Post-Game Talk: Sitting Ducks tonight 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Oh man...winter classic Karlsson Jerseys are on sale here at the arena for 129.99 from 259.99...should i buy it?!

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Hearing about how bad the Ducks... I don't give a shit, I don't feel bad one bit for them... Look at what we've gone through in the last year.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Boucher is more qualified for his job than Dorion is for his.

Boucher was an in demand free agent coach when he was hired. Dorion was promoted from within and arguably was in the right organization at the right time. I could be wrong, but I am not sure that he was ever considered for any GM jobs beyond our own.

I will never understand some of the choices Boucher made going into the 17-18 season. He ran the exact same system despite not having the personnel for it. Played guys like Chabot, Harpur, and Claesson on their off side to try and keep the system going. We played much worse than our roster should have been last season. This season we're bad, but it's because our roster stinks.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Boucher was an in demand free agent coach when he was hired. Dorion was promoted from within and arguably was in the right organization at the right time. I could be wrong, but I am not sure that he was ever considered for any GM jobs beyond our own.

I will never understand some of the choices Boucher made going into the 17-18 season. He ran the exact same system despite not having the personnel for it. Played guys like Chabot, Harpur, and Claesson on their off side to try and keep the system going. We played much worse than our roster should have been last season. This season we're bad, but it's because our roster stinks.

Not saying he's good at it.. just comparatively more qualified

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Boucher was in demand?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Boucher was in demand?

Yes.

He was hours away from becoming the Leafs head coach before Babcock turned out to be using Buffalo as leverage, he was then offered a job on Babcock's staff as an A-Coach. Babcock had previously offered him an a-coach spot in Detroit. Boucher refused it because there was a reasonably high chance he'd be offered another head coaching job, which he was by Ottawa.

The weird thing is, you'd think that backstory would have been a lot more publicized when Boucher was hired by Ottawa. I don't think I've ever heard it mentioned on a broadcast of a Leafs/Sens game, even back in his first season with Ottawa when it would have been relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad