GDT: SJ @ COL 7PM MT: It Still Wasn't Offside

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Maybe she's not that good at her job?

Jost works hard but almost no one compliments him on his play. Because he's objectively quite Jostian at his job.

I don't watch the intermission stuff so I don't see much of her aside from in game. So have no idea how good or bad her interviewing skills are.

But maybe she's the Jost of hockey broadcasters?

Sure, but the equivalent would be us talking about how sexy Jost is, as opposed to everyone hating on how bad he is on the ice.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Sure, but the equivalent would be us talking about how sexy Jost is, as opposed to everyone hating on how bad he is on the ice.

This just isn't true. We comment about the interviews and off-ice stuff that players do all the time. I've seen comments about how ugly players are, how "ripped" they are and other physical qualities of which some have absolutely nothing to do with their on-ice job.

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Steve Konowalchuk is the best bottom-sixer the Avs have ever had. End of story.

And the worst trade the Avs ever made was Fleury for Regehr. It cost them a franchise defender who would've stabilized the team for at least one more Cup run, maybe two.
I considered him a top 6 guy atleast when he played here but yah I love Kono. We traded Jonas Johansson for him lol I don't think Jonas ever played an NHL game did he?

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
The quote that everyone jumped on Gru for was ended with Gru saying, “for a team to be successful we all have to be on the same page as a team and a group and it starts in goal.” Dater being the ****ty reporter he is cut that part off because it gets less clicks.
Thanks for that... what a click bait d-bag.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Steve Konowalchuk is the best bottom-sixer the Avs have ever had. End of story.

And the worst trade the Avs ever made was Fleury for Regehr. It cost them a franchise defender who would've stabilized the team for at least one more Cup run, maybe two.

His two years as a Winterhawk were pretty amazing. 94 goals and 196 assists.

Reactions: Pokecheque

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Last night they gave everyone these cards. I thought they were kinda cool so I'm posting them for you guys to see.
20200117_135041.jpg
20200117_135740.jpg

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I found two interesting things about last night's game.

1. It's probably been mentioned already but holy hell the Avs destroyed the Sharks in the faceoff dot. Even Jumbo Joe was barely above 30%. I thought he was supposed to be good at that! BTW, both he and Marleau looked slow as hell and both were ineffective, though it was kinda hard to find a Shark who really was.

2. I thought for sure EJ had his minutes limited in this game like the previous two, but he had the third most among Avs defenders and only around six seconds less than Makar. It was Graves who had his ice time severely curtailed at just above 16 minutes, which was way below what even bottom-pairing guys Cole and Zadorov got. That's kinda what should probably happen a lot more going forward as Graves looked a lot better in limited usage. Personally I thought EJ looked fine, better than he did in the previous game, though it could just be my own perception on this.

Reactions: sethro109

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Pronunciation of Sammy’s name is all kind of wrong.
Yeah I don't get it. The pronounciation thing is there so people can pronounce it the way it's supposed to be.

For starters the D at the end of his name is silent. How could they miss that? It's like they asked Moser or something.

Reactions: Metallo

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Posted like a true champion. If we could only get you on the "hate Jost" bandwagon.... :sarcasm:

I watched him live back in Penticton for every home game, so I'll never hate my baby boy. There's too much local pride associated with it. I'm also rooting for Dante Fabbro with the Preds and Tychonick with the Sens.

EDIT: I'd also like to let you know that you're free of your Jost avatar duties as it's been over 20 games since his hatty. I think you know that but you secretly like him. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->