Since when are games only 60mins? Oil win 4-2!

oilz89*

Random thoughts.

Sekeras worst game in months. Weird response to Gene in the intermission. You would think he would have just said something more responsible.

Schultz invisible in the best way.

Nurse. I can't believe he made the exact same mistake to give Florida a PP. That's bad but otherwise his game was not too bad. Seems to be struggling a bit overall.

The rest of the D good.

Talbot amazing. Certainly wanted to prove his contract and damn is it nice to see that from a newly signed net minder.

Hall, Dria, Purcell great.

Hope RNH isn't out long. Solid game by Ebs and Poo.

Paki had his best game of the year IMO.

Kassian solid again. Hope he pops soon to get rolling offensively.

Letestu solid. Gazdic meh.

Hendricks was awesome in that game. His handling of the situation was classy and I believe set the tone for the win. Played great on the PK. Just a great game from a heart and soul guy.

Yak. Got a little lucky on breaking up an almost sure goal by Jagr. If that was someone faster he might not have done it but I have to give credit where credit is due. He stopped a dangerous play in the defensive zone. Might be the first time I have ever seen that. Looked dangerous all night. Needs to bury one of those tho. Hope he didn't reaggravate his ankle.

Refs showing some bias early but calmed down as the game went on.

lol what did Sekera say? I didn't watch it

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Some fault must be put on Nuge, the way he blocked the shot was just stupid. I understand hockey is a fast game but still

Listening the announcer saying that was painful and 20/20 hindsight, you can be in perfect position and form to block a shot and still get one in the teeth. If you block a lot of shots the chances of getting hurt are very high, just ask the Canucks when Tortorella turned them into a shot blocking team.

MPStoEberletoHall*

lol what did Sekera say? I didn't watch it

Got asked if he thinks he has the responsibility of being a leader with some of the young guys on the backend.. he responded along the lines of no he doesn't, that they have been playing hockey for a long time or something and he doesn't have to teach them.

I kind of forget. Someone help me out?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Good to see Hendricks answer the call for his cheap hit on Ekblad.

Very good game by Talbot. Finally a road win.

oilz89*

Got asked if he thinks he has the responsibility of being a leader with some of the young guys on the backend.. he responded along the lines of no he doesn't, that they have been playing hockey for a long time or something and he doesn't have to teach them.

I kind of forget. Someone help me out?

lol wut?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
October: Eberle injured.
November: McDavid injured.
December: Klefbom injured.
January: Nuge injured.

****ing cursed.

this year really is void of any luck. they just can't get a break. they probably would have made the playoffs with just average man-games lost (still might, tho unlikely, especially now).

its just unbelievable.

oilz89*

this year really is void of any luck. they just can't get a break. they probably would have made the playoffs with just average man-games lost (still might, tho unlikely, especially now).

its just unbelievable.

I swear I'm gonna believe that were cursed. Only way to get out of this predicament is to not have a top 10 pick. Just trade it or lets play ourselves out of the bottom 10

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo we can win games with McDavid-Drai down the middle in the top six. Letestu-Lander-Hendricks can be good bottom six centers.

Hopefully we can get some points in the last 3 games before the all star break.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
So with Nuge out we will get to see how Mcdavid and Drai can hold down the fort on their own. I am a little worried this means Yak is saddled to Letestu. I would love to see this team with a full lineup at least once before the trade deadline/end of the season barring major trade but fear it will never happen.

well, it aint happening. they will not be able to field their actually starting lineup in a single game this season. that does happen, but usually its when a key player is out early, for the season.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Imo we can win games with McDavid-Drai down the middle in the top six. Letestu-Lander-Hendricks can be good bottom six centers.

Hopefully we can get some points in the last 3 games before the all star break.

If Klefbom actually comes back after the all star break, that would probably give our back end a much needed boost. But our forward lineup for the next 3 games will be total dumpster fire lol

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
So with Nuge out we will get to see how Mcdavid and Drai can hold down the fort on their own. I am a little worried this means Yak is saddled to Letestu. I would love to see this team with a full lineup at least once before the trade deadline/end of the season barring major trade but fear it will never happen.

McLellan has already hinted that McDavid will be playing with Yak when he returns.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
After the second goal went in and it looked like the Oilers were going to gas another one, I was pretty impressed with how they locked it down.

Pucks were cleared smartly on almost every opportunity to get it out without icing it. Forwards got it to the red line, then dumped and changed. No silly passes, no pretty plays, just simple, easy lock down hockey. First time we have managed to do it properly all year.

Now if they had just started the 3rd that way....

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Nice win by the Oil and finally getting some offense and some more great goaltending from Talbot.

Topline on fire tonight. Several chances.

Gotta say it though. What on Earth is Sekera thinking in games like this? Just a spectacularly awful game loaded with mistakes. Starting in the first minute of play where he almost hands the Panthers a goal.

Goes on to make several blunders and be on ice and RESPONSIBLE for all the Panthers goals.

Just a garbage game from Sekera who is starting to look suspect again.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Nice win by the Oil and finally getting some offense and some more great goaltending from Talbot.

Gotta say it though. What on Earth is Sekera thinking in games like this? Just a spectacularly awful game loaded with mistakes. Starting in the first minute of play where he almost hands the Panthers a goal.

Goes on to make several blunders and be on ice and RESPONSIBLE for all the Panthers goals.

He seems to have one of these every 5-8 games or so. Goes from playing 27 very solid minutes against the Flames to being a complete disaster in 19 mins two nights later.

One would hope he can eliminate these types of nights, but it might unfortunately be a quirk that we'll have to accept (or mitigate) with this player. If we find a way to add a bit more depth to the D I bet that these kinds of nights from Sekera will become less frequent or less noticeable.

oilz89*

After only 1 game? After being the only decent dman in the last month for the Oilers, I think he should have more then just one chance to get suspect again

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
He seems to have one of these every 5-8 games or so. Goes from playing 27 very solid minutes against the Flames to being a complete disaster in 19 mins two nights later.

One would hope he can eliminate these types of nights, but it might unfortunately be a quirk that we'll have to accept (or mitigate) with this player. If we find a way to add a bit more depth to the D I bet that these kinds of nights from Sekera will become less frequent or less noticeable.
Yeah, I'm really getting Janne Ninnimaa vibes with Sekera. A guy that could handle the puck and had all kinds of skill but also capable of the biggest brainfarts imaginable.

Luckily it didn't burn us tonight but he was just horrid. From his opening shift.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
After only 1 game? After being the only decent dman in the last month for the Oilers, I think he should have more then just one chance to get suspect again

He's made a lot of mistakes in the last handful of games that have been pointed out by multiple posters. Not as if this is the first bad game he's played lately.

Hey he improved for quite awhile but when a player makes half a dozen bonehead plays in a game its hard not to notice.

Both telecasts pointed it out as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad