Injury Report: Simmonds: Tests show a concussion. ("Should play tomorrow (Feb. 9)," per Sam @ Inq.)

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
What is the longest suspension a first-timer has been given under shanahan's reign, say, in the last two years?

Honestly I was surprised it was so high, given all the ridiculous 1's and 2's he's been giving out since I started watching the videos a year or two ago.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What is the longest suspension a first-timer has been given under shanahan's reign, say, in the last two years?

Honestly I was surprised it was so high, given all the ridiculous 1's and 2's he's been giving out since I started watching the videos a year or two ago.

Any suspension longer than 5 games requires a larger review, so I assume Shanny and the NHL won't be handing out anything longer.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
By first-timer I mean a player with no "history". That's by far the biggest problem in my opinion. Shanahan's idiotic attempts to placate the "let em play" crowd is to factor in "history" way more than is reasonable.

For Erskine, I would have given it
1 game - 55%
2 games - 35%
3 games - 9%
The correct amount - 1%

I was just wondering if there's any evidence to the contrary. Again, limiting it to the last couple of seasons, since the system - along with the rhetoric about head injuries - has been evolving.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
By first-timer I mean a player with no "history". That's by far the biggest problem in my opinion. Shanahan's idiotic attempts to placate the "let em play" crowd is to factor in "history" way more than is reasonable.

For Erskine, I would have given it
1 game - 55%
2 games - 35%
3 games - 9%
The correct amount - 1%

I was just wondering if there's any evidence to the contrary. Again, limiting it to the last couple of seasons, since the system - along with the rhetoric about head injuries - has been evolving.

One way to do it...

Wikipedia lists the suspensions as such:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_NHL_suspensions_and_fines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_NHL_suspensions_and_fines

Match it to a player's name on TSN for prior suspensions.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Simmonds is not expected to play until Saturday at the earliest. The team started practice at noon today (Wednesday). (Source: Sam @ Inq.).

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The league missed a big opportunity during the CBA negotiations by keeping the same system in place. They should have established a committee.

I don't know what the process for amending that stuff is, but they need to to away with the whole Lord of Suspensions thing they have going on.

I missed/forgot that part of the negotiations. Was it even discussed?

5 games plus would of required Erskine for a face to face meeting.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
it is my understanding that a player can waive the face to face and still do it via phone, if they wish to

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Simmonds is practicing in normal jersey so that means probably will play tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad