Since when are games only 60mins? Oil win 4-2!

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
Wow their were a lot of empty seats there. Sekera jeebus man can we play an entire game without the brain farts. I was not a fan of Hendricks having to fight that idiot from Fla again. How many times to you get to have retribution? Big 2 points from regulation

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
nope they will sign me, put me in net and put Talbot at center

this is me in net

pandafooty.gif.gif

You are CUTE!

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I thought Davidson and Gryba looked VERY good together tonight, and actually have been looking good for a while -- especially Davidson. He happened to lead the team in icetime tonight with 22:19 played, and was a +2, while Gryba was 3rd among the team and 2nd among Dmen with 21:03 played. I think Davidson has looked like our best Dman for a while now. Even that game which he gave away the puck in OT which resulted in a goal against, he was near flawless in that game aside from that one mistake. If he can keep this up I think we may have uncovered a diamond in the rough. He's really looking like a damn solid 2nd pairing guy.

Maybe we have our trade chip on D that the Isles want for Hamonic? Though I would be loathe to trade him after he's been so good for us the past while. Perhaps better than anyone else on D.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Good to see Hendricks answer the call for his cheap hit on Ekblad.
There was never any question as to whether Hendricks would be willing to face the music.
Too bad he had to draw Gudbranson. No chance for Hendricks there. He's just lucky he didn't suffer a worse beating.

oilz89*

He's made a lot of mistakes in the last handful of games that have been pointed out by multiple posters. Not as if this is the first bad game he's played lately.

Hey he improved for quite awhile but when a player makes half a dozen bonehead plays in a game its hard not to notice.

Both telecasts pointed it out as well.

On tonight I agree. The rest i'm not sure on. Last game Schultz and Nurse were pretty horrific

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007

Well that answers my question. Which defenseman goes down next? Or will it be Talbot? Cursed team.

pout-o.gif

But the good part:
- Regulation win!
-Scored 3 goals.
-Hall snapped out of his slump in a big way.
-Talbot was terrific again.

Happy-Dance-GIF.gif

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Also do you think Lander plays between Poo and Ebs? He does have the highest offensive potential out of hendricks/letestu/Lander

I would start the game

Hall-Drastaitl-Purcell
Pouliot-Lander-Eberle
Kassian-Letestu-Yakupov
Gazdic-Hendricks-Pakarinen

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Also do you think Lander plays between Poo and Ebs? He does have the highest offensive potential out of hendricks/letestu/Lander

I would start the game

Hall-Drastaitl-Purcell
Pouliot-Lander-Eberle
Kassian-Letestu-Yakupov
Gazdic-Hendricks-Pakarinen
Switch Lander and Hendricks.

Lander is a black hole and would kill any offensive chances Pouliot and Eberle create.

1990*

Option D)

Get Andy Miller on a plane this evening. It's only eleven hours from California to Tampa; he can sleep on the flight :cry:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
do u guys think Talbot starts tomorrow

Very small chance. They don't want their latest signed asset to get injured, so I think it's very likely that Nilsson gets the nod. Only way Talbot gets the start is if McLellan gives him the option to do so if he's feeling really good. But I doubt it happens.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Wow their were a lot of empty seats there. Sekera jeebus man can we play an entire game without the brain farts. I was not a fan of Hendricks having to fight that idiot from Fla again. How many times to you get to have retribution? Big 2 points from regulation

It just kills me to see a team fighting for first in their division, playoffs well in sight, and the crowd is pathetic.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
What can you say about our ****ing injury troubles. It's unbelievable, yet so believable because Oilers. I guess we have to fire our entire medical staff again, and replace the Gatorade with milk.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Oh **** off. Nuke this season into orbit already. I hate this ****, sick of it.

Well, I guess we'll get to see how the Oilers will look if they trade Nuge.

when McJesus is back in full swing, we'll be fine.

But if Nuge is traded for D help, a third line centre absolutely has to be brought in. If he makes it to UFA, Darren Helm could be a lot of help. Vernon Fiddler isn't a bad option as well. Helm is a better fit.
In two offseasons:

McDavid, Sekera, Talbot & Nilsson
Helm and Hamonic (Or someone of his calibre)

Those are serious upgrades.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
when McJesus is back in full swing, we'll be fine.

But if Nuge is traded for D help, a third line centre absolutely has to be brought in. If he makes it to UFA, Darren Helm could be a lot of help. Vernon Fiddler isn't a bad option as well. Helm is a better fit.
In two offseasons:

McDavid, Sekera, Talbot & Nilsson
Helm and Hamonic (Or someone of his calibre)

Those are serious upgrades.

We'll see. I think Nuge is more important to this team than people think even with the struggles. Guys like Helm and Fiddler or more Letestu level than Nuge level.

Either way, it's hard to look that far ahead. It just really sucks right now and here I was foolish for being elated at the news that Klefbom is returning right after the ASB and to finally see a healthy team but of course we can never have good things so.... yeah.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
There was never any question as to whether Hendricks would be willing to face the music.
Too bad he had to draw Gudbranson. No chance for Hendricks there. He's just lucky he didn't suffer a worse beating.

Hendricks is a character player. He knew he was going to get beat down for what he did in the previous game.

Much respect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad