Injury Report: Simmonds: Tests show a concussion. ("Should play tomorrow (Feb. 9)," per Sam @ Inq.)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
yep a guy who can do more then just throw em. A guy that wont tolerate that kind of garbage. I want Erskine to have to answer for what he did. Should of handled it the other night. A Shawn Thornton type player.

Derek Mathers is probably the guy they call up from the minors when they need to next year. Or they sign someone in the offseason.

It's kind of weird really having no tough guy on the Flyers.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Derek Mathers is probably the guy they call up from the minors when they need to next year. Or they sign someone in the offseason.

It's kind of weird really having no tough guy on the Flyers.

i know some people will always love the goons, but the time has passed on having guys that can just fight. There are some left around Scott, Westgarth on other teams. Most teams have realized you need some skill with that toughness.
If you want to call a guy like that up for certian situations then fine i could live with it. I dont want guys like that taking up every day roster space.
Dont get me wrong, I love fighting, and there will be a need for it. I just rather have skill with the toughness.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No tough guys?

What do you call Rinaldo? I'm pretty sure hes our "tough guy" behind Sestio and Shelley. Theres a ton of dudes in the Phantoms that can throw em too.

I like Zac. He'll fight anybody, but he usually loses more than he wins them.

I want a guy that teams fear and know not to mess around when he's in the lineup. We currently do not have anyone like that.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Everyone took notice when dave brown was on the ice. No one was safe. Also Hextall was quite an enforcer as well, and psychotic which played to his advantage.

Primary Assist*

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull

:help:

Mod edit:

From NHL.com: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=653833&navid=nhl:topheads

The biggest story here is that ANYONE on this board would actually believe a preliminary diagnosis from the quack training/medical staff of this team. How many times in the past have they completely screwed up on concussion diagnoses? They must scan the graduating medical school classes of local universities, and hire only the bottom 2% for their staff. Have they EVER gotten a diagnosis correct?? Unreal.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
The thing with Dave Brown was that he prevented alot of that stuff. Just knowing you had to answer to Brown put the fear into guys.

The caps color guy a while back said in the 80's he put a good hit on mark howe, and when got near the flyers bench after a whistle he heard Dave Brown say "you will not hit mark howe again" and he looked and saw Dave's serious face and said "yes sir, I won't"

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm only 22, but I guess I would have to say Brashear was the best enforcer for the Flyers during my time watching them.

I agree 100% but I'm also only 22.

The thing with Dave Brown was that he prevented alot of that stuff. Just knowing you had to answer to Brown put the fear into guys.

The caps color guy a while back said in the 80's he put a good hit on mark howe, and when got near the flyers bench after a whistle he heard Dave Brown say "you will not hit mark howe again" and he looked and saw Dave's serious face and said "yes sir, I won't"

:laugh: that great. i love hearing those types of stories. i know people suggested reading keith jones' book for that reason but i never got around to it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

:laugh: that great. i love hearing those types of stories. i know people suggested reading keith jones' book for that reason but i never got around to it.

I honestly can't remember a fight where you can say he clearly lost during his time here. His fight with Domi (around the time Domi and the fan in penalty box incident) and the brawl with Ottawa are things that come to mind when I think about his time here.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Some of the announcers were talking during a Boston playoff series, I forget which. One asked something like "what is it like being in the same building as Bobby Clarke?" The other replied "I bleed instantly."

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Damn, that's bad news. I was a bit cautious as to whether he's really as good as last year suggested, but after watching him play these first few games, he really does bring a lot to the table. I think he's already sorely missed.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Monday's (Feb. 4) practice started at 11 a.m.; Simmonds was not among the participants.

Lines for Monday:
(source: Randy Miller)
15-28-48
24-14-9
32-10-93
26-25-36

Also, the team will issue another update on Simmonds' status at some point today.

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Guess they had enough of Talbot in top 9. Seriously I shold stop hating on him, but offensively he is creating nothing.

Sestito will create space I guess, but I guess they want him to be the "Knuble" on that line. Atleast Lavy is not doing the "Dan Carcillo" by putting Rinaldo on the top lines.

RJ8812*

Voracek has been such a dissapointment this year. I really hope last game was a stepping stone to him finding his game

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Monday's (Feb. 4) practice started at 11 a.m.; Simmonds was not among the participants.

Lines for Monday:
(source: Randy Miller)
15-28-48
24-14-9
32-10-93
26-25-36

Also, the team will issue another update on Simmonds' status at some point today.

Fedotenko and Talbot played more than B. Schenn and Voracek, and Rinaldo played more than Sestito, so maybe that is the third line, not fourth. :sarcasm:

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Guess they had enough of Talbot in top 9. Seriously I shold stop hating on him, but offensively he is creating nothing.

Sestito will create space I guess, but I guess they want him to be the "Knuble" on that line. Atleast Lavy is not doing the "Dan Carcillo" by putting Rinaldo on the top lines.

Talbot is a great role player, but we can't expect 18 goals from him every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad