Line Combos: Simmonds Appreciation

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
No one is going to say it, but I will:

He's been surprisingly above expectations.

I didn't know what he would bring to Toronto, but he's pretty much been a positive on the ice.

For his reward he's been promoted to the top 6.

Jonas Siegel The Athletic via Twitter:

Wayne Simmonds the latest winger to get a shot with John Tavares and William Nylander.
*Kerfoot not practising.
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Nylander-Tavares-Simmonds
Vesey-*Engvall-Mikheyev
Petan-Boyd-Spezza
Barabanov-Brooks
Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Bogosian
Lehtonen-Sandin

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
I like it !!

Maybe when kerfoot comes back they reunite that line

soup - Kerfoot - Engvall

It was a damn good third line before soup injury.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Started off really badly but he's been better last few games. I hope he can keep it up because we need that kind of forward being productive.

Reactions: banks

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Skating a lot better than I expected and than what we saw in the first few games. Enjoying the element he brings to our lineup so far.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
I love our depth... When. Guys are having a good run, the ability to promote guys here and there while they're hot is great because each add an element that could compliment eachother well with low risk.

If Simmonds slows down, you bump soup. When Thornton comes back you have another guy that can fill that roll, if anyone else is injured . You still have Spezza who's experienced, and Engvall who has something to prove. So far it looks really nice to have this depth to cover players getting cold/injured and promote the ones getting hot.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I didn’t expect him to score any goals in the first 10 games, but other than that he’s been about what I expected. This is a good division for him.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
No one is going to say it, but I will:

He's been surprisingly above expectations.

I didn't know what he would bring to Toronto, but he's pretty much been a positive on the ice.

For his reward he's been promoted to the top 6.

Jonas Siegel The Athletic via Twitter:

Wayne Simmonds the latest winger to get a shot with John Tavares and William Nylander.
*Kerfoot not practising.
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Nylander-Tavares-Simmonds
Vesey-*Engvall-Mikheyev
Petan-Boyd-Spezza
Barabanov-Brooks
Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Bogosian
Lehtonen-Sandin

Actually I said it after the first game
Post-Game Talk: - Leafs Win!!! Defeat Habs 5-4 in OT

Spargon

May 31, 2019
When I first read the title I thought you meant Steve Simmons and was about to go off lol.

Wayne has been better then expected. I also never bought into the hes soo slow and crap narrative. That was typical HF goalposts moving to make sure there's always a sky falling over the Leafs

Reactions: ottomaddox

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
He seems to be skating a lot better. was really bad at the beginning, but he hadn't played a game in 10 months.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
We cannot play him in s bigger role 5 on 5, he can't skate or play D and his puck skills are limited to the front of the net. If he plays up in the lineup that wing will get exploited.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
He looks okay when he plays with talent, specifically on the PP, but he's a poor skater and defensive player. Unfortunately the same could be said about several other players on our roster.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
He's pretty much met my expectations this far. You know what you're going to get with Wayne.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad