Post-Game Talk: Sitting Ducks tonight 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Yes.

He was hours away from becoming the Leafs head coach before Babcock turned out to be using Buffalo as leverage, he was then offered a job on Babcock's staff as an A-Coach. Babcock had previously offered him an a-coach spot in Detroit. Boucher refused it because there was a reasonably high chance he'd be offered another head coaching job, which he was by Ottawa.

The weird thing is, you'd think that backstory would have been a lot more publicized when Boucher was hired by Ottawa. I don't think I've ever heard it mentioned on a broadcast of a Leafs/Sens game, even back in his first season with Ottawa when it would have been relevant.

Yeah I don't remember that at all. I do remember how he was coaching on another continent though. ;)

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I'm watching the Jets and Sens game both at the same time and I would love to see Duchene or Stone on their roster. Duchene would probably be the player they need more because he's a C. Wonder what they would offer up. Too bad they don't have any scouts at our game.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'm surprised how Nilsson gets so low to the ice for a big guy. He is trying to cover the bottom of the net but he scrunches down so much he negates much of his height advantage.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Imagine this - Carlyle is sacked by the Ducks in the offseason and we are also searching for a new coach. Melnyk hears the fanbase's calls for an experienced coach and hires him :facepalm:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Imagine this - Carlyle is sacked by the Ducks in the offseason and we are also searching for a new coach. Melnyk hears the fanbase's calls for an experienced coach and hires him :facepalm:

Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to getting a hardass like Carlyle for two years, while we crater and amass picks.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to getting a hardass like Carlyle for two years, while we crater and amass picks.

He seems like he'd be a good tank commander. But I'd like to see a coach hired who they expect to be here long term and instill good habits in the young players we already have

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He seems like he'd be a good tank commander. But I'd like to see a coach hired who they expect to be here long term and instill good habits in the young players we already have

Carlyle and Mann as an assistant. Promote Mann after year two or three?

Whoever it is, it needs to be someone who can get this team to play defense/ as a five-man unit properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad