Line Combos: Simmonds Appreciation

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Forget Free Agency. I'm thinking playoffs for this year. We can't afford to waste any more years. We have way too much talent on this team to not make it to the 2nd rd at least.

And yes I agree, Bennett would be that type of player for us. If Not Bennett, than maybe JT Miller from the Canucks?

I'm trying to think of more players who might fit the bill. Whart about Miles Wood?
Miles Wood would be a great add, I've wanted him for a while... only issue would be the 2 week quarantine. Can't see the Canucks moving Miller after last season

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
The moment I heard we signed Simmonds I was thrilled. He has not disappointed. In fact, I would even call him 'skilled'.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
the only shame is the fact that contract was 1 year and not 2. dude has given this team a lil extra swagger and has been nothing but a good thing

He's at the point in his career where if we wanted him back, we could just keep re-signing him to one year deals. He's made 33.5 mill in his career and nobody is going to give him a large contract at 33+ anymore. We are his hometown team and one of the best teams in the league, so it doesn't get much better than us for him.

I wouldn't be shocked if he just retires after he is done playing with us. He's a physical guy and will have likely played over 1000 games in the NHL by the time he is done, so I doubt he is really interested in travelling around anymore.

Reactions: Menzinger

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
He's been far better than I expected when we signed him. Been a huge add for this team and is easily a fan favourite. Hope his injury is nothing serious and we see him again on Monday and in a big game against the Habs on Wednesday.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I bought a jumbo jersey this year. I said to myself, If somehow they manage to win the cup, the storyline would be “do it for jumbo” ... I am having buyers remorse. I still love my jumbo jersey. But damn, I desperately want a simmonds jersey right about now. I’ve been missing a player like him since Darcy Tucker. Please stay after this year Wayne!!

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I think when everyone’s healthy I like

Thornton-Matthews-Marner
Nylander-Tavares-Simmonds
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Hyman
Vesey-Boyd-Spezza

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Bogosian

Andersen-Campbell

I think even putting Robertson on that 4th line might be smart

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I’m sure we’ll be able to re-sign him. I’d give him a multiple year deal after this, 2 years seems fair for both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad