Since when are games only 60mins? Oil win 4-2!

Oct 15, 2008
Also do you think Lander plays between Poo and Ebs? He does have the highest offensive potential out of hendricks/letestu/Lander

I would start the game

Hall-Drastaitl-Purcell
Pouliot-Lander-Eberle
Kassian-Letestu-Yakupov
Gazdic-Hendricks-Pakarinen

He has zero goals and 2 assists in over 40 games. His offensive potential is an outhouse on a hot summer day.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Honestly the team should have just singed Roy to a 1yr deal for this very reason. That and he would probably contribute a hell of a lot more offensively in a bottom 6 role than any of our current bottom 6 players.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
Honestly the team should have just singed Roy to a 1yr deal for this very reason. That and he would probably contribute a hell of a lot more offensively in a bottom 6 role than any of our current bottom 6 players.

Hard to plan for your two best centres being out

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd take a shot on Cody Hodgson. Had two solid seasons not that long ago and played with Eberle and Hall at the World Juniors I think.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Hard to plan for your two best centres being out

He could have been a winger and still be more productive than our current bottom 6. If Lander had played like he is right now they probably would have signed Roy. A lot of posters, myself included, wanted him signed just because of the chemistry he showed with Yak. Yak probably would have been way more productive during his time without Mcdavid if he was flanked by Roy instead of Letestu or Lander.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
He could have been a winger and still be more productive than our current bottom 6. If Lander had played like he is right now they probably would have signed Roy. A lot of posters, myself included, wanted him signed just because of the chemistry he showed with Yak. Yak probably would have been way more productive during his time without Mcdavid if he was flanked by Roy instead of Letestu or Lander.

The reality is that Roy didn't land a spot on any NHL team. He was given a golden opportunity to fill a center spot in Washington, who were looking for another center, and they declined to sign him beyond a camp tryout.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Its impossible to plan for the loss of both 1st and 2nd line centres. Also there was no room for Roy on this team.

It doesnt need more small soft forwards....it needs less.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
So best case scenario is an injury similar to Barkov and Gallagher's hand injuries. Both players missed around 4-5 weeks. Barkov did not require surgery and was out just less than 4 weeks, whereas Gallagher did require surgery and was out for just more than 5 weeks. The only silver lining to such an injury is that a significant amount of the time would be covered by the Oilers 9 day break for the All-Star game.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Iiro Pakarinen should get some credit, he's been playing really good lately. He's battling hard in the corners, in both ends of the rink. He's been physical and always finishes his checks.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
This season must be the result of the universe balancing itself after such an amazingly fortunate off-season.

Hopefully things will be back in order next year...

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I don't know how many of you focus on Davidson's play- but his defensive play has been REALLY good over the past month or so. Nothing spectacular but he makes the right play almost every single time. He's way better on the breakout than Schultz, and my favorite thing about him is that there are times when he just shuts down a cycle by pinning a guy against the boards and freeing the puck. Its incredible to see, especially after years of watching dmen wave their sticks at the puck while its being cycled. I was pleasantly surprised when he made the team- but he is looking like he has more than just bottom pair potential. He's been easily our best Dman after Sekera since Klefbom's injury. And on nights like tonight, better than Sekera too.

On another note, Nurse has been struggling, and he's not playing as assertive or confident as when he was first called up. Hopefully he gets through this funk

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
So best case scenario is an injury similar to Barkov and Gallagher's hand injuries. Both players missed around 4-5 weeks. Barkov did not require surgery and was out just less than 4 weeks, whereas Gallagher did require surgery and was out for just more than 5 weeks. The only silver lining to such an injury is that a significant amount of the time would be covered by the Oilers 9 day break for the All-Star game.
Wasn't Gallagher's injury a finger?

Oct 30, 2011
This could have been a game Nuge could build on. He was dogged out there against bigger players. He made a bad decision on the shot block, but same thing has happened to many a player.

Lander does not replace Nuge at all going forward. It's probably going to be Hendricks moving up into the slot between Eberle and Pouliot.

It's just a patch job till Mcdavid is back.

After he does get back, I would think about

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Kassian-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-Hendricks-Eberle
Lander-Letestu-Pakarinen

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
I don't know how many of you focus on Davidson's play- but his defensive play has been REALLY good over the past month or so. Nothing spectacular but he makes the right play almost every single time. He's way better on the breakout than Schultz, and my favorite thing about him is that there are times when he just shuts down a cycle by pinning a guy against the boards and freeing the puck.

I agree with you, and one particular play I noticed during this game is that he did the bolded defensive play against Jagr in the middle of the third period. That's still not easy to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad