Line Combos: Simmonds Appreciation

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I love how when Wayner scored last night he came back to the bench and looked down at Jack and was trying to fire him up. I'm not sure what he said to him, but it had to be something along the lines of "we got you". you just can't have enough of those type of guys in the lineup. Feel bad for Wayne, he was firing on all cylinders and had a fluky injury stop him dead in his tracks. No question he has struggled a bit coming back, but so did JT a year ago with a similar injury. His emotion is everything Leafs fans crave, and it looks to be rubbing off. AM34 and Mitch have always had a swagger, but they are playing with so much heart. Hard to believe a guy like Simmer isn't a bit of a part of that

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
If we get more of Simmonds from last night, great.
if we get more of Simmonds from the past 2 months, oof.
For sure. Mind you he hasn't been playing the past 2 months, only four weeks since his 6-week injury time off and seems to be healing nicely and back to his normal self again (i.e. grumpy/agitated, throwing hits, barks at opponents, etc.)

Glad he was on the ice when Dubois piled on top of Campbell, nothing would've have happened otherwise.

There's a short list of guys who'd even dare to flip-a-Lucic move (earlier this month):

I won't be surprised if he drops the gloves in one of the upcoming games (Habs/Canucks).

Last edited:

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I think day one of the playoffs, this is what we see (I think Spezza and Simmonds rotate in)

Foligno-Matthews-Marner
Galchenyuk-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Nash-Hyman
Thornton-Kerfoot-Simmonds/Spezza

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Bogosian

Andersen
Campbell

Reactions: Hclass47

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Have to admit, while I like him, I haven't been all that impressed by Simmonds so far this year. Thought he had lost a gear.

Seems to have it back now, right before the playoffs, which is perfect.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Leafs to win. All of it.

Heard it from a guy who gives me the super bowls, hates hockey.

As, I said, they set the odds, when the Leafs lost five straight.

Luck got nuthin to do with it.

Its all arranged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->