER.

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Especially since it's mostly due to translation and being German.

tumblr_mr90rfwTDy1sy769zo9_400.gif

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Win the corsi, WIN THE GAME. I guess that really is the best way to do it. Nice to finally have both for once.

Also, nice to get a win while Mack is held off the scoresheet. That’s rare.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Strange times when a solid win against the Sharks doesn't really tell us much about where Avs are, since it's an expected result.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
This guy is all kinds of awesome. My favorite Avs bottom 6er since the glory days.
For sure. Good skill level, tough as nails, and a genuinely nice guy. Kind of like a very poor man’s Iginla.

Career year at 30 seems like a fluke, but he did go to a summer skills camp this year put on by his buddies, and it seems like it’s paying off.

Reactions: AvsGuy

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
On the one hand, I get it, but on the other, why is it ok for us to fawn over grown men for the genetic gift of athleticism, but not women for the genetic gift of beauty?
For me the key difference is the context in which their genetic gifts are on show. The hockey players are there showcasing their genetic gift of athleticism. Lauren is there to be a professional rinkside reporter, not to put her genetic good looks on show. Rather than people commenting on her ability to ask good questions and get exclusives with the team, it's always a comment on how good she looks. That's pretty demeaning because she's spent years of her life gaining experience doing what she does, but all she's good for is eye candy or at least all she is acknowledged for is that.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Good game/win, rock solid 60 minutes all around. No complains here.

But can someone explain to me why we pay Mikko 9+ million? All things concidered HE is the biggest disappointment of the season. And i used to love that guy.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Only brings me back on his 2009 return where he looked like a shell of his former self. Loved the guy as well back in the day. So pissed he was traded away along with Drury for what I would say was "nothing"

Drury and Yelle for: Morris, Dean McAmmond and Jeff Shantz. WORST TRADE EVER.

I remember reading about that trade, and even with my limited hockey knowledge at the time thinking:

source.gif

Derek Morris was supposed to be the next great Avs defenseman, and yet within a year we'd seen enough to ship him AND a young Keith Ballard for the corpses of Chris Gratton and Ossi Vaananen. Fortunately we salvaged Paul Stastny out of the pick in that deal.

We thought we were going all in at the deadline that year (04) by adding guys like Matthew Barnaby and Tommy Salo. The amount of "names" on that roster only to get manhandled by the Sharks in the second round will bother me forever.

Reactions: crue7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad